Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post Ironman AZ
Quote | Reply
So it is Thursday...How is everyone doing post race? I have a cold, sinus thing. I am totally drained. My various wetsuit and seam rubs are healing quite nicely though.

Vestri sessio est quoque altus!
Quote Reply
Re: Post Ironman AZ [trisyzyl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still haven't worn normal shoes since the little gash in my foot that I got jumping into the lake is so tender. Think I might try to put on running shoes and go for a little jog, though. Feeling pretty good overall.

Enjoy your hard-earned recovery!
Quote Reply
Re: Post Ironman AZ [trisyzyl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope everyone is doing better than me.

I'm sicker than a dog. I haven't been able to take a deep breathe since I finished. I've been using my asthma inhaler every 2 hours and it works a little. My allergists said to start a course of Prednisone and hopefully today it will kick in.

I also can't wear regular shoes. I had a serious blood blister under one of my big toe nails (my right foot swelled at mile 3 of the run went numb for a little while, so i think my toe nail started to rub on m shoe). I didn't pop it until yesterday so the swelling is just now going down. The toe is black and blue and i'll lose the nail for sure.

Muscles feel fine for the most part, my quads are still a little sore, but I don't have to hold on to anything when I sit or go down stairs.

I'm completely spent/tired, but can't sleep through the night (I think that has to do with my breathing).

I really don't remember feeling this bad after Florida. Can someone explain why I want to do this again?????

I'm actually itching to go for a run, just 3 miles, but I know I need to get my breathing better and my toe needs to come down a lot in size.

I finally ate something semi healthly last night after 3 days of full on junk food, mostly pizza, some in and out burger. A lot of carrot cake with tons of icing, a bag of lime tostitos, and 2 bags of Mother's Iced Animal Cookies. I tossed the rest of the junk food because the thought of it was making me sick.
Quote Reply
Re: Post Ironman AZ [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You want to do it again because you totally kicked butt!! I had weird lung issues after Moo; I couldn't take a deep breath without a coughing fit. I took one dose of prednisone and was back to normal.
Quote Reply