Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Occasional Running Soreness... How do you fix it?
Quote | Reply
So, my wife has started running with me on a regular basis, but occasionally complains that her breasts get really sore. Sometimes she's just fine for a 30+ minute run. Other times they start hurting her a couple minutes after we head out the door. When they start hurting, she says that its from the bouncing from running. She's a B cup and has a few different sports bras, but it seems to happen even with her best ones.

Have any of you ladies dealt with similar problems? Any insight or suggestions would be fantastic. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Occasional Running Soreness... How do you fix it? [gurufrank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is still a sports bra issue, likely. A great site that is run by an STer is www.bradiva.com. I found out, based on a bra sizing thing on there, that I am a different size in my sports bras than I thought. Also Title9 has a great selection of bras and gives good recommendations. http://www.titlenine.com/...EGORY&itemID=674

It can also be hormonal. Have her keep track of the soreness in relationship to her monthly cycle and see if it is related. I find there is a relationship there some months more than others. Gotta love those hormones!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Occasional Running Soreness... How do you fix it? [gurufrank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jen is probably on to something. This used to happen to me. I found it was in relation to my period cycle and realized that my boobs were getting bigger at a certain time during the cycle. When it was happening I had to double up the sports bras. During that time I went from an A cup to almost a B cup. I switched BCPs and it went away.
Quote Reply
Re: Occasional Running Soreness... How do you fix it? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice! She's going to start tracking the soreness, and in the mean time look into some better sports bras.
Quote Reply