Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New STer - No more lurking.
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I am introducing my fiancé. NorthShoreGirl will no longer be a lurker. She has her own screen name and I know she will be a regular here. Mostly, I am just really proud of her and wanted to have some more people cheering for her on the IMC course. #2362 Angela
She has completed three IM’s and after her last marathon last November suffered a hip injury, which was just recently MRIed and is an acetabular labrum tear.

In January we moved, then completely renovated an old house and she got a new job. For me that meant gaining 20+ pounds, but she took it as a challenge and focused on strength training and weight loss, losing 25 pounds.

13 weeks before IMC she started the “13 weeks to a 13 hr IM” because of its low mileage approach not knowing if she would be able to run. Her hip is probably bound for surgery at some date, but she has completed the training.

That all said; she is racing this weekend, is going to kick my butt and I couldn’t be more proud of her upcoming PB.
We are looking forward to meeting some ST up at IMC. See you there and good luck.

it turns out that our OP is only "mostly" dead........ ElGordo
Last edited by: NorthShore: Aug 25, 09 14:19
Quote Reply
Re: New STer - No more lurking. [NorthShore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck this weekend to both of you. And welcome to NSG!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent, I am #2361, right beside ya Angela! I assume by the screen name you hail from NVan, I was in East Van just moved back to New West. Have a great race and try to find us STers on the Friday dinner!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome Angela!! I will add you to my list of people to watch online for IMC results! I hope you have a great time and hit your time goal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome Angela! I hope to meet you in Penticton!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, it's official... no more long-time lurking for me!

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to meeting some of you this weekend, and AndyPants, so cool that we are in sequence!

I guess this means I have no excuse for not posting anymore, which is always good!

Off to pack T1 and T2 bags and organize for the drive to Penticton tomorrow!

Ciao bellas!
Quote Reply
Re: New STer - No more lurking. [NorthShoreGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On Friday, I'll try to wear my team Xantusia t-shirt (bright orange) from Tribabe... so I should stick out like a sore thumb :->

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome and good luck this weekend!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been pretty ST MIA lately, but great to meet you guys today. Good eye, Angela. :)

I'll have chocolate cake waiting for you at the finish line (I apologize in advance for eating some during the race hehe)

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've been pretty ST MIA lately, but great to meet you guys today. Good eye, Angela. :)

I'll have chocolate cake waiting for you at the finish line (I apologize in advance for eating some during the race hehe)

Some? You are a laugh riot.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: New STer - No more lurking. [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some idiot just ate my cake. Right in front of me, no less. Can you imagine the repercussions of such an act? I've never felt so violated.

Quote | Reply
Hey D! Great to meet you today & Captain Canada. How convenient!

I am very sorry to say, but it wasn't me who stole your cake. I made sure to stop by Safeway this afternoon to buy my $3.49 slice of heaven. Flavours are a tad different than my usual selection, so the bakery clerk laughed her a$$ off at me, when I told her that it's "Chocolate Cake Friday!"

Seriously, training is soooo much better when there is chocolate cake involved. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to the crazy lounge...Nice to meet you two.
Quote Reply
Re: New STer - No more lurking. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Francois- great to meet you too!

Finally met Andypants today, as we dropped off the Swim to Bike bags- great to meet you finally. Far too convenient!

Wanted to wish everyone participating tomorrow a great race! Looks like it will be a bit of a cooker, but I am sure we will all pull through with flying colours!

Have a great day tomorrow!
Quote Reply