Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ladies a question.
Quote | Reply
The natural progression of a relationship is to first love the man you are with and then hate him. I have no real problem with this because this is how you all do it. Like men hate is your natural position. My question is when you start hating your loved one with a passion that eclipsed the love you felt in the first place why is your number one complaint that the object you despise doesn't spend enough time with you?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies a question. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I know of the phenomena of which you speak, I think you may be asking the wrong subset of ladies. I'm guessing most Womens, when we get to that point, think two things 1) Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out (or, perhaps, I hope that door hits him on the way out), and 2) Sweet, more time for the bike.

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't answer your question but the first two sentences crack me up.

Quote | Reply
Hi Mr. Tibbs -- you may have this one all backward, because that is certainly not my number one complaint. :>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the fact that you are even asking shows how little you understand us. there is no why. there only Is.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if that's your impression of women, tibbs, it's time to go bi to open up your options.

although i can't say men are all that much better...
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies a question. [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boys are gross! They have penises and those are yucky. I barely live with my own. Also I am not too much onto dude time because I am kinda faggy and get tired of boy stuff all the time.

Quote Reply
Re: Ladies a question. [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"shows how little you understand us."

I understand nothing about y'all. Evolution has built my brain to want to be around y'all all the time and tell y'all how pretty y'all are and stuff but right when I think I got a little understanding it shows me how wrong I was. Is it because I am too good looking? I am way hot. Sexy stuff Tibbs is.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'll let you know if/when i start hating mine :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Ask slowguy. He seems to have his finger on the pulse of women.

:-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies a question. [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is exactly how I felt when I kicked my ex out the door the other month!!!!!

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not just women who change in the middle of a relationship. Many times men just stop trying. Pretend your relationship is brand new and start "woo'ing" her again. No expectation of sex, just flirting, date nights and total admiration. Do things that you normally only do when you first start dating. Try this for 30 days and see if it changes things.
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies a question. [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
Ask slowguy. He seems to have his finger on the pulse of women.

:-)

+1!

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Admitting you have a problem is half the battle.

Someone else said something about men stop trying. So do women. That's where it starts. Women perceive men stop "trying", men perceive women to "hate" them as the resentment for lack of effort grows. The "you don't spend enough time with me" = "you've quit trying to be with me." And it's always easier to blame the other than to look at our own shortcomings.

It's super cheesy sounding, but it most likely boils down to a difference in communication & priorities. Extroversion & introversion. A "typical" woman needs the reassurance & the verbal commitment & the restating of that moreso than a man. In the beginning that tends to happen frequently. As lives progress & mesh together & the routines meld together there is less "surprise" and thus less opportunity to make the little statements/efforts/gestures that were once new. In the routine lies the danger.

I'm in the EXACT opposite situation. If I say "I love you" I mean it until I say otherwise. I don't want to have to say it every five minutes. If I'm mad at you - I'll tell you I'm mad at you - otherwise I'm not mad at YOU. I may be mad, or upset, but it's not AT you or worth bothering you about. I'm introverted, I don't want to be flattered or reassured or "fluffed"....unless I specifically mention it. I'm dating someone who's an extrovert, he wants the cling/the words/the touch....as my training ramps up I hear routinely, "I want to spend more time together" or "I feel like you're avoiding me"....I'm in the same house as you - I'm not avoiding you. I'm sleeping in the same bed as you - you're with me at my most vulnerable time. Accept my priorities & work with me, the sport is what makes me who I am, why I am and is part of what attracted you in the first place.....

The "wanting more" but pushing away is just a blame game of insecurity. People either have to work together & give each other space to be (knowing they'll come back) or let them go completely because you pushed them away.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies a question. [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right on. My bike is getting much better lately :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twitter | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have read what y'all have wrote and talked with some yous on the PM. I am making a good solid effort to be a better dude. You ladies are awesome and have helped a lot.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr. Tibbs wrote:
The natural progression of a relationship is to first love the man you are with and then hate him. I have no real problem with this because this is how you all do it. Like men hate is your natural position. My question is when you start hating your loved one with a passion that eclipsed the love you felt in the first place why is your number one complaint that the object you despise doesn't spend enough time with you?

Haha! This post says it all! I read this twice to my wife and she is howling. Reminds me of the joke, "Instead of dating, why don't I just find a woman I hate and buy her a house."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr. Tibbs wrote:
Boys are gross! They have penises and those are yucky. I barely live with my own. Also I am not too much onto dude time because I am kinda faggy and get tired of boy stuff all the time.

Haha! Wife and I are on the floor laughing!! Thank you Tibbsy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Tibbs!

Since Gurudriver10 bumped the thread, want to give us an update? Sometimes the Christmas season isn't the best time to check in on relationship warm-fuuzziness, but...

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr. Tibbs wrote:

Hmmm...well, hate is a little strong, but when I started "disliking" many things about my spouse, he actually tried, sex became great, and "yes" that is a good reason to want to be by him
Quote Reply