Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Need one-liners to respond to "You are so big!" pregnancy comments
Quote | Reply
Is it this way for everyone? I'm 7 months pregnant and all day long I hear a constant barrage of "You are SO BIG!" comments from people. What the heck are you supposed to say back? "Thank you?" I realize people are just saying the first thing that comes to mind and don't necessarily mean to be rude but day after day after day of this and it gets old. I have 3 more months of this and I need some creative things to say back. Any fun ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Need one-liners to respond to "You are so big!" pregnancy comments [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First - congrats!!

Second, I can't believe people actually say things like this! Not clever, but I'd probably just say something like 'Thanks for pointing that out.' and make them feel like #*&$^

I don't know what it is about pregnancy that makes people think it's okay to say stuff like that and also that's it okay to touch you! Don't know if you've run into the belly-touchers, but if not yet...it's coming. *shudder*
Quote Reply
Re: Need one-liners to respond to "You are so big!" pregnancy comments [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elsa, I had a belly touch before I was even showing and the worst part was I was in the locker room putting on my swimsuit so I was completely naked and the person came over for a touch. She basically touched my chub, the baby was the size of a walnut then.

A lot of people are super nice to me and it just lovely. I can see why women like the attention. It's the "You are so big" and all of the "You're life is over" people that don't quite handle the whole interacting with the pregnant woman thing well.
Quote Reply
Re: Need one-liners to respond to "You are so big!" pregnancy comments [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what about "thanks! so are you!"
Last edited by: slink: Jul 23, 09 13:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's summertime. Say "see what happens when you swallow a watermelon seed?"
Either that or burst into tears. That might shut them up!
I feel your pain. I'm 5 feet tall and gave birth to a 9 lb 5 oz baby. When I showed up in the hospital to give birth the labor and delivery nurse looked at me and said "you look like an olive on a toothpick". Waaahhh!!

Anyway, congrats and best wishes to you and the bump!

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." (Proverbs 17:22)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If its an overweight rude office mate say: well I may be big now but at least its temporary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about, "Its not me, its the baby. I still fit in a size 4."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't really know what to suggest, but I just gave birth three weeks ago so it is quite fresh on my mind what people say to pregnant women with no regard for their feelings. Personally I was on the other side of the spectrum where I was very small for where I was at, people were constantly telling me to eat more, take better care of myself, stop exercising...people have to give their two sense. Keep doing what you are doing, try not to mind all of those busybodies. Enjoy your pregnancy!
Quote Reply
Re: Need one-liners to respond to "You are so big!" pregnancy comments [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
what about "thanks! so are you!"
YES! You had to know where my vote would stand, Erika.

By the way, you're so big!

Quote | Reply
'yeah, I had a big dinner last night'
'yes, I am pregnant. what's your excuse?'

I am really short waisted so I got this all the time - everyone thought I was having twins.

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I think this weekend is going to be the last time I can squeeze into my....

Brazilian bikini.
French maid outfit that Bill loves.

then just walk away like you said nothing unusual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, this is what a person looks like when trying to steal beach balls from Wal-Mart.
Quote Reply
Re: Need one-liners to respond to "You are so big!" pregnancy comments [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am SO using the Brazilian bikini line! Love it! Bill was going to wash the car the other day and I asked if I should put on my bikini and help and he said "NO!" a little too quickly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you really wanted to stop them in their tracks..."but you're ugly and I can lose weight"

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and start to rest up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a six-pack, it's just inside the cooler (patting the belly as you say this)...

Yeah but you should see the other guy...

Yeah, another hundred pounds and I can go on disability...

That's me, two biscuits shy of 200 hundred...

I know, it's like a car crash - you just can't look away...

You should see me when I run, it's hypnotic...

Thanks, I'm thinking "why stop here?"... I think I can crack 250 eaaaasssyyyy....

Fat is the new black

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"You are SO BIG!"

"I'm pregnant. What's your excuse?"

Duh!!! Tritoy, you beat me to it!

Last edited by: squid: Jul 24, 09 10:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you should also get a shirt that says "Do Not Touch" or something like that across the belly.

Maybe "touch at your own risk"
Quote Reply
Re: Need one-liners to respond to "You are so big!" pregnancy comments [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gender specific response "and you're so small"

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Yeah, I'm pregnant. What's your excuse for being so big?"

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Need one-liners to respond to "You are so big!" pregnancy comments [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great minds think alike ;-)

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I KNOW!!!, it's great! you and I are twins now"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 39 weeks and 6 days and STILL trying to figure out comebacks...

Conversation at 35 weeks:

Mom: OH MY GOD, you're HUUUUGE.

Dad: Are you sure you aren't having twins?????

Me: (about to hurl cans of tomatoes at them.)

Sadly the comments aren't just from strangers. A month later they had NO IDEA that what they said was hurtful!?

PS- while waiting on this baby to show up, I signed up for IMLP '10 today. It was the first thing to make me smile in weeks....
Quote Reply
Re: Need one-liners to respond to "You are so big!" pregnancy comments [MtnHeaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got that many times from people - the worst was from a friend who's wife had a baby about a year ago. He told me I was way bigger than his wife was (sorry - not a chance, she was fat to start with, but I bit my tongue...). I didn't really have a come back for him. Since I like his wife and all... But the best was the stranger on the street at 36 weeks - told me I was huge - my response was "Can you believe I still have 4 weeks to go?? I'm gonna be a whale!" Should have seen her jaw drop!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it's a woman tell her "that's exactly what I told your husband 7 months ago". that should shut them up!

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: Need one-liners to respond to "You are so big!" pregnancy comments [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ding*ding*ding! We have a winner!
Quote Reply

Prev Next