Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Interest in the Weekly How'd You Do threads?
Quote | Reply
Do the Womens have interest in starting this again? I found it really helpful (and it's a cool way to keep track of who is racing and stuff).

For any newcomers: it's a weekly check-in thread in which you make goals (can be tri related, nutrition related, etc) and then on Mondays we see how you did for the week and make new goals.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Interest in the Weekly How'd You Do threads? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be interested!
Quote Reply
Re: Interest in the Weekly How'd You Do threads? [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear it!

I am going to make my goals for the week:

Training goals:
6 runs
4 rides (one of them 2:30 with intensity)
3-4 swims (did one today, can swim before work tomorrow, so that's 2)

Nutrition goals:
A. No bingeing. I have been struggling horribly with this. Ways I can help myself: journal, call a friend, and...
B. Two weeks of no sugar. This has helped in the past as sugary stuff tends to be what I binge on. Flavored yogurt is ok, it's desserts we're avoiding.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My goals:

-stopping binging! Bad day today, will have a healthy dinner tonight. I must get lighter to make hills easier :) Back on track with not purging
-5 runs 5-7k long (I just started running again after a few months off - I wanted my hip to totally heal) - 2 of the runs bricks
-2 swims
-1 hike (30k) (am leading for outdoor club I volunteer for) (Sunday)
-3 rides (bad week for it scheduling-wise) including a 3-4 hr ride (will have to decide) Saturday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm in, though this is sort of a lame week for goals as i'm tapering for my first duathlon on monday the 24th..

- short runs tues-thurs-sat. one of these must include some hill work, though i know i can't build any more fitness; just need to be able to put in some surges come race day, 'cause there's lots of vertical.

- keep swims short to get home from the pool as early as possible

- do NOT trash my legs on any bike rides. this will mean either riding inside or relegating myself to the small ring to get away from my usual "you must be going as fast as possible every single second" mentality. some short, lively intervals are ok, but hammerfests and slogging big hills are not!

- don't putz around on the computer late at night. log training, then GTFO and get some sleep!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I am in a "rest/recovery" week so my goals may seem lame:
1) Do my PT exercises 5 time per week
2) Make at least 1 yoga class
3) Minimal complaining about not be able to run due a ruptured bursa in my left knee
Quote Reply
Re: Interest in the Weekly How'd You Do threads? [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about the injury. What type of PT exercises do they have you doing?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the well wishes.

In a 30 mile trail run at the end of March, I managed to rupture my lateral bursa. The best my dr and exercise physiologist can come up with it is that a mixture of the course (multi loops in the same direction causing my left foot to hit at an angle), my already exaggerated pronation in my left foot, and weak stabilizers lead to the injury. They are almost 100% sure that I would have ran the course in the other direction my right leg could have handled it. In addition to the ruptured bursa the MRI shows some minor inflammation of the IT band - not sure it it was the cause or cause by the rupture as I still managed to run (sort of) for a month after I ruptured the bursa.

I have seen the exercise physiologist twice so far (with 2 more appts scheduled) so I am just beginning to get a start on a good sound plan for me. So far I am pretty much working on the basic IT band rehab stuff- hip stretches and exercises things like the pendulum and band walking. I also have some basic core stuff - side planks and some other ab thing whose name escapes me at the moment.

I also have a super tight solius (and limited dorsi flexibility) in my left leg that I stretch too! The things you learn from having an exercise physiologist break you down.

I think I have 2-3 more weeks of no running but I get to try incline walking on the treadmill later this week as long as I have no pain. I am still running and swimming regularly though so I am somehow managing to stay sane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in! New comer here...

Just found out I am 7 weeks pregnant so this week my goals are to:

Eat healthy
Workout for 30 min a day (swimming tonight, off tomorrow, casual ride Thursday, and run Friday) -- not sure what the weekend will bring
Try not to freak out our soon to be baby has some horrible disease or disfiguration.
Become a camel and drink more water
Buy a better sports bra to try to contain the girls (OMG it is outta control--hubby is happy...)
Try not to plan a 2011 race schedule (hardest)

Heather Sweet
http://thesweetsadventure.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Interest in the Weekly How'd You Do threads? [hj-rockstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
welcome and congrats on being preggo!

Quote Reply
Re: Interest in the Weekly How'd You Do threads? [hj-rockstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats! That's very exciting :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would like to join in too! Great idea. For the rest of the week (4 days) my goals are:
- journal my food (I usually do this pretty well every day, I am going to OA to help with my ED - its been great - 79 days and counting, no bingeing, purgeing, 'offlimits' foods etc)
- 3 runs - one long, one track and one easy
- 1 swim, 2 vasa trainer workouts
- 2 bike rides (one long)

Today I saw a co-worker, she is my age (39) and just had a mastectomy and chemo, is totally bald and sick as can be. My heart went out to her and it sure made me thankful that I can do triathlons and am healthy!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in! I like hearing about what others do for training, it's so inspiring. This week, I have been out at a wilderness camp for some teenage clients, so I have spent the majority of the week doing activities with them (a 3 hour hike up a steep steep mountain, canoeing, etc.). This weekend is the May long weekend in BC so I am doing the Golden Triangle ride (bike ride through the Rockies beginning and ending at Castle Mountain near Banff, AB) so my main goal is to survive the three 110 km days climbing through the mountains (I am a horrible climber). If I survive the weekend, I'll check in again next week!
Quote Reply