Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Needed: Ladies wetsuit recommendations. Tall and skinny
Quote | Reply
Hello all, i'm looking to get my g-friend started in tri's and she needs a wetsuit but bad. She's a sinker big time. She's 5'8 and about 105 give or take a few.
Any size\brand recommendations. Any for sale?

Thanks so much for your input.
Quote Reply
Re: Needed: Ladies wetsuit recommendations. Tall and skinny [YO mortaaay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am neither tall, nor skinny. I am short and stumpy so also had a hard time finding a wetsuit that fit. I've recently acquired a 2 piece desoto wet suit. Being able to get a different size top and bottom really improved fit.

A girl friend of mine is very long and lean. She found that men's wetsuits fit her better than the female versions.
Quote Reply
Re: Needed: Ladies wetsuit recommendations. Tall and skinny [YO mortaaay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 for Desoto. I had an Ironman brand one before and it was stiff and restrictive.

Desoto (2 piece) is a huge improvement. Tomorrow I am going to experiment with just the pants (and my reg tri suit, of course).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'7", 125 with "boy-body" dimensions as one salesman was so nice enough to put it ;)
Anyway, I had very difficult time finding suit that fit and after trying on about 8-10 different ones went with the 2XU. Seem to be cut slimmer than most women's suits. I ended up in a women's small. She may find that the legs/arms land a little higher on her as I did (not at ankle/wrist), but this is really not an issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'10" and have super narrow shoulders and a small ribcage, but big legs (I'm not as light as your GF), and had a lot of difficulty finding a suit that fit. After trying a ton of suits I ended up buying a Zoot as it was a great fit, weirdly it was the cheapest suit I tried (that never happens). I love it and will be very, very sad when it dies.
Quote Reply
Re: Needed: Ladies wetsuit recommendations. Tall and skinny [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG 5'8" and 105?! She is one skinny chica! She probably gets harassed all the time for being so slim.

I'm 5'8" and about 120 and hear it a lot...

I'm currently in a Zoot suit, but will probably go the DeSoto 2 piece way in a while.

Good luck to her!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: Needed: Ladies wetsuit recommendations. Tall and skinny [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info everyone....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can imagine that your girlfriend is finding this tough - she certainly falls between all of the sizing suggestions for just about all wetsuits. I had similar problems and after trying out a few different suits it was 2XU that fit me best. The suggestion I got from most companies was to align with the weight over the height recommendations. Best of luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 5'5 and 102lbs. I just got a new wetsuit this spring. I went to a store and tried on three suits. I highly recommend she try on a suit before she buys it if she can. I tried on the Orca Apex 2 in XS, the 2XU's highest end suit in XS, and the Zoot Zenith in XS. The Zoot was a little looser than the other 2. Both the Orca and the 2XU fit very well. The Orca provided more buoyancy and the 2XU more shoulder flexabilty. It was easier for me to get out of the Orca. This is me, so everyone is different. I have a runners build and am very lean. It is more important to go by weight rather than height when buying a wetsuit. If she has long legs rather than a long torso, an XS in one of these models would probably be okay. A longer torso, she may need to go with a DeSoto.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely try wetsuitrental.com. It gives you/your GF a chance to try the suit (it will be "lightly" used). They have great service. A buddy rented a suit from them prior to a race a few months ago. The sizing was off so they FedEx'd him another suit overnight at no additional cost so he'd have it before the race. I'd say try that first so she gets an idea what she likes and doesn't. At the end of the rental you have the option to buy the suit at a reduced cost -- at a minimum she should know what fits and what doesn't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'6" and weight 108, so had similar problems. My Xterra Vortex fits wonderfully, in women's MS. Just get her to try on as many as possible!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My husband and I just bought DeSoto Pearl and DeSoto Speedtube. Customer service was great in helping us with sizing and suggestions on suits based on our race/swim style. We ordered 6 suits at one time,tried each one on, swam in them in the pool and open water, then returned the ones we didn't like. You can even get different sizes for top and bottom. I am larger breasted so I have a 2 on top and a 1 on bottom. DeSoto also repairs the suits for the life of the suit---FREE!!!!! 2007 suits are available at a big discount.
Quote Reply