Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Moving to Boulder area
Quote | Reply
Hi Ladies,
My husband and I are moving to the Boulder area and we have a 20 month old little girl. I am interested in learning about any local mom's groups and or running groups that I can join when we get there. I'd like to meet other mom's that like to run and have little kids. Any recommendations? Also, what is your take on Longmount vs. Louisville vs. Boulder for young families with small children? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Boulder area [JenBe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

So cool you are moving to boulder! I moved here two years ago and love it. There are a bunch of groups you could try that are all or mostly women, lots of them with kids. The boulder tri club is very active, rallysport heath club has a mom's club which would obviously be all mothers. There is also a group called tri-babes which is all women.Team CWW (colorado wild women) is another group that is a little more focused on beginners.

For living, Boulder is great but real estate is very expensive for what you get. I currently live in lafayette, 15 mins tops to get to boulder and love it there (right next to lousiville). I lived in longmont when I first moved here and did not like that as much, but depends on what you are looking for. I'd say louisville and lafayette are very family oriented, suburbs of boulder type places. Longmont is more conservative, right, religious etc if boulder feels too liberal/green.

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Boulder area [flyer521] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome (soon) to the area! We live in the Gunbarrel / Niwot area, it's awesome for running and riding from home. Lafayette and Louisville are also two good places but a little bit further from the foothills (something to think about if you want to ride from home and climb on your bike). There are a lot of moms that train out of Flatiron Athletic club, that would be a good place to check out, in addition to Rally Sport. The Colorado Athletic Club is new in Boulder and it's super-nice, plus it has a really nice kids-care section. I'm a new mom (3 month old). PM me if you have any questions, want more info, or anything else!
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Boulder area [flyer521] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Longmont is more conservative, right, religious etc if boulder feels too liberal/green.

There are two reasons Boulder makes the news: marijuana, and that guy who stripped at a city council meeting. I love it here, don't get me wrong, but it takes a certain personality to enjoy it. I hope you do!

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. -Enzo Ferrari
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Boulder area [JenBe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Living in Lafayette and Gunbarrel does not give you the right to say you live in Boulder, just remember that when people tell you they live in Boulder, like flyer 521 and cincy, near the end of the statement they tell you they do not, Gunbarrel, Lafayette, Longmont, Broomfield are not Boulder, ask first, they will say, oh just a little outside of town, they still are not in Boulder. Big Difference

Wish you all the best in the move, you are going to "LOVE LIVING IN BOULDER"!!
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Boulder area [HiKai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um...except that Gunbarrel is actually a neighborhood in Boulder, not a separate city.
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Boulder area [140.6chick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HiKai - what is your problem? Really? Who cares. Yes, I live in Gunbarrel and I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Boulder area [HiKai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it matter? I live in Boulder County and work for the City of Boulder. I would have no qualms with telling someone I live in Boulder and honestly no one knows where many of the other cities mentioned are. It's just easier to say Boulder since everyone has a general idea of the location.
Quote Reply