Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pelvic Pain
Quote | Reply
Hi, I had a baby 7 months ago and started running 5.5 weeks after giving birth. I didn't have a terribly difficult birth, the baby (all 9 lbs 7 oz of him) got stuck on my pelvic bone. I was doing great, even did an 8 mile adventure race at the 4 month point. I was training for a marathon and about 3 weeks ago did an 8 mile run with him in the Bob Stroller, the tires were a little flat at the time. Since then I have had pain, I think it is muscular, through my lower pelvic area. Some days it hurts to walk and it is worse on days I run and even worse on days I push the stroller? Any one have any experience with this or ideas of what it could be?
Quote Reply
Re: Pelvic Pain [CHB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CHB
First congrats on staying fit and healthy during your pregnancy and getting motivated after the birth of your son! As a physical therapist that has worked in the Women's Health arena, I would be concerned about a few things. First, as you mentioned, there could be a muscular imbalance in the major muscles of your pelvic girdle or your pelvic floor. Do you have any incontinence or leakage? Do you have pain with intercourse? Secondly, based on you saying your son got stuck on your pelvic bone, I would be concerned about your pelvic alignment. I would highly recommend an evaluation by a Women's Health Physical Therapist in your area. I can try to help with a referral, if you send me where you are located. Good luck!

Re: Pelvic Pain [tridana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Tight muscles that tether into the pubic bone can cause pelvic pain. Try stretching adductors, obliques, hamstrings. Or try a foam roller for quads hams and adductors. Pushing a stroller with under inflated tires is hard on your body. :)
Quote Reply