Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here)
Quote | Reply
OK so I had to work late yesterday. I had made a fabulous sauce and told the Man, well all you have to do is boil some pasta and pour it on. Also had made a salad ready to go in fridge. Got home late, NO pasta made, he said he 'didnt feel like COOKING' when he got home, and ate a bag of microwave popcorn instead. Did not touch the salad, and hovered around me as he was still hungry! what, waiting for me to boil water? now I thought Id come home to pasta made. Didn't feel like 'cooking'? WTF?
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem is not the "cooking" per se but ALL the utensils needed to do that task and thinking that we HAVE to wash everything we use after finishing the meal (pot/pan, cooking spoon, plate, spoon to serve the sauce, fork/tongs to serve the salad, cheese grinder, etc). We seem too complicated, but on the contrary we are very simple to figure out :P
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I Dont know if that was the reason in this case but I have to agree with your ideas on this one....

warning: sweeping generalization: It seems women overcomplicate the simplest stuff....and create work for themselves...and then stress out...then expect help doing the work they created....then get frustrated that we dont help on stuff we would have never done in the first place....end up mad and ranting....

the holidays are a perfect example:

gifts HAVE to be bought for certain people ( I say: no we dont )
we HAVE to do a christmas card (I say: no we dont)
We have to bring something home made to the holiday pot luck...which will include a speical trip to the store and then agonize over what we buy and prepare...(I say: now we dont...it creates work and no one eats most of it anyway...lets just go to the store and pick up something to bring)

didnt Oprah tell us to focus on whats really important..spending time with each other and appreciating each other?.....the endless "to do's" that women create because in HAS to be done seem to get in the way of all this....

but I dont see much hope in this ever changing....
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes this is completely true!
I like to consider myself 'easy going' but that threw me over the edge!
Really, 90% of the stress we face is created by ourselves and crazy expectations.

But-why oh WHY does he insist on wearing dirty shoes in the house! please just give me this one thing! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DING DING DING DING DING DING DING....We have a winner!

Welcome to my world!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am taking away your man-card forever for watching Oprah! Her studio is right next to my place and I don't even know what channel she is on!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not to mention all of the X-mas crap we have to drag out of the attack and spread all around the house. Every year my wife accumulates at least 1 more bin of this stuff. Then there are all of the post holiday trips to return unwanted gifts and buy more unwanted stuff on sale. The guy with the popcorn sounds spot on to me...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spot on! But, your man-card is permanent revoked for watching Oprah...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Last edited by: JSA: Dec 31, 08 7:17
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rant: WTF is up with this man card crap?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I Dont know if that was the reason in this case but I have to agree with your ideas on this one....

warning: sweeping generalization: It seems women overcomplicate the simplest stuff....and create work for themselves...and then stress out...then expect help doing the work they created....then get frustrated that we dont help on stuff we would have never done in the first place....end up mad and ranting....

the holidays are a perfect example:

gifts HAVE to be bought for certain people ( I say: no we dont )
we HAVE to do a christmas card (I say: no we dont)
We have to bring something home made to the holiday pot luck...which will include a speical trip to the store and then agonize over what we buy and prepare...(I say: now we dont...it creates work and no one eats most of it anyway...lets just go to the store and pick up something to bring)

didnt Oprah tell us to focus on whats really important..spending time with each other and appreciating each other?.....the endless "to do's" that women create because in HAS to be done seem to get in the way of all this....

but I dont see much hope in this ever changing....
Just to add to this theory: notice that the womens are so bogged down in holiday stuff that practically none of them are posting on their own forum lately, and it's been left to all of us guys who have been lurking here?

Oh, and in an attempt to keep this thread at least a little on topic, I will post a brief rant on my wife's behalf (she can't do it herself 'cause she's away):

"My husband spends way the hell too much time online talking to imaginary friends, and I trip on his bikes in the back hall when I come home at night."

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Amstel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then, after dragging all that crap out of the attic, guess who is going to be expected to haul it all back up there??? Along with the extra crap she had to buy this year on sale!

Man, this is great thread ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like my tenant, Dave. I was making myself some pasta (gluten free, rice based) when the contractor came by that I'd hired to fix up the window frames. I had to walk the contractor around to make sure we were on the same page about what I needed done and get the quote, so I asked Dave "keep an eye on this and turn off the stove when it's done."

I came back to overboiled noodles that were disintegrating in the water and the excuse "I don't know how to tell when rice noodles are done cooking..."

because it's sooo much different to find out if rice noodles are soft compared to regular noodles when the exact same rules apply?

Then again, this is the same lazy man that can't take the 2 seconds required when stopping to open the gate so he can park the car to also make sure the lint from the dryer at the end of the hose where it catches on the little cage thingy that keeps birds from nesting inside it hasn't clogged. That he might burn the house down around himself makes no never mind to him, it's too difficult to remember to glance over there from time to time.

I see a bunch of the visiting men have claimed that a lot of the stress and rants come from unnecessary work we create for ourselves. Not necessarily true. I argue a lot of the rants come from the men in our lives taking us and the work we do for granted.... like not being in the mood to boil water and instead waiting till the woman gets home all tired and exhausted and expecting her to boil it for him.

There is no justice, there is only me. -- Death
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Sabrekitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sounds like my tenant, Dave. I was making myself some pasta (gluten free, rice based) when the contractor came by that I'd hired to fix up the window frames. I had to walk the contractor around to make sure we were on the same page about what I needed done and get the quote, so I asked Dave "keep an eye on this and turn off the stove when it's done."

I came back to overboiled noodles that were disintegrating in the water and the excuse "I don't know how to tell when rice noodles are done cooking..."

because it's sooo much different to find out if rice noodles are soft compared to regular noodles when the exact same rules apply?

Then again, this is the same lazy man that can't take the 2 seconds required when stopping to open the gate so he can park the car to also make sure the lint from the dryer at the end of the hose where it catches on the little cage thingy that keeps birds from nesting inside it hasn't clogged. That he might burn the house down around himself makes no never mind to him, it's too difficult to remember to glance over there from time to time.

I see a bunch of the visiting men have claimed that a lot of the stress and rants come from unnecessary work we create for ourselves. Not necessarily true. I argue a lot of the rants come from the men in our lives taking us and the work we do for granted.... like not being in the mood to boil water and instead waiting till the woman gets home all tired and exhausted and expecting her to boil it for him.
See? You just make a simple thing very complicated situation. where a simple chinese take-out would have solve the problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have some holiday man rage, fortunately, it is not against my husband (this year). A bunch of my friends have young kids and several husbands have decided that gift buying and decorating is a waste of time and money and it's all about consumerism. I had one friend tell me that she would have to go buy their Christmas tree, haul it into the house and set it up because her husband didn't think it was necessary. They have a 5 year old that is so excited to decorate trees, she came over to our house and decorated ours with us, she was over for several hours watching holiday shows, drinking cocoa and helping us decorate. We were happy to provide good memories for her surrounding the holidays but after a while I started getting angry at the husbands because here's something they don't seem to understand: IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU! How convenient to be the Grinch and refuse to participate but ultimately, you lose because you missed the opportunity to bond with family and friends when you stand around complaining instead of participating.

It didn't help that right before the holidays one of my friends told me her husband thinks diamond wedding rings represent consumerism and status and that he decided he was never getting her a ring but oh he had the time and money to go buy a Ninetendo Wii. Men in the northwest have this whole granola angle they are trying to work but I'm onto it!
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It didn't help that right before the holidays one of my friends told me her husband thinks diamond wedding rings represent consumerism and status and that he decided he was never getting her a ring but oh he had the time and money to go buy a Ninetendo Wii. Men in the northwest have this whole granola angle they are trying to work but I'm onto it!

how can you compare a wii to something for which there are armed conflicts all over the world, mining operations damaging the environment and so on? Good that some guys are finally starting to wise up about the whole 'diamonds are forever' thing, it would be nice if more women did the same.
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Marco in BC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

how can you compare a wii to something for which there are armed conflicts all over the world, mining operations damaging the environment and so on? Good that some guys are finally starting to wise up about the whole 'diamonds are forever' thing, it would be nice if more women did the same.
I agree and I would advise women to see wedding rings as leashes! Get away from leashes! Be free, you don't need a ring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Really, 90% of the stress we face is created by ourselves and crazy expectations."

This is the understatement of the year!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [Marco in BC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He had reasons for not buying other types of rings too so at some point you have to start thinking maybe he doesn't want to spend any money on it. She is considering tattooing her ring finger since a guy in her office asked if she played around since she doesn't wear a wedding ring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My woman still has her Woman Card intact. One requirement of a Woman Card is that her man never have to do any cooking or cleaning. I can work outside in the yard, on the roof, in the basement, fixing a million things that need to be fixed around the house, painting, maintaining the cars, and paying the bills - but not cooking or cleaning (with the exception of barbequeing, or helping to clean up after a meal). That's woman's work, and just another way that women want to take away our masculinity.
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [YaHey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That's woman's work, and just another way that women want to take away our masculinity.[/quote] I know I shouldn't think this if funny, but secretly (well not so secretly now), I do.

Quote | Reply
I think that most men tend to think only about what they want and that's it. It's not that they're deliberately trying to annoy us, it just rarely occurs to them to give anyone other than themselves a thought. [And if you ever need proof of this theory, go to any sports bar/restaurant on a Saturday or Sunday during football season around lunch or early afternoon. Lots of dads will have kids in tow because it's mom's time off. The kids will be running around while dad's eyes are glued to the TV. Do you think dad said, hey kids -- wanna go to the sports bar, order some food, and watch the game? I doubt it. They simply thought -- gee, I'd like to go to the sports bar, order some food, and watch the game; I guess the kids can come along too.]

And before any of you man lurkers get your panties in a wad over this, I'm making a generalization here -- a "rule of thumb" if you will. It saves me quite of bit of heartburn to remember that hubby is generally looking out for #1 and if I want him to take me or the kids into consideration, I'll need to say something. He's more than happy to take us into consideration, but I just have to remind him.
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not a fan of diamond rings, but if a woman wants one, I'll get her one. However, I'm not getting a ring that is worth 3 month's salary. That is extortion. I remember when it was only 2 month's salary. That's like $15k for me; that's a freaking down payment on a house!

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [YaHey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My woman still has her Woman Card intact. One requirement of a Woman Card is that her man never have to do any cooking or cleaning. I can work outside in the yard, on the roof, in the basement, fixing a million things that need to be fixed around the house, painting, maintaining the cars, and paying the bills - but not cooking or cleaning (with the exception of barbequeing, or helping to clean up after a meal). That's woman's work, and just another way that women want to take away our masculinity.
Then I must be a woman with balls. I cook, clean, and do laundry in addition to mowing the yard, barbequing, watching football, and checkout out the hotties.

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Not to scare away the visiting Men, but...(post your men rants here) [mccannathon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Rant: WTF is up with this man card crap?

it's an attempt by a number of men who are insecure about their gender identity to find emotional comfort by belonging to a group of similarly confused people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That's woman's work, and just another way that women want to take away our masculinity.

dude, you're like 3/3 so far!

have you ever lived alone in your entire life, or, like an infant, have you always had a woman around to take care of you because you were incapable of doing it yourself?
Quote Reply

Prev Next