Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PSA: sale on Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's
Quote | Reply
Hey all,
Saw these were on sale in women's sizes 8-11.5, B width. Too big for me but at $119 a pair and free shipping and good price:
http://www.zappos.com/...ace-red-white-yellow

I was looking for shoe that might work well to cushion my back (herniated disc) from jarring, if/when I'm able to return to running again.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [Tri3]-Size question [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can anyone comment on how these fit? I've had four people tell me I should try them because of my calf/achilles problems and I wear a 10.5 in all other running shoes I've worn-zoot, PI, newton, Asics and usually a 9.5 in other shoes, but the link says 'felt 1 size larger' and I really can't figure out if that means they run big or small?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [Tri3]-Size question [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I can tell you is that RoadRunnerSports.com, which also sells this shoe, says to order up 1/2 size. The good thing about Zappos is that it is free shipping both out and for returns. If I'm not sure about a size I'll order the two that I'm considering, and return the one that doesn't fit.

Also, I spoke with my PT today, and he thought this type of shoe (there are other brands coming onto the market) is a good idea for those of us with injuries made worse by strike impact.

Last edited by: Tri3: Jan 6, 14 16:23
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, that's what I thought was the case for sizing. Ordering a pair now.

3 of the 4 people who told me to try Hokas were physical therapists. My injury isn't necessarily strike related but hopefully they still help.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a pair of bondi bs. I ordered a half size up and they were too big. I think the bondis are the widest toe box shoe in their lineup. lock laces may help but you'll have to buy them separately. the tarmacs come with them.

hope they work for you!
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine today and you are right--they seem to run big, so ordering a half size larger was WAY TOO BIG. Drats, I ordered the smallest size they had.

Quote Reply
Re: PSA: sale on Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. Mine are still good, but at this price tempted to get back up pair. I am not a fan of this coloring, but beggars can't be choosers.

Agree w/ above. I ordered my regular size. They have super wide toe box which I love having really wide feet.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: sale on Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Tarmac is also on sale, which they had in my size.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: sale on Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads up! I have a pair of men's Bondi 2's that I bought on sale and love them. I've had stress issues on the inside of my legs under both knees and the Bondi's are keeping me pain free as I train for my first marathon in quite a while. I initially started training in my Mizuno Precision 15's but started to feel a burn at my old stress site. Unfortunately my Bondi 2's are just a tad short. They bother my 2nd toe on longer runs. Now I can justify a new pair and it sounds like the 11's will work for me.

Good luck. I hope they work as well for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear a size 5.5 street shoe. The old Bondi Bs used to fit me in size 6, and were still roomy. They new sizing is HUGE! I love them and I can't get them to fit because they don't come small enough anymore. If anyone finds an old size 5.5 somewhere online please post it.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: sale on Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [lam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received my 11's. I think they were a men's 11! They were just too big. I processed my free return with Zappos, but found that the sale is over : ( After that I searched and found them for even less with free shipping on 6pm!!! I ordered a 10.5 (mens). I have the Bondi B 2's in a Mens 10.5, but the Speeds seem to run longer. Fingers crossed!

Link to 6pm sale:
http://www.6pm.com/...ace-red-white-yellow
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: sale on Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [lam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep. I just received my 10.5 And it's hard to see, but the label inside says m 11.5 w 10.5. The link posted clearly said women's when I ordered it. It's now changed.

Oh well, as long as they pay for shipping back, nothing really lost.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: sale on Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI they are all on sale at Running Warehouse now too :)

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/..._campaign=act%20fast
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: sale on Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you use the code FB15D you get an extra 15% off clearance items.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GhiaGirl wrote:
yep. I just received my 10.5 And it's hard to see, but the label inside says m 11.5 w 10.5. The link posted clearly said women's when I ordered it. It's now changed.

Oh well, as long as they pay for shipping back, nothing really lost.

Okay. So I was not temporarily insane. I was sure that I ordered a women's 11. I compared them to my Husbands Bondi's which are a men's 11.5 and they were just about the same size!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the code. I used it to buy clearance Newton Distance XI from 2011 for $55! Wicked deal!
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: sale on Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And they fit my feet really well, which says a great deal, considering I have wide feet and a high instep. When I wear them, it feels like I'm wearing slippers, they are so light and comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: sale on Hoka Bondi Speed 2--women's [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hang onto the code--Running Warehouse has had it for years! Lots of good bargains right now if you can find your size.

Quote Reply