Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Leadville CO 100 Mile Ultra Marathon Pacers Desired August 22
Quote | Reply
For the final 50 miles, I am allowed to have support, recommended in 10 mile increments. If anybody has this event on their bucket list, here is a chance to get a 10 mile dose of what you're up for when your time comes.

Please PM or post here if you are interested!

Now, I'm off to train!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville CO 100 Mile Ultra Marathon Pacers Desired August 22 [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck!! If I was in any semblance of shape I would help you out! I am very out of shape though! I'm starting to work out finally, so ask again as you get closer (around Aug 1 maybe) and see if I have gotten myself back into the running grove. I'm only an hour or so from Leadville so it'd be fun to help you out if I can!

You should post this on the main forum too - lots more people who may help over there!!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville CO 100 Mile Ultra Marathon Pacers Desired August 22 [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many thanks for your reply! I figure in 10 mile stints that anybody who can cover 10 miles at an almost walk speed could be a pacer.

For many people, 40 miles of jogging and 60 miles of walking gets it done, so the final 50 miles where I am allowed a pacer will be virtually all walking. Any jogging will be ridiculously slow-paced.

I'll keep posting as the time gets near. Thanks again!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville CO 100 Mile Ultra Marathon Pacers Desired August 22 [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might be able to convince my husband to help out too depending on his work schedule. He is doing the Imogene Pass Run in September and any chance for 10 miles on trails would be good for him! Definitely mention again in the beginning of August!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 about posting on the main forum. I almost never go into this forum out of respect for ladies' topics, and only saw this now. There are a lot of ultramarathoners there who might be interested.
1. Most ultramarathoner pacers who aren't a friend/close associate/teammate of a runner are usually ultramarathoners themselves, pacing either for the thrill of the run or as a scouting trip for a future attempt. These people usually would like to pace for the whole 50 miles.
2. It would be great to have a pacer who complements your personality and needs. Good pacers are a major boost. Bad pacers are an additional unnecessary burden.
Best of luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville CO 100 Mile Ultra Marathon Pacers Desired August 22 [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many thanks! I will post in the main forum next week.

In deference to the womens of Slowtwitch, I chose to post here first, knowing that there was a larger audience in th main forum.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply