Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jogging stroller
Quote | Reply
I am looking for a jogging stoller that is easy(easier) to push for longer runs. A single jogger for now! ;) I have heard the BOB is a good one, but a little pricey. Any other suggestions??

Much appreciated!!
Thanks,
Amy
Quote Reply
Re: Jogging stroller [amully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my Bob Ironman stroller. I felt like a dork with the "Ironman" label, but it's the lightest of all Bob strollers so that's what I went with.

REI has a big sale on strollers in the summer and it might be around now. I'd check there. Ours was 30% (if I remember correctly).
Quote Reply
Re: Jogging stroller [Cincy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much!! Good to know about the "Ironman" one being the lightest! :) My Dad is an Ironman...that counts, right!? ;-)

Thanks Again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For sure it counts ;-)

Regardless of which one you get, put some slime in the tires, that way you hopefully won't have to deal with getting any flats. I learned that the hard way. Woops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

we had a trek dash pro and used it for 5 years, putting 10,000 miles on it! we logged runs up to 3:30 hours with no problem, in all seasons. our daughter loved it so much, and it had plenty of room for stuff-our and hers:). it is aluminum and pretty light. 20 inch wheels allowed us to go off-road. maneuvered well. we used it as our main stroller. it is pricey, but i felt it was worth every penny.we tried a bob and found it to be no contest to get the trek. if you like to log lots of miles and plan on involving your little one, i highly recommend the trek dash pro. good luck and congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We love our Chariot cougar. We've had both the single and the double. Easy to run and bike with. A bit pricey but sturdy and comfortable for the kids. If you are going for the double, they are *just* narrow enough to fit through most doorways.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've used the chariot stroller, the middle of the line model. It's excellent and multi-purpose, but its not cheap.

But what really helps is to use this with it for running (I have no connection to the company, we've just used the device a lot, and with good success).

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Jogging stroller [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all for your replies!! Every bit helps :)
We ended up buying a used Ironman Bob and so far we are happy!!

I am sure as the months pass-i will have more questions... hehe! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We just bought a used Chariot CX used and got a great deal on this barely used one.
Quote Reply
Re: Jogging stroller [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have an old Kool Stop double...not sure if they offer a current model or not but it's definitely faster than the single BOB we used before we had a second kid (lighter, rolls better IMO). My friend raced it in a couple of road races with his two and went 17:40s for a 5K pushing 100#+ (he's fast). There are some no so great things about it (width is tough in grocery store, brake doesn't work well, the hub bearings had to be replaced by Kool Stop a few years back, its a bear to fold) but I'd probably get another over the BOB myself. We tried and liked the chariot but a new one was just out of the question after we bought a Phil and Ted's for going "out on the town" and already had a new burley. I've run with the Burley as well and I wouldn't recommend it except very occasionally...I kept stubbing my foot on the brake even shortening my stride quite a bit.

It still seems ridiculous that we have four kid-conveying devices (Kool Stop, Burley, P&T and a small MacLaren) but I guess its only going to get worse from here on in as far as stuff goes.
Quote Reply
Re: Jogging stroller [Insidious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the BOB Revolution SE?? How does it compare to the Ironman version??
Quote Reply
Re: Jogging stroller [weedris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the biggest difference is the rotating front wheel (Revolution) vs. fixed front wheel (IM). We went with the revolution and haven't had any problems with runs but our distance (longest has been about 2.5hrs) and pace (fastest @~8:30/mile) may not be up to what you are looking for. We use our BOB for traveling as well since it is easy to hike with on pretty much any terrain and is a smooth ride for the little one on cobblestones, gravel or regular concrete.
Quote Reply
Re: Jogging stroller [Josh_CO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually that is super helpful info. The swivel wheel seems to make sense but I wanted to make sure it was still a good stroller to run with.
Thank you!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have a revolution and prefer to run with that rather than the fixed wheel chariot. It is a great buy, especially if you also are planning to use the revolution as a regular stroller in addition to running. It is nice and maneuverable and more stable than our umbrella stroller so despite our 4 strollers I tend to take the revolution for running errands downtown.
Quote Reply
Re: Jogging stroller [Ziva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What age do they recommend the strollers for, I'm guessing not younger than 6 months?? Its still a bigger and more $$ option and I'm trying to justify th cost :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We ran with both of mine with the carseat at around 2 months, but they were both holding their heads up at that point and we 90% of time did laps around the track to minimize jarring. If you are looking to run early with the kids, the chariot might be a better option with the infant sling. That thing is awesome. We have it in our double chariot, my son is still in it at 7months, and loves it. The sling really puts the baby in a good position for their neck and spine.
But yes, I think the manufacturers recommendation is something like 6 months.
Quote Reply
Re: Jogging stroller [Ziva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i agree, revolution is the way to go!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Schwinn for free runner might suit you. It's a jogging stroller with a very affordable price. But I don't know, heard the stock is unavailable. You might need to check it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
weedris wrote:
Has anyone tried the BOB Revolution SE?? How does it compare to the Ironman version??

For further details on features and reviews about Bob Revolution SE, you might click on: http://jogging-stroller-reviews.net/...se-stroller-reviews/
Quote Reply
Re: Jogging stroller [Lestorke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lestorke wrote:
I think Schwinn for free runner might suit you. It's a jogging stroller with a very affordable price. But I don't know, heard the stock is unavailable. You might need to check it.

Here's the link to Schwinn Free Runner: http://jogging-stroller-reviews.net/...free-runner-reviews/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's been a few years now, but I loved my Bob Ironman stroller.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my chariot. Had the single, but now onto the double. One in the sling and the other in the seat. Look on craigslist or kijiji for them Especially after summer, there might be more.

:)
Quote Reply