Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Melbourne Womens??
Quote | Reply
I'm a new and temporary (1 year) import to Melbourne, Australia and I'm just wondering if there are any Melbourne womens hanging around here? While '09 is suppose to be a break from serious training I am looking to find people to swim, bike, or run with. Any one out there?? I even purchased an entry level road bike today, less than 24 hours after being in the country.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Last edited by: MEL K: Jan 15, 09 5:58
Quote Reply
Re: Melbourne Womens?? [MEL K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I could ride with you but I am in Sydney. You must be cooking down there; the temperature is over 40 degrees.
I suggest to Google the local triathlon clubs. I am sure you will get to meet lots of people.

Office and Postal Address...
info@trivic.org.au
189 Gladstone Street
South Melbourne
VIC 3205

Quote Reply
Re: Melbourne Womens?? [pine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I have found a tri group in my area but I can't join quite yet. After six weeks of fun and adventure I'm now back at work and it's sucking my spare time. It should get better soon and once it does I hope to join their swim squad (and take my place at the back with the slow Canadian out of shape swimmers). I may run and ride with them a bit too but the commuting by bike for work seems to be just fine with me at the moment. I have no immediate plans for tri's while I'm here but we'll see. This is suppose to be an off year, or at least from Ironman training. I kind of like the break too!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Women performers from the Australian Performing Group and women from the Women's Movement established the Melbourne Women's Theatre Group. The Group, which rejected gender stereotypes both on and off stage, nurtured the advancement of women performers, directors, technicians, musicians, designers and writers.
Out of the Frying Pan (1974), Sister's Delight Festival (1974), She'll be Right Mate (1976) and Edges (1977) were some of the programmes produced.
The Melbourne Women's International Jazz Festival will not take place in 2008.
Last edited by: lizadeller: Apr 25, 09 1:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaa! I was going to hook you up with yourself! I forgot you changed your login name and was thinking 'I'll connect her with Karen" but it turns out you are Karen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Melbourne Womens?? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're too funny Jen. Yes, I'm still here in Melbourne for several more months. I'm just getting fat and out of shape enjoying the wonderful food and wine here and only using my bike as a mode of transportation. I did try out the swim squad at the Fitzroy Pool but I can't seem to get my sorry butt back there. It's a great out door pool but I find I'm just too cold once I've ridden home from work to go there. I'm cold and exhausted from work. I am however going to make an extra effort to try to run. There is a full and half marathon on the gold coast in July and I'll be there that weekend so hopefully I can motivate this sorry ass of mine. Once I've tackled running again hopefully the swimming will follow. But first things first I have to deal with the fact it's getting colder here now. I think it's actually warmer in Vancouver today than it is here in Melbourne. ;-(

Quote Reply