Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OrthoTricyclin
Quote | Reply
Hey there ladies!
I was amenorrhea for about a year and a half and have been trying different birth controls of and on since January 2010. I have tried Yaz, LoestrinFE, Seasonique, and am now on OTC (Trinessa generic). I suffered a femoral stress fracture early in January and have been on calcium/vitamin D supplements and my doctor says it is necessary for me to be on some type of birth control. I have only been on trinessa for 2 months now, but I started my period a week early this month. My skin was really clear for the first month and only 1 day of cramps and super light period. I was really happy, but now my skin is breaking out and I have had terrible cramps for the past 4 days!

Anyone have any advice?

I am 19 years old.
Quote Reply
Re: OrthoTricyclin [cgirltri92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nuvaring
Quote Reply
Re: OrthoTricyclin [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree w/ Jodi. Nuvaring is awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: OrthoTricyclin [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I actually asked one of my ultra friends and she uses nuvaring and loves it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the nuvaring! Good luck, hang in there.

Jen
Quote Reply
Re: OrthoTricyclin [JNelly7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Can i ask how underweight you are (it's an assumption that seems likely to me)... your risk of osteoporosis is super high if you're not already osteopaenic and that's why you have to take calcium and vitamin D. Your periods should be able to be regulated but it might take some time to get used to a particular pill, however the best thing you can do for your body and potentially your childbearing future would be to chuck on a couple of kilos and get your menstrual cycle back naturally.
best wishes, you only get one body so look after it for the long term.
noodlecat77 :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OrthoTricyclin made me very fat and depressed. Stay away!
Quote Reply
Re: OrthoTricyclin [noodlecat77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am 5'5" and was about 105 pounds. I went vegetarian for 2 years for health reasons and lost a lot of weight and probably exercised more than my body could handle. I am now back at a healthy 130ish although my body fat percentage is fairly low. I know I am at risk for bone issues :(
Luckily, my mind is in the right place and I know I eventually want children and want to be racing for the rest of my life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like you have a healthy approach to a fairly complicated & tough situation. Hang in there & stick with it. I went through about 6-8 different types of pills (this has been many moons ago)...I never really found one that worked - I was always breaking through to the point where the only time I wasn't spotting/bleeding was when I was on the "off week" from the pills. MISERABLE.

Anyway...I started with Nuvaring about 10yrs ago & positively love it. Set it & forget it! Next to no side-effects & minimized the other issues that come along with the periods. I'll have a day or two of some cramping & maybe a backache. I'm prone to a PMS-induced migraine every few months too, but that's unrelated to the ring. I love it!

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI, another Nuvaring plug. Most of my friends are Doctors and all are either on Nuvaring or have an IUD in place.

:-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: OrthoTricyclin [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was on various pills for 17 years then decided to get off the artificial hormones and went with a copper IUD. So glad I did.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply