Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I scheduled my thesis defense date today!!!!
Quote | Reply
April 9... I'm so excited. It's an undergraduate exercise science thesis, so I will graduate with some level of Honors (depends on how the defense goes ;-)

It felt so cool to pick a date!!! This afternoon I had a committee meeting and presented what I've done for the semester (was like a final exam only worse as far as nerves went). The meeting went flawlessly, my committee members and advisors are quite happy with the work I've done, now it pretty much just needs to be polished up (bigger project than it sounds)... and defended!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: I scheduled my thesis defense date today!!!! [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats! The thought of doing that much schoolwork gives me the willies, but it's nice to hear you're doing so well, TC!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YAY! Hope everything goes well with the polish up. Can't wait to read it :)

Quote | Reply
"That much schoolwork..."

It was very overwhelming when I started but it's like everything else, set aside time to do it. I try to work on it every day and make it a habit. Some days I schedule for long days to get a whole bunch of stuff done. Other days I've gotten an idea and written 10 pages or so like THAT. Is annoying when I get working on it like that then something like class sucks me away from it.

The polishing it will be more work than the writing part of it. Easy to research and write, harder to perfect it and work on the tiniest details.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: I scheduled my thesis defense date today!!!! [D!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"can't wait to read it"

LOL, you can read it if you like but I'd have to mail you a copy, might be too long to post ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a somewhat related note, how is physics going? My final was last night and I'm pretty damn sure that I rocked the final again and got my A.

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck!

Aahhh undergrad... many many great memories!!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: I scheduled my thesis defense date today!!!! [erichollins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My final is Tuesday.

It's going OK. I will need to do pretty well on the final to get an A though. Which is to say it'll be a stressful weekend of studying, as I am working on M and T (exam is 5:30 pm Tuesday evening).

wanna come take it for me ;-)

Last edited by: tigerchik: Dec 11, 08 14:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations TC! You know it's been so much fun to follow you through school. I remember when you were a freshman. Good Luck on this project. I look forward to hearing about it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay!!!! I'm sure you will kick butt :-)

I defend my qualifying exam tomorrow at 2 PM ...I have been a nervous wreck since Tuesday.

Good luck on the rest of your finals!!!
Quote Reply
Re: I scheduled my thesis defense date today!!!! [Leloo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck!!
Quote Reply
Re: I scheduled my thesis defense date today!!!! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GOOD LUCK!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gooo, Leloo! let me know how it goes.

what are you wearing? I had to get all dressed up today, tripped wearing heels for the first time in forever, and brown dress pants and a black sweater, LOL.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol ...I am wearing black dress slacks, a pink v-neck sweater, and black pumps with 3 inch heels. My mom said the outfit looked very professional, yet still feminine :-P

I just hope I don't fall on my face. I have a thing for cute heels ...I just wish I wore them enough to actually be able to walk in them...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least your heels touch the ground(unlike bikeshoes)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey, thinking of you!!!! have fun :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final verdict: conditional pass ...I am over the moon :-)

They want me to do a little more writing and figure out a thing or two about biostats before I 'officially' pass, but that is about as good as it gets for the microbio department here :-D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exciting news!

Good luck on your finals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! I am sure it is a big relief. I have my defense on Monday to earn my doctorate in Physical Therapy. I can't wait to be finished. After that I have the Federal Board exam and then I can practice.
Quote Reply
Re: I scheduled my thesis defense date today!!!! [Pickles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking into PT schools for next year. Where are you at school? What's your undergrad degree in?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am at Bellarmine University in Louisville, KY. My undergrad is in Accounting. I know it is not the traditional undergrad route but I wanted a business background. Let me know if you have questions about the program here or PT school/career in general. I would be happy to answer any questions.
Quote Reply
Re: I scheduled my thesis defense date today!!!! [Pickles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
neat!

I will have an undergrad in kinesiology, PT is a natural extension of it. I'm looking at the University of New England, I want to stay in Maine.

Might send ya some questions later!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
reviewing the contents of your thesis with your committee a few months out from the defense is a wise move; I've seen a few Ph.D. dissertation defenses that were very rude awakenings for the candidate that simply assumed their advisor and committee were OK with their work despite their being in the dark about the contents. It will still likely be a stressful event for you (these things usually are), but if your committee voiced no major objections now then all you have to do is take their comments and suggestions from your presentation seriously, make no major mistakes during the defense, and you'll pass. With proper preparation the defense is usually something of an anticlimax.

Chris (Ph.D. 1982)
Quote Reply