Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pactimo delfino tri-top
Quote | Reply
Hi folks,

Sorry to jump in on the women's forum but I have a question:

Looking for some team gear and I mostly coach women, has anyone tried and liked the pactimo delfino women's full zipp tri top?

Thoughts? My girlfriend has some of that Vander kitty stuff including the Mako (pactimo shorts) which she loves (yoga style band in front-maybe more comfy for women?) I am not a big fan of the Mako top though as it has no zip and fits a bit loose, maybe OK for Oly etc.

Most of the women I have asked prefer a top without the built in bra support, preferring to wear their own bra, is this the same with you guys? The Delfino has no "built in" system.

Thanks
Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Pactimo delfino tri-top [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My team (all female) uses pactimo and I have been wearing the tri top you asked about for the past 2 seasons. My general impression on it is - meh. I do not think the quality is all that great as the top (as well as the shorts) can easily snag and pill. I also have a ton of issues with the pactimo zippers both on the tri top as well as with the cycling jacket. They seem to be poor quality and catch a ton. But it seems you were asking more about fit than quality so now I'll answer that. The fit is comparable to other tri tops (tight) and I don't have any horrible issues with chafing and whatnot. However, if was not my team jersey, I would definitely not choose to race in it. It is not as comfortable and the fabric isn't as nice as other tops on the market.

And as someone who has to strap her chest down in order to comfortably run, I prefer being able to wear the bra of my choice. If a jersey/top has a built in, I either don't buy it or have to wear another bra under the provided one. More times that not, I just choose not to buy it as I don't like to have to add more layers than necessary.

hope my rambling was somewhat informative...
Quote Reply
Re: Pactimo delfino tri-top [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced Ironman CDA in the delfino full-zip top and tri shorts (no change). I eventually wore through the lycra in the shorts; the top has pilled at the back of the neck where the wetsuit velcro is, but otherwise has held up well. I like that the armholes are low and I have no chafing, which is a problem for me in many other tri tops, especially k-swiss. My biggest complaint over that distance was that the seams at the top of the zipper track (neckline) cover a tiny bit of plastic to hold in place -- maybe all zippers are like that? -- and even with the (useful) fabric cover that holds the zipper pull in place, that spot chafed by mid-run. That might be alleviated if you wear the right bra under it, stay dryer, or run faster so you finish in less than 14 hours. :)

The Pactimo tri clothes are a bit tighter than the cycling clothes. I wear my cycling jersey (racing tight) one size smaller than my tri top. And I prefer to pick my own sports bra, or no sports bra, depending on the situation.
Quote Reply
Re: Pactimo delfino tri-top [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your reponse,

My experience with quality of tri-tops is that for me, after 2-3 races due to gatorade coke etc the colour is so bad that I just toss it any way, my logo will be on a white back ground so the orange and black stains, usually make it look horrible long before stitching wears out.

I am also a bit of a "grey wash" guy meaning once a week every thing goes in on "heavy load" jeans, tri stuff shirts etc, in between the dogs usually get a hold of either tri socks or shorts/tops and hide them under the deck, i have always assumed that any lack in quality of a garment was one of my own making ;-)

Having said that, I think sugui might be another option. They do all of the IMC stuff so the sizes are known. It also looks like you can get the "RS" kit for about 120$

The main issues for me are comfort and aero, then a 3/4 zipp for the run.

Appreciate your response re the "up top" question, this is good to know. And it agrees with what I have heard from other women clients.
Your own "known" support is better than built in, plus having things secure should be more aero,

Cheers,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Pactimo delfino tri-top [Gee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh! Thanks for bringing up the zipper chafing. I completely forgot about that.
Quote Reply