Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for some help !
Quote | Reply
So I am not a huge runner, I do 5Kms 5-6 times a week which is really good for me considering I had a very traumatic ankle injury 2 summers ago involving a tear in the perenous brevis and an avulsion of the ATFL which required 10 weeks in a cam walker to heal. I have had ankle pain since the initial injury and finally had a second MRI done in March. To my surprise the MRI report is now saying " there is attenuation ( volume signal loss ) in both the perenous brevis and perenous longus indicating partial thickness tears. This is more prominent in the perenous longus where there is 50% or greater volume loss over a section 1.8cm X 2.1cm " The report does not mention if this is scar tissue or not, do I need to cut back on my running until I can get confimation ?? My family doctor has no idea whats going on at this point, I am seeing podiatrist at the end of July but if I'm doing more damage than good I dont want to be set back more than I already am. If any one has any advice that would be great ! 10kms is my goal this summer Id love to reach it
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for some help ! [runnergirl001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know anything about this, but if you don't get help here, try posting this on the main forum where more people will see it. Good luck!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you aren't sure whether you should be running, don't run until the Dr says you can. Trust me. I can no longer run because my knee is wrecked and I would love to run again. Don't risk ending your ability to run at all.

Walking and pool running are probably fine but really, I'm much more conservative than I used to be. You have to think long term, as in many years, not just this summer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you ask triathletes about an injury, they will always have an answer for you. Even if they have no idea what they are talking about. See an oprthopedic surgeon who focuses in foot and ankle. See which one in your town works with local athletes (college and professional teams). He or she will be used to dealing with very active patients who are looking to get back to running,
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for some help ! [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
If you aren't sure whether you should be running, don't run until the Dr says you can. Trust me. I can no longer run because my knee is wrecked and I would love to run again. Don't risk ending your ability to run at all.

Walking and pool running are probably fine but really, I'm much more conservative than I used to be. You have to think long term, as in many years, not just this summer.
I live in a small town in Ontario and the wait for an ortho is 18-24 months I've been waiting since March of 2015 for a simple bunion. Podiatrists in Canada can do a lot of things and I only have a month wait to see one, we'll see what happens
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2 what Jen said. I wouldn't run until seeing the podiatrist
Quote Reply