Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Missed final long bike
Quote | Reply
I am 10days out from my first HIM and today I was suppose to have my last long bike. However, I ended up with a huge blow out 20 miles into it and ended up walking it untilI could be picked up. So the bike is having a spa day getting new tires and tuned up at the shop until friday afternoon. That said, should I try to get a long bike in on saturday (7days from race day) or just miss it all together. Last week I did 60bike/4 run (longest was 67/4 the week before that) and yesterday I did 30/5 run- any advice??? Have I done enough or should I get one more in?

COtrimom

Quote Reply
Re: Missed final long bike [COTrimom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just stick to what you have planned. Missing one workout won't hurt your race. Don't try to make it up. Your taper started early and you'll be nice and rested/recvered come race day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you've got enough long rides in. you'll be good to go race day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big blow out sounds like no fun at all. I've been told again and again by coaches and athletes....there is no fitness to be gained in the last 2wks to 10 days...so let your body rest, and your bike get fixed up!

Good luck, have fun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll be fine. Have fun and good luck at you HIM!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sure hope you will be fine. I missed my last long ride for IMWI last weekend. Was supposed to be 4 hours and made it about 1 -- a mix of no motivation to ride, terrible wind, and a flat that just didn't want to change were the reasons for me stopping early. I called my coach and was like "I don't wanna ride anymore". Her answer was "then don't ride". She had let to let me down (and has trained me for my first HIM, IM, 50K, and 50 miler) and gotten me to the finish line of every race I started with her so I trust her completely. If she would have thought I should ride, I would have gotten a pep talk and a slap of motivation.

Seriously, you will be fine. You did your training and 1 ride 10 days out will not matter. Don't they say you won't gain any fitness in the last 2-3 weeks before a race. IMO, the added rest will only be more beneficial come race day. Good Luck and enjoy your first HIM. It will be a blast!
Quote Reply
Re: Missed final long bike [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for the advice! I'll let it go and keep with the plan! Bike is back from its spa day and ready to go!! Thanks for calming the nerves!

COtrimom

Quote Reply