Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Pre 100/100 Challenege
Quote | Reply
If I remember last year there may have been a pre-challenge to the annual 100 runs in 100 days challenge. I have tried to search for it but can't seem to locate it. Anyone remember what it was? Anyone interested in possibly starting a run challenge on Nov 1 (45 days before the start of the 100/100). I finally committed to the Rocky Raccoon 100 miler on Feb 5 and would love some encouragement while I boost my run volume.
Quote Reply
Re: Pre 100/100 Challenege [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't recall a pre-challenge, but I'd definitely be interested in one! I'm doing my first 50 miler in December.
Quote Reply
Re: Pre 100/100 Challenege [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which 50 miler are you running in Dec? I am looking for some races in Dec and Jan to keep me motivated through Feb!

I finally found the post (See below for link). It was a Fall Running Challenge that ran from Sept 14- Nov 14. I guess we took a month off between that and the 100/100. So for those 9 weeks, the levels were:
  • Platinum = 600K (~ 10 K per day)
  • Gold = 500K (~ 8.5K per day)
  • Silver = 400K (~ 7K per day)
  • Bronze = 300k (~5K per day)
So if we run our challenge from Nov 1 to Dec 15 (45 days), using an adjusted scale of the above (I think I did the math right):
  • Platinum = 450K (~ 10 K per day) (and for us "English" unit folks - ~279 miles / 6.2 miles per day)
  • Gold = 382.5K (~ 8.5K per day) (~234 miles / 5.3 miles per day)
  • Silver = 315K (~ 7K per day) (~196 miles / 4.35 per day)
  • Bronze = 225k (~5K per day) (~140 miles / 3.1 per day)

Any comments/suggestions on these levels?

And thanks to Dev as this was his idea last year.

2009 Fall Running Thread:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool - thx!!

I'm doing the NF Endurance 50 in San Francisco on Dec 4th. I'm pretty sure it's still open if you're interested :)

Those distances look good to me, and seems like a great time for a challenge. If I hit my plan 100%, I'll be at 309 by 12/15. However, I don't think I've ever hit my plan 100%, so aiming for Platinum still gives me some wiggle room.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well it looks like it was just us but I would still love to continue with challenge. Maybe some others will join us. Since its just us, lets just keep this tread alive and we will report each Monday on progress. Work for you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds great! As you mentioned, maybe others will join and if not we'll just motivate each other :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. I am trying to get back to running after some injuries/accident. I'm currently at 15 mpw and ready to step it up. I still have fractured ribs so I can only run slowly, which has been a blessing (I guess) because there's no possibility of upping the intensity yet, so the goal is to add more distance. I'll be shooting for the Bronze level :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Pre 100/100 Challenege [runninginaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WooHoo! A third challenge member! Thanks for joining.

and for you mens who are reading the thread, this is not a women's only challenge. Join us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll bite. I ran 4.5 miles this morning. My legs were really tight so I stopped and spent the rest of the time I had to work out foam rolling and stretching.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Pre 100/100 Challenege [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yay for two more! :)

Here's hoping to getting November off to a good start. I'll be doing my run this afternoon & will report back later :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M - 4.5
T - 6.5
W - 6

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great.....I would love to track my runs as it can keep me going on some longer ones thru the winter.
M: 5.5
T: 5
W: no run

Some gals I run with decided to do a core strength and upper body strength challenge for November/December.
Push ups, crunches (other situp type abs), bench dips all the fun ones we all love to do = 100 min a week.
Quote Reply
Re: Pre 100/100 Challenege [Tokogirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice start to the challenge everyone!

My numbers so far:
Mon - 6
Tues - 11
Wed - will do 8 tonight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for as long as I can do it and not feel competitive with people. As soon as I start adjusting my mileage because I feel like I'm not running enough I tend to get hurt ;-) so I reserve the right to bail at any time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tigerchik - understood!

We've all got different goals. I'm building for an ultra, that's the only reason mine are high.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M - 4.5
T - 6.5
W - 6
T - 5.87

I did my third swim of the week this morning; quite happy about that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me too! I will be pushing it to reach the Bronze level. I am doing good this week so far:

Mon: Bike 24 miles, Run 2 miles
Tue: Run 4 miles
Weds: Run 5.25 miles
Thurs: Bike 1 hour trainer

Hoping to hit 20 miles for the week with a long run of 6 miles, but will see how the body is doing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
M - 4.5
T - 6.5
W - 6
T - 5.87
F - 8.5

Got my fourth swim of the week in too:D

Last edited by: tigerchik: Nov 5, 10 5:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tough week for me! 2 sick kids = missed run on Wed and probably today also. Oh well, rolling with it....

4.25 yesterday, with a tiny (really tiny!) bit of 'speed' work mixed in
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M - 4.5
T - 6.5
W - 6
T - 5.87
F - 8.5
S - 6.1

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, friends have been pushing the milage in the mornings and I am glad to just tag along:
Thurs.: 5.5miles
Fri.: 6.5 miles (tho this made me almost late for work - but it was so fun)
Sat.: 8 hours worth of driving but nothing much else

JenHS - glad to hear your Javelina recovery is going well! = )
Quote Reply
Re: Pre 100/100 Challenege [Tokogirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was my biggest run week and longest long run since the 1st week of June. 21.35 miles total (1.8mi/4mi/5.25/4mi/6.3mi). Not very impressive numbers but I am happy.
Quote Reply
Re: Pre 100/100 Challenege [runninginaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M - 4.5
T - 6.5
W - 6
T - 5.87
F - 8.5
S-6.1
S-6.8

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

M - 4.5
T - 6.5
W - 6
T - 5.87
F - 8.5
S-6.1
S- 6.8

M - 8

8 miles this morning in 62:13. 45 min yoga after. Both felt good.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love having daily posts but every Monday, lets have everyone in the challenge post a summary table of the week prior. Something to the effect of:

Total Miles last week: 48 (broken down as Tues-5.5, Wed-10, Thurs-5, Sat-10.5, Sun-17. I also got in 1 swim)
Total Miles Total in Challenge: 48

How did everyone's last week go?
Quote Reply

Prev Next