Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for Beginner Triathilon workout partner
Quote | Reply
I'm wanting to do my first Sprint Triathilon next summer for my 50th birthday. I would like to find someone to train with. I'm a runner... I do several 10Ks and half marathons throughout the year. I thinknthe swim will be the most challenging event for me. I would also love to hear any advice on training, transitioning tips, ect....
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Beginner Triathilon workout partner [Lkhorrn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to Slowtwitch! A sprint tri is a great way to celebrate your 50th. Be warned though - they are addicting!!

Where are you located? There are lots of beginner triathlon groups popping up in various cities. I know the Running Room here in Toronto has them quite often. There's also a Toronto Triathlon Club. Look for something like that in whatever city is close to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Beginner Triathilon workout partner [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dawn,
Thanks! I'm located in the Bay Area (Fremont, CA). I have been researching some the clubs here, but they aren't as local as I would like for commuting on training days. I have a couple that I plan on contacting to see if I like them... I'm excited to challenge myself with this new endeavor! Any advice is surely appreciated!

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Club Sport in Fremont has a tri training program that runs in the Spring/Summer. They are geared towards beginners of all ages and levels, and organize group workouts. I've talked to groups from their different gyms at a bunch of local races. I think you have to be a gym member, although I'm not sure of the details. It might be worth looking into.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Beginner Triathilon workout partner [katcycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great! I'm a member of 24 hour fitness and I actually workout there. Thanks for the info!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lkhorrn - If you're looking for a virtual partner, let me know. I'll be celebrating my 51st birthday this September by doing my first sprint tri. I am also a runner and usually do 3-5 half marathons every year with a few 10Ks. I did a marathon about 7 years ago and could be talked into another one, but need a serious training partner.....lots of training time for that. I'm getting so excited about the sprint tri coming up and have already been looking into an Olympic Tri in November. As someone else said, this is addicting and I've been HAD! Mentally I already know I'll go up to a half ironman, but need to get a few shorter tri events under my belt first. If you want to swap emails, we can keep tabs and encourage each other through the training. By the way, I'm in Florida.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for Beginner Triathilon workout partner [BrendaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi BrendaB,
I would love to have a virtual training partner. I'm planning to do a sprint tri next June. I turn 50 next summer. I'm also a September baby. Here is my email address so that we can communicate off this forum. Lkhorrn@gmail.com

Thanks,
Lisa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't forget to post here and keep us updated on your new journey!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lkhorrn wrote:
Hi BrendaB,
I would love to have a virtual training partner. I'm planning to do a sprint tri next June. I turn 50 next summer. I'm also a September baby. Here is my email address so that we can communicate off this forum. Lkhorrn@gmail.com

Thanks,
Lisa

Lisa - I will email you tomorrow. Looking forward to having a new workout partner! Anyone else want to join in just let me know.
Quote Reply