Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

May 24: Weekly How'd You Do check in
Quote | Reply
Spill!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: May 24: Weekly How'd You Do check in [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not so wonderfully here. Nutrition wasn't good at all - I only had two good days. On the upside of things, I found a couple books (Life Without Ed and a cognitive behavior therapy workbook) that I've been thumbing through, reading, and journaling responses to. :-) that's a big step for me --- that active, countering-all-the-ED-thoughts-with-healthy-ones is scary.

Run goal was 6 times. Done, exactly six and one day not running. 52 miles. Two walks (10.2 miles total).

Bike goal was four rides with one long. Nope - two rides. None long.

Swim goal was 3-4. Nope - two, for a GRAND total of 3500 yds.

This week: 6 runs, 4 rides (one 2 hrs at least), 3 swims.
My nutrition/recovery goal is going to be to write in my journal every day.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to jump in and play!

So, this week I'm shooting for:
Swim: 3
Ride: 2 medium, 1 long
Run: 2
+ 1 ride/run brick, and a half mary RACE (omg)!!

Race is really just part of the training plan, but I'd like to do a good job, because otherwise what's the point? I've been debating all week how to pace it - I would love to go under 2:00, but running is not my forte. So I'm still trying to decide if I try to run with the 9:00 pace group and risk pushing myself too hard and end up walking, or do my own thing and go over 2:00.... So the question is, do I make like the Queen and believe impossible things? :P

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: May 24: Weekly How'd You Do check in [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good quote

welcome!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sucked this past week.

3 runs, 2 rides, and the 30k hike. I missed one ride/run because I was crampy on Tuesday. Totally skipped swimming.

Food - not great. Binge no purge though I did have the urge to do so a few times.

Had a great ride Saturday though. Am really happy with that.

This week - took yesterday off with knee issue (I need to get a professional bike fit).

-3 rides
-3 runs
-2 swims ideally, 1 swim realistically
-Eat good!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stuck with most of the plan last week, except swimming. after monday night's little fart-around in the pool with tanker, i didn't go back. sleep just seemed more important before a duathlon!

this week's goals:

- come in under 2hrs for my first du, which i did yesterday (1:51:21). quite happy with the first run and the bike, less happy with having to walk a bit in the 2nd run, but it was the first really hot & humid day of the year and i was FAR from the only person walking!

- nice easy ride tonight and start working some hill repeats later this week. must get stronger with climbing before muskoka long course.

- do a metric century ride this weekend.

- get back in the pool and see if i remember how to swim. would like 4 solid swims this week.

- run easy on wednesday (hopefully nickel-sized blister on right foot is gone by then), then go for a nice long run on saturday.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I am going to try. I don't have great follow through on things like this, but I am going to put it out there and see if I can follow through. Usually I don't let people know what I want to do so I don't have to admit when I have failed. So to start right off...

mistressk... awesome that you did the race... I chickened out at the last minute... next race I will make it. There. I admitted it!! Phew. I feel better already!! :)

Training:
Get out and do something every day - follow the schedule which is 3 rides (one long), 2 runs (one long), 2 swims.
Start back with a core routine - nothing too much to start but do it three times this week

Nutrition:
Eat good food. Real food. Small amounts but often. Limit snacking to planned (both type and amount) snacks.
Keep a daily record of food eaten.

Personal:
Take 30 minutes for me every day.
Read something every day. Even the headlines will do at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals from last week:
1) Do my PT exercises 5 time per week - Got 4. My parents came to town and between them and cleaning in prep for them, I just didn't have the time.
2) Make at least 1 yoga class -- Fail. See excuse above.
3) Minimal complaining about not be able to run due a ruptured bursa in my left knee
-- Did fairly well with this.

Goals for this week:
1) Do my PT exercises 5 time per week
2) Get in 3 4-mile incline walks on the treadmill (got clearance to finally start walking for exercise on Monday)
3) don't let me family obligations this week drive me to nutty

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: I had abandoned my training plan as I was helping run an outdoor camp for troubled teens...sapped a lot of my energy but got out canoeing and went for a steep-ass 3 hour hike up a mountain! Over the weekend, my hubby and I did a 3-day bike tour through the Rockies - lots of climbing and about 110 km/day.

This week: My goal is to read the general message board here on Slowtwitch less often. I have realized that reading other peoples' "slow" training/racing times and paces make me feel like I am a waste of skin and it's bad for my head!

As far as training goes, I am trying to get back into my training plan, but the ride over the weekend threw things off a bit. I did a 6.25 mile run today, plan to do a 2 hour ride tomorrow and a 45 minute swim as well, rest on Friday, 1.5 hour ride on Saturday, and my first race of the season (a sprint tri) on Sunday followed by either a long ride or run depending on how my legs feel afterward. I am excited for my first race in four years (eek!) and hope that I do okay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got in all my scheduled runs, 36 miles. Plus a 4 hour hike with MarkyV.

Double run tomorrow plus getting a new crown and a cavity filled. That second run is going to be rough.

Total run mileage goal for this week: 45

Next week, get back into the weights! Rib still aches but doesn't interfere with range of motion so I'm going to get started again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mid-week update:

(slept from 8-11 last night, got the animals ready for bed, then went back to sleep....as it was 30C was waiting to run at 9, which didn't happen)

I am not doing any mid-week rides this week. Lately when I ride, about 5 minutes in, I get a sharp pain near my IT band. Sometimes it lessens and other times it stays sharp but isn't debilitating. I didn't use to get this and am getting a professional bike fit next Wednesday.

I don't think it's my IT band as there is no pain at all when I roll it out, and if there was something wrong with my IT band....well my experience is it hurts like mad. However, doing a 30k hike last Sunday after a long ride Saturday - we were going up and down the Niagara Escarpment near Collingwood, and through some ski resorts - about 15k in my knee started to really bother me on the downs, it definitely felt like my IT band then. I was worried I was going to slow though I absolutely destroyed the guy I was hiking with on the climbs.

Anyways, my knee was bad for a few days so I'm not going to cycle until Saturday, when I will do a long ride. No knee pain on my runs.

(Which also sucks because I have made it my personal mission to destroy one of the guys we ride with everytime we go out....I KILLED him last week, and in his Garmin Connect/Facebook update he made a comment about how he had trouble keeping up with the guys. Umm, excuse me? It wasn't just the guys you had trouble keeping up with. Anyways, I don't want him gaining cycling fitness on me while I'm not doing bike workouts. However, if I ever get my diet on track I'll gain free speed so I need to do that too)
Quote Reply
Re: May 24: Weekly How'd You Do check in [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the IT band is a long piece of tissue; do hip stretches and strength.

I am having a pretty good week. We had my grandfather's 92nd birthday party last night which meant some anxiety but I handled it well. I have journaled all but Mon. and I have therapy tonight. Doing so/so with eating - better than last week that is for sure.

Training wise I have 4 rides (rode 2x in one day) (4:30), 3 swims (6800 yd), 5 runs (46.5 mi) in. :-)

Quote Reply