Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Motivational music suggestions to cheer friends during the race
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the stupid post title. I am looking for music suggestions to cheer my friends during the full distance tri run part. The 42 km is on 8 km loops and the back end is quite in the middle of nowhere. Some years ago we set up a cheering station there with friends just playing music from a car stereo and dancing and what not. Almost everyone stopped to thank us on the last loop and said it was very good to have someone supporting them in the middle of nowhere. So we plan to do this again this year. I do not have any music other than CDs and I really do not know anything about music so I am looking forward for suggestions to put together a good soundtrack for our cheering station. I have a nice portable speaker this year (last time we out car battery was almost dead after having the music on for hours and hours) and probably I could use Spotify from my phone. I do not have it yet but I plan to install. So if someone knows an existing playlist or just suggests music with good beat and lyrics it would be very helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: Motivational music suggestions to cheer friends during the race [Kivisisalik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Songs that are on point that I like are "the Distance" by Cake and "Break my Stride" by Matthew Wilder. I also really like the Foo Fighters and Adam Ant when I work out, no specific songs, just their rhythms.
Quote Reply
Re: Motivational music suggestions to cheer friends during the race [Kivisisalik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Eye of the Tiger" on repeat!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NOT "girls just want to have fun" - I hate that song and can't stand it when race directors play it before the female wave starts.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom Petty - I won't back down
Bruce Springsteen - born to run
theme from Rocky
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rachel Platten "Fight Song" (theme from the Women's Soccer world cup)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1VInw-SKc

this one worked for me in my first half IM so long ago...
Los Lobos, etc "La Bamba"

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd suggest just putting it on a Pandora station - there are "workout" and "pre-game" stations that are great.

Other specific songs if you're making a playlist, some of them are dumb but people love dumb songs!

Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO
Firework - Katy Perry
'Till I Collapse - Eminim
Run This Town - Jay Z
Bulletproof - La Roux
Thrift Shop - Mackelmore/Ryan Lewis
Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
#thatPOWER - will.i.am
Quote Reply