Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by BarryP
Re: Look for women's perspective - are middle aged men looking for one night stands a turn off to "good quality women?" [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sleeping around when single -- fine (practice makes perfect and all that . . . .)
No condom -- I find that a little creepy if it's true that he sleeps around. That would require a lot of testing and complete trust that he's not a cheater. He's also taking a lot of risks with his own health.

On finding a "good woman", chances are she won't be a one night stand. And, she'll have a job. And, she'll often come from a stable family background. And, she'll be educated.

Good women like men that are grown ups. We don't want to be their mothers. He'll have to be comfortable in his own skin. She's not there to "make him feel good about himself."
Quote Reply
Re: Look for women's perspective - are middle aged men looking for one night stands a turn off to "good quality women?" [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I'm not going to play.

Despite respecting your direct honesty here, I strongly believe this is inappropriate and belongs in the lavendar room.

However, I suspect that you will receive insightful, thoughtful responses from many others. Why?- (sorry to use your thread as a tangent but I've recently noticed-)

That's because the women's forum is awesome. We don't sit around and 'witch hunt' and pick apart blogs and insult each other with narcissistic witty responses that have no value. It doesn't matter if you have a signature that includes your 'sponsors', or your IM PR, or your coaching company, everyone is pretty much welcome here and treated kindly.

I wish the regular forum would take note and learn from this.

Carry on.
Quote Reply
Re: Look for women's perspective - are middle aged men looking for one night stands a turn off to "good quality women?" [npda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The query was looking for the female perspective and was related to a series of posts over the last few weeks in the LR. I didn't find anything wrong with Barry's question. Just my 2 cents.
Quote Reply
Re: Look for women's perspective - are middle aged men looking for one night stands a turn off to "good quality women?" [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed.
Quote Reply
Re: Look for women's perspective - are middle aged men looking for one night stands a turn off to "good quality women?" [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. I guess I'm the only one who thinks that the thread isn't appropriate. I can just choose not to read it. It's not my forum; I don't write the rules and I did not ask or suggest Barry delete it. I was merely pointing out that, despite the thread's LR-themed query, it would be met with insightful and thoughtful responses.
Quote Reply
Re: Look for women's perspective - are middle aged men looking for one night stands a turn off to "good quality women?" [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto.

No one night stand dudes for me. I would want an adult, not a 30+ year old child. I'd pass him by.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Look for women's perspective - are middle aged men looking for one night stands a turn off to "good quality women?" [npda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like he respected what you said and deleted it. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Look for women's perspective - are middle aged men looking for one night stands a turn off to "good quality women?" [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So why did you delete it? (I can still read it as mod...)

No condom...no way.

You say he attracts psycho women. There is a reason. He needs to grow up himself. You only attract what you put out to the universe.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Look for women's perspective - are middle aged men looking for one night stands a turn off to "good quality women?" [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
Ditto.

No one night stand dudes for me. I would want an adult, not a 30+ year old child. I'd pass him by.

Didn't read the OP but from the title it is a no-brainer. Agree x 3.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"On finding a "good woman", chances are she won't be a one night stand. And, she'll have a job. And, she'll often come from a stable family background. And, she'll be educated."

I couldn't agree more, but unfortunately the original post has been deleted so the question is a bit vague.

I remember when getting divorced in my early 40's and being back on the singles scene the very last thing I wanted was a one night stand. What's the point?
Quote Reply
Re: Look for women's perspective - are middle aged men looking for one night stands a turn off to "good quality women?" [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My last "single" moment was New Orleans, Mardi Gras, 1989, so I have a bit of a soft spot for one night stands. Of course, I was 21 at the time . . . :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gawds you have a good memory. I couldn't begin to remember except mid to late 80s.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By that definition, I am a "quality woman." I would view someone into one night stands as being, well, ew dirty. Diseased. And I have not even gone into the questionable values disconnect. I love sex, but not with any and everyone. I prefer meaningful sex. Sorry. Did not read OP either.
Quote Reply