Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My bike took a ride in my car today...
Quote | Reply
And now it's skipping gears like a sonofa...
Any chance any of you can help me out on this? My "LBS" isn't very close to home, and their hours are shite - not to mention I was bringing the bike home from there (not from a tune-up or anything though). Gah.
I'm frustrated. And extremely nauseous... I don't do so well in this crazy PNW heat we get lol.

Quote | Reply
Gads, a derailer adjustment problem. I'm no bike tech though, unfortunately. I can't tell you which to adjust and how.

:-(

But the heat is awesome!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: My bike took a ride in my car today... [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a guess but you probably bent the rear derailleur hanger. If you shift the chain to the largest cog and look from the back the chain and derailleur pulleys should be in line with the cog. If it's out of line ( usually pushed to the inside) the adjustment is just to bend the tab back until it's straight. Here is a link to the Park tools website that shows this http://www.parktool.com/.../readhowto.asp?id=39
Quote Reply
Re: My bike took a ride in my car today... [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This happened to me when put my bike back together after a plane ride & LBS fixed in 2 sec. There is a little black "knob" at the end of the cable where it connects into the rear derailler. If this gets turned too far one way (can't remember which way) it causes too much slack in the chain & it will skip gears. Guy just turned the knob & it fixed the problem.
Quote Reply