Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

One week down after ITB surgery
Quote | Reply
Hey all-
Just wanted to give an update- surgery went well for my ITB and scope with the doc saying it was the most "narley" ITB he has ever seen. Stitches out and almost full ROM although I still walk funny and instead of using my one crutch I use my Kids heads instead as they walk beside me Amy CO can verify this!! Say Andy Pruitt again today with my surgeon and when I asked the prognosis of running he said that if I didn't I "would be the first" who didn't run after. Sooooo- now I can start to easy spin, no swimming until next week. Feel like I am handling a piece of China afraid it will break so I need to be careful. You don't realize how much you love the sport until you can't do it. Therapy tomorrow and we will just start plugging along. What is the quote I heard the other day "Brick walls are put up in front of you to see how bad you want something" So there you go!!

Thank you all for your well wishes going into surgery- now lets see what happens. Those of you racing soon or training- have a great time and truly enjoy it!!

COtrimom

Quote Reply
Re: One week down after ITB surgery [COTrimom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck with the rehab! Keep us updated. Enjoy the easy spinning and swimming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your update - I am glad your surgery went well, you sound so excited :-) I'm awaiting an "I got to run today and it was awesome!!!" post when your doctor lets you try running!

love
tc

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: One week down after ITB surgery [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That will take atleast a thousand dollars in pscyhe appts to get my head not afraid but lets see how walking goes and then maybe that will give me more confidence. Cross your fingers!

COtrimom

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm glad to hear it went well, I've been wondering about you.

It sounds like running is in your near future and that's great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's an awesome prognosis, and it's totally cool that you have Andy Pruitt as a doc. He's a freakin' legend!

Dig the kid's head crutch, too. :P

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear it went well. And you're in good hands. Surgery is only as good as the rehab!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hang in there! Its all going to get better from here:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear it went well, I hope you're running again happily in no time. I have been reading lots about it, and suffering away with the same darned injury, keep us posted on your recovery?

Take care, enjoy those easy spins.

Rachel
Quote Reply