Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

June 28 Weekly Check-in
Quote | Reply
How did you do?

I met my run goal - 6 runs, 40 miles.
I met my cycling goal - 4 days of riding, 6:09. One day of work commuting and another day, in which I was not working, I rode with a friend while SHE work commuted, if that counts for anything.
I swam twice (one OW) for ten minutes apiece, goal not met there.

nutrition - had four good days.

Goals for this coming week:
5 hours of riding
40 miles running
3 swims

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: June 28 Weekly Check-in [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:

getting done early & getting sleep: eeh, i got a bit more than usual. not much.
had already done 2 of my goals (crosswind riding with deep front & disc, shoe break-in. the shoes were awesome for the race)
everything was duly packed up on thursday, we set out pretty quickly on friday (despite having to stop for gas & more sunblock, the latter of which we didn't end up needing), and we got camp set up fairly quickly on friday evening. i managed about 5.5hrs of sleep friday night after my little quickie run, so that was ok.

saturday's race went pretty well - i was a little more than 5mins faster than the sprint i did last september, despite the run for this one being 7.5k instead of only 7. posted my best swim and bike times yet, but wish i could have got my legs working for me better on the bike - i had more in me than that, but couldn't seem to find it. was 2sec/km slower on the run than last year, but i figure that's decently close considering my run training was MUCH more advanced at the time of last year's sprint. overall, i'll call it a win, though my placing was pretty awful. some fast girls came out!

this week:

- 4 swims
- 4 cycle workouts
- 3 runs (easy tonight, quality wednesday, long on saturday)
- 2 core workouts

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Boo hiss for me. My half marathon just didn't go as planned. Apparently I lack the mental fortitude to get my goal, and the middle 15k+ was on heavily cambered roads so my legs are just thrashed. That's three non-successful half marathons in a row and I'm so due for a good running race....

This week: rest, go easy on legs, maybe swim. Think about what I need to change, if anything. Sprint tri on Sunday, just go have fun.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boo Hiss for me too. :( It was hot this week, I was tired and grumpy, didn't make my goals and started a fight with my hubby on a long ride. And holy cow, ramping up to IM training from a half is a HUGE jump compared to going from Oly to HIM!!
But today starts a new week, right? And I'm going to rock it. Just watch. :P

Last week's goals:
Workouts: Skipped the OWS, missed 2 short and 1 medium run.
Other: 1) Figure out my swim stroke - Woo hooo!! At least I got one thing down. Am now swimming 1:40-1:45min/yd fairly consistently, down from 2:00. Hooray for technique correction. 2) Run more!! Actually follow the plan and do my intervals/hills/etc!
- Ran less than usual, so much for consistency and frequency. On the bright side though, I did a pretty hilly 8 mi run and a 13 mi run and rocked them both.

This week's goals:
Workouts: Swim: 2 pool + 1 OW. Bike: 3 medium, 1 long. Run: 3 easy, 2 medium, 1 long.
Other: 1) Stop being a grumpy bitch and go back to enjoying training! 2) Run.

Nice work on those goals you DID meet this week ladies. Glass half full, right?

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: June 28 Weekly Check-in [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KQ'd and podium, so fantastic week.

Until the boys started talking about how a rolldown might not count.

Hmph.
Quote Reply
Re: June 28 Weekly Check-in [triFP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Psh, tell the boys they're full of it -- you rock! Congrats!! (See you there)

http://konabound.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm rocking the running. 215 miles for the month of June!

Eating is going very well. Only one day have I blown it, otherwise really good. I feel like I'm losing body fat. Jeans are fitting better. Woot woot!

This month, 230 miles perhaps?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply