Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mother's Day book recommendations
Quote | Reply
Anything jump to mind? Old classics, new fiction, biographical, inspirational--whatcha got for me?

Mom is a late 50's vintage, not a runner/athlete type. Enjoys cooking, baking, family time, and expanding her horizons.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Mother's Day book recommendations [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My mom's 50th birthday is on Saturday and then mother's day is Sunday. I have to come up with two good presents!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good book for any day and any one

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alice Waters the Art of Simple Food or any of Molly Katzen's cookebooks that are hand written and illustrated; The Moosewood Cookbook, Still Life with Menu. Very charming. Throw in a gift card from Sur La Table and you're golden.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Annual subscription to Cooking Light, Food & Wine, Bon Appetit, Sunset (if she lives in the west) - all have great food recipes (obviously) but also great travel pieces which are always fun.

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Re: Mother's Day book recommendations [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Help --- good book. I finished that last week.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Going the Distance" by Tracey Richardson. Even if you don't like triathlon it's a really inspirational story! I'm not sure where you can purchase, but she can be contacted through her website http://www.breath4cf.co.nz/

I have absolutely no affliliation with this, just LOVE the book and have read and reread several times!
Quote Reply