Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jan 3 - How'd you do?
Quote | Reply
My goals for last week
  • Run 5 times (ran 6 times for 38 miles)
  • Swim 4 times (swam 2x for 5600 yds)
  • Lift 3 times (yes, but had a cold so some of them were short workouts)
  • Finish thesis data compiling (made a good dent in it - just a little left)

On another positive, this will be day 5 with no eating disordered "behaviors" (I hate that word but don't know how else to explain it)! This is the longest I've lasted in awhile without "engaging in disordered behaviors." (another hated phrase)
For the coming week
  • Run 5x (2 done already)
  • Swim 4x (1 done already)
  • Lift 3x
  • Finish the thesis data compiling today; finish categorizing it all and/or do the statistics on it for the end of the week
  • Get teaching stuff ready for classes starting Monday!
I think this afternoon I'm going shopping for some new outfits for the semester. I very rarely buy clothes (I generally hate shopping) but feel excited about it today and need some new stuff.

have a good week, ladies!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Jan 3, 11 6:05
Quote Reply
Re: Jan 3 - How'd you do? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work with those "behaviors"! :D Definitely calls for some celebration. What do you think is different that you are doing so well?

I haven't been on in awhile, but I did have goals last week, even if I didn't post them. They were:

Run 6x - did 6! :)
Core strength (abs, hips, glutes, etc) 6x - did 4
Yoga 1x - did 1
Plyo 1x - fail
Also, I did not gain one single pound over the holidays; in fact, I lost one!! Wooohooo me! :)

This week:
Run x6
Core x6
Swim x4 (the pool is finally open again. time to make up some ground, er I mean water?)
Plyo x1

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:
Enjoy time with the family => DONE
Run 4x, hit the 300k in Dec goal => SOOOOOO close, ended up at 285k. Still very happy with this!
Swim 1x=> FAIL due to #1 above ;-)
But I did get in an awesome MTN bike ride and a trainer ride, so that was a bonus...

This week: Build 1 - bike focus
Run 4X (2 ez, 1 intervals, 1 hills)
Swim 2X (1 intervals + drills; 1 steady)
Ride 4X (to+from work twice; 1 trainer; 1 mtn bike or lsd ride)
Limit carb consumption esp. alcohol, juices, fruits (high GI stuff)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last Week:
Sun - MISSED LONG RIDE
Mon - Bike and Lift (Done)
Tue - Run and Swim (Done)
Wed - Bike and Life (Bad Migraine had to skip all workouts... but I just moved down a day)
Thur - Run and Swim (Bike and Lift)
Fri - Long Bike?? (Might b out of town.. Not really sure whats going on) - I was home and got in a swim and run along with a 30 min lift!! I did awesome.. so proud
Sat - Short Run?? (Once again not sure what day I'm going out of town..) - Short Trainer Ride before I headed out of town.. Once again I'm proud of myself for getting it down before we headed out of town.. Plus I took the puppy on a quick 10 min walk/run... Man she is excited to start running.. She made me run all the way home and it was freezing plus i didn't have running shoes on.. More like flats but I made it work and she loved every min of it.. CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING

THIS WEEK: Suppose to be a light week for training bc the training plan is hitting it hard next week so I'm actually trying to follow the plan more with going easier on my distances so I can hit it hard next week...
Sun - Day off!!
Mon - Run and Swim
Tue - Bike and Lift
Wed - Run and Swim
Thur - Bike and Lift
Fri or Sat - Run and Swim...
Quote Reply
Re: Jan 3 - How'd you do? [tayjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What type of puppy? If it's a golden puppy, I'm going to be sooo jealous!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is a 5 month old female Weimeraner named Helena.

She took over the running position for my absolutely beloved first weim named Rhine... He was 3.5 when he got hit by some a$$hole who jumped a curb and hit him.. I've finally figured out how to post pictures... So now everyone can see my beloved Rhine... May my handsome boy rest in peace and run in the fields of heaven.. I'll meet him at the rainbow bridge one day..

Quote Reply
Re: Jan 3 - How'd you do? [tayjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals: 7 runs (1 double day)--done, 8 runs, 3 trainer rides--only 2 rides, pilates x3, only 1 class, core x3, only 2 x. Head cold has put a damper on things.
This week: Run 7x, 3 bike rides, pilates x3, core x3, and if my shoulder holds up, 3 very short swims.

It's all harder with this darn head cold. Worst part is that I haven't had a solid night's sleep in over a week now, and that is starting to take it's toll.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Jan 3 - How'd you do? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have the same head cold I had, it totally sucks! Zapped my energy.

I like the Vick's 44 meds ... special based on your symptoms. Not a guarantee of a good night's sleep, but they kept me somewhat OK during the day. Hope you feel better in short order.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week did three mils runs 5 days in a row.

This week:
Sun: Ran 3 miles
Mon: Swam 1 mile
Tue: Swam 1 mile
Wed: To run 3 miles
Thurs: Getting lasix eye surgery to get rid of my glasses, so no exercising for 1-2 weeks afterwards. Finally, can see where I am going/swimming!

Quote Reply
Re: Jan 3 - How'd you do? [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck with your surgery.

Quote Reply
Re: Jan 3 - How'd you do? [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nice work with those "behaviors"! :D Definitely calls for some celebration. What do you think is different that you are doing so well?

Writing.

Journaling is very, very helpful for me. It's like purging... you get all the bad stuff out. Today will be day 7!

I still really hate therapy speak. "Behaviors." "Engaging in symptoms." "Exploring feelings. Healthy weight. Underweight. Reframing. etc.
there is probably some deep reason I hate all those words but I'm not up to "digging" into that one right now.

Last edited by: tigerchik: Jan 5, 11 3:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 2 runs (wed & sun?) - WIN
- 1 bike - FAIL
- 1 core/strength - WIN

this week's goals:
- 3 runs
- 2 bike
- 2 core/strength
- 1 swim
- try not to get sick, despite every single person in my office coming in to work with nasty colds, some of which have lasted 3 weeks or more.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week was mostly a write-off thanks to being sick....my partner's evil sickness caught up with me after weeks of resisting!

Predicated upon my breathing ability (not sick anymore really though I'm still stuffed up/coughing; am hoping I can run tonight):
-4 runs
-1 hike
-1 bike

Other goals for this week:
-continue with good eating! Off of the med causing the worst of weight gain is helping this greatly, but I need to put the work in too
-actually work on partner's sweater (knitting it)
-figure out 2.5 day winter backpacking trip in a few weeks with my friend (birthday backpack!)
-start to clean out gear closet (again)
Quote Reply
Re: Jan 3 - How'd you do? [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I owe you an email. Glad you're doing pretty well.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries....glad you're doing well too :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got back from 3 weeks in frozen California and jan 3 we were traveling.

I ate with abandon in the US - we always, each and every one of us (except the 9yo) come back from the US FAT. :) I ran twice over the last 3 weeks and biked 2 or 3 times - it was COLD!

So goals for this next week are to get back in the water (and hope for no nortes) at least 3 times, bike at least 3 times and run every day (10/20/30) and hope we don't get too sick with "airplane flu".

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply