Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I want a new tri bike
Quote | Reply
Any suggestions? I've been riding my QR Tequilo, aluminum, for the past 8 years now. I think it's time to get a new one. I'm thinking of trying a carbon frame. Any suggestions? I have 650 wheels right now, but hope to go to 700's, I'm 5'4". I have a lot of ideas, but I thought I'd ask you all too to narrow it all down. In my initial research I'm not worried about price, just fit. But eventually I'll have to come back to reality to be able to afford it. My first thought is to try a Kuota. Any other ideas. Thanks for the input! --Sally (been reading for a while, just not really posting)
Quote Reply
Re: I want a new tri bike [kprsal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any suggestions? I've been riding my QR Tequilo, aluminum, for the past 8 years now. I think it's time to get a new one. I'm thinking of trying a carbon frame. Any suggestions? I have 650 wheels right now, but hope to go to 700's, I'm 5'4". I have a lot of ideas, but I thought I'd ask you all too to narrow it all down. In my initial research I'm not worried about price, just fit. But eventually I'll have to come back to reality to be able to afford it. My first thought is to try a Kuota. Any other ideas. Thanks for the input! --Sally (been reading for a while, just not really posting)

I think you have to re-evaluate your statements above. At 5'4" you are unlikely to be happy with a tri-bike 50cm or bigger (I am 5'4" and ride a 48 and think it is a smidge on the big side). 650 wheels are made for shorties like us. Embrace it. Plus you can get screaming deals on race wheels.

:-)

Jodi

Quote Reply
Re: I want a new tri bike [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! That's why I put this out there, to lead me to the right direction:) Ok, so 650's are ok, I didn't think many were being built anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm riding a 51 P2C (so 700's) and I'm just under 5'5". I don't have a problem with the size at all. Really an individual thing. (I stood beside a 48 with 650's and it looked like a fake bike lol)

Quote | Reply
If I had the option to stay on 650s, I totally would. My bike is roughly the same age as yours (Trek Hilo)...and one of the main reasons I'm not shopping for a new bike is I don't want to leave behind my 650s. Sadly, I ride a 54, so there really aren't any options for me.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Felt B2. I'm a little taller than you are, but still ride the 650s. I like the handling much better than my 700s. Although I do most of my training on my 700s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'4'' and I have a 700c wheels. I absolutely LOVE this bike. Its way more bike than I deserve, but I love it, love it, love it. Its the most comfortable tribike I've ever ridden, maybe it just fits best. I didn't want 650 wheels, because my road bike is 700, and I didn't want 2 different ones, plus I just think 700 is faster. I know there are all kinds of different physics arguments for 650 versus 700, they each have their pluses and minuses. I like the 700.
Quote Reply
Re: I want a new tri bike [cstine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't help with the wheel issue (I'm 5'8"), but I can tell you how much I love my Guru Crono!

It's custom fit so I know it fits me perfectly.

Plus I got to pick out the color scheme!!! Grey base with purple accent.

My .02

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: I want a new tri bike [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgot to say in my post just before yours, mine is guru Crono too! I thought I typed it, just noticed I didn't.

Like you I love mine, so comfortable. (light blue/white paint scheme)
Quote Reply
Re: I want a new tri bike [cstine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want a new tri bike too!! Mine's a QR Tequilo from 2001. The only thing left stock on it is the frame and fork. So I'd really just be looking for a new frame and fork...we updated all my parts this year to dura-ace 10 speed.

I have a trek road bike with 700s and I love it. Love it love it love it.

I'm looking at the cervelo P3C, on which I'd clearly be on a 48 with 650s... so I wouldn't have to get new race wheels... but I love the looks of the specialized transition... which my husband has ridden and all he can talk about is how FAST it is...
My husband will have to crunch some more numbers, he says.... oh, he's F.I.S.T. certified, been doing bike fits for like 15 years, that's how we met.
I have a sneaky feeling I won't be able to get low enough on the transition, speaking of seat post.
Oh well!
I would love to get a custom paint job if I end up with the cervelo... but dang that's some dough!
Quote Reply