Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Party ideas
Quote | Reply
I'm having a party at my house for some women friends who have trained all year together. It's something of a celebration of our long season. Plus, a send-off to one woman who is doing IMAZ.

Help. I need party ideas. I've invited people to bring photos or mementos from races. Also to bring food. I'm thinking it might be fun, in addition to mingling and listening to music and looking at photos, to have activities or games or something. Or do something crazy for the IMAZ send-off.

Ideas?? It's the slow part of the afternoon, and my brain isn't working!!

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Party ideas [Oleander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carving pumpkins is my favorite party thing except that only works before Halloween.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whiskey Drinking and Skeet Shooting Party! Believe me, no one will ever forget THAT PARTY. (not even with lots and lots of therapy).
Quote Reply
Re: Party ideas [mccannathon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and what is a "skeet shooting party"?????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe some sort of pampering type spa like theme as a reward for all the hard work training.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, you start by getting some shotguns. Big ones, like 12 gauge. Then you get some clay pigeons. Then throw the clay pigeons and people try and shoot them out of the sky with the big shotguns.

What could possibly go wrong?

On second thought, how about a Super Hero Party?
People can come as their favorite super hero, existing or made up. If they are triathletes they probably have plenty of spandex to pull this off pretty easily.
Last edited by: mccannathon: Nov 6, 08 16:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duh, Chippendales serving drinks shirtless. That's all you need....

http://www.chippendales.com/...loads/wallpapers.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Party ideas [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Maybe some sort of pampering type spa like theme as a reward for all the hard work training.
That sounds nice...

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So, you start by getting some shotguns. Big ones, like 12 gauge. Then you get some clay pigeons. Then throw the clay pigeons and people try and shoot them out of the sky with the big shotguns.

That is totally not where I thought you were going with that suggestion...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the ST training weekends at Xantusia, Trailbait started a tradition that I think is great. Erika brought a bunch of Tribabe stuff and wrapped it up. Then, one person picked a gift from the pile and gave it to someone, but they had to say something nice about that person. That person would open their gift and then pick another gift from the pile and give it to someone else. It was a huge hit and we did it again the second year when WeaselGrl brought all the gifts. It's too much to ask one person to buy all the gifts, so just ask all of the ladies coming to bring a small gift (say around $10 - 20).

If you want to make it more competitive, you can do a Yankee Swap. That's always fun too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Whiskey Drinking and Skeet Shooting Party! Believe me, no one will ever forget THAT PARTY. (not even with lots and lots of therapy).

Believe it or not I used to shoot skeet! Even harder to believe was that the club I shot at allowed drinking on the line! I use to (had to give up drinking but that's another story) shoot with a bottle of beer in my shooting jacket pocket. No one ever got hurt but just for fun we would grab some ones hat and throw it in the air and every body would take a shot at it. Great fun unless it was your hat! One day someone grabbed my friend Cliffs hat. By the time that hat hit the ground it must of had a 100 holes in it.There was some animosity over that one so that was the end of that nonsense. Good times.
My friend Cliff died on Sept. 15 of this year. I miss him a lot. It was sad standing in front of that casket thinking of all the good times we shared at the skeet range and then I realized that this was my first close personal friend to die. I must be getting old. Ok now I have to stop and dry my key board off..........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skeet shooting thing should go over well in my urban Oakland backyard.

People will assume it is simply (a) Oakland gun violence, (b) another Obama celebration or (c) another enraged demo over the passage of Prop 8.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what did you decide to do?
Last edited by: QRgirl: Nov 10, 08 18:08
Quote Reply
Re: Party ideas [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So what did you decide to do?

Many people hadn't seen each other in so long, so just food and music and mixing was enough for people. No theme necessary!

We *did* have a corner for a clothing/small-equipment exchange. Dump your items there and take anything you'd like. Some people made off with some great stuff. That was a very low-maintenance project that went over well!
Quote Reply