Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I don't have the body of a model...and? [brikins13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please, please stay a hippie jungle man.

signed,
a chick who prefers dudes with leg hair (NO BACK HAIR THOUGH)

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: I don't have the body of a model...and? [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting...
what about chest? arms? pits?
I'm too lazy to maintain shaving everything. Its alot of surface area. Face and head are one thing, but everything else? too lazy. too much maintenance.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't have the body of a model...and? [mts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Absolutely! Why do you think so many guys look for any excuse to shave them?

so many guys? I thought it was just male triathletes + swimmers + cyclists.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: I don't have the body of a model...and? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

so many guys? I thought it was just male triathletes + swimmers + cyclists.[/reply] I meant within this realm. Realistically, only the pros and top amateurs really need to do it. The rest do it for [insert reason here].
Quote Reply
Re: I don't have the body of a model...and? [mts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shaved legs = nice :-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't have the body of a model...and? [brikins13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
interesting...
what about chest? arms? pits?
I'm too lazy to maintain shaving everything. Its alot of surface area. Face and head are one thing, but everything else? too lazy. too much maintenance.

If you are a dude, and you're wearing a sweater on your back...get rid of it. if your beard meets your eyebrows, clear a space betwixt them. But leave the legs, and arms, and pits, and... whatnot, alone.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
shaved legs = nice :-)

Agreed!!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: I don't have the body of a model...and? [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+2 on the shaved legs... add arms and chest to that and we've got ourselves a winner...

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that sounds like a completely reasonable request.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with you there?

There is no justice, there is only me. -- Death
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You ladies have been making me laugh...I'm short by your standards at right around 5'6", but most likely weigh close to or more than you (high wind advisory, I'm good thanks!)...you think you look like a tornado farmhouse...sheesh....I've got NO torso and thick legs...weigh a 10 and am a solid athlete...my doc can't figure me out. (Though she's pretty sure if I quit eating, my body wouldn't really change much anyway...)

Anyway, I'm still short by your standards, but the boyfriends family are all huge....him @ 6'8", bro @ 6'6" and Dad somewhere right around that..Mom @ 6' and sis around 5'10...I feel ridiculous when I use the bathroom at their house - my feet almost dangle and I practically have to jump to get to the sink! And the guys are all furry, furry creatures. I like my guys to have more hair than me on their body - but I'm all for the grooming. NO wildebeasts allowed!

Maybe I get the best of both worlds? HA....

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Alright, another question for the guys. I have always wondered, do runner/triathlete guys care about how their legs look?

Absolutely. Since I discovered the "aero" benefits of shaving they look that much better ;)

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course men care about how they look. We just have a different sense of reality:

:)

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: I don't have the body of a model...and? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Over there, it is all about how to starve yourself into losing those last 3 lbs and getting down to 5% body fat. It really is unhealthy and scary.
"They" also talk about how they put out 400W for an hour. Don't believe a lot of what you read on an Internet forum. A quick examination at any triathlon will demonstrate how most male triathletes aren't close to 5% body fat. I give you permission to do lots of research at your next race.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: I don't have the body of a model...and? [Just Old] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I was looking at Outside magazine the other day, which I would say is more geared toward men than women --- noticed how much if it has IMAGE as a focus, ads and articles.

And oh, I immediately looked at the pic of the guy on the front of the bodywork section and thought he'd look so much hotter if his legs were shaved ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: I don't have the body of a model...and? [Just Old] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"They" also talk about how they put out 400W for an hour. Don't believe a lot of what you read on an Internet forum. A quick examination at any triathlon will demonstrate how most male triathletes aren't close to 5% body fat. I give you permission to do lots of research at your next race.[/quote]
most male triathletes aren't close to 10% body fat. most people can't imagine what 5% means. it does not mean 'thin', or 'ripped' - for most it would mean 'ematiated' (see pic of rasmussen at the TDF medical check).

at 5'11" and 150, I am a very thin guy. i don't carry a lot of fat, but i would be suprised to find that i was under 10%. it's just not realistic for most.

FWIW, i have access to skinfold, BIA, and underwater weighing equipment, and the know-how to use it. I've tested myself, and many others, quite a lot.

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really bored at substitute teaching, so I'm going to have a go at this. Yes, we think about such things. I have certainly noted the new "swim muscles" that are popping out from daily workouts and still bemoan the fact that my chest bone structure is weird and one side is sort of concave. My wife loves to tease me about it.

I figure as I get older, I'm going to look better and better in comparison with my peers, so triathlon is actually very good for my self-image. No one really wants to see me without a shirt, and my arms are not going to make any women swoon, but I'm sure none of those women mind the view when I run or ride past them in a race outfit. :)

And incidentally, TC, I got rid of my scale about the same time you did. As long as you are not pigging out on ice cream and cookies every night, your weight is really kind of irrelevant. I sabotaged a couple of my long races this year by obsessing too much over weight in the week before the event.

Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has looked at a hot guy and thought he could look even better with shaved legs. :)
Quote Reply
Re: I don't have the body of a model...and? [Sister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeez, you ladies are killing me. ;-)

Thick thighs, thin thighs, big boobies, small boobies, long hair short hair, give me a break. Some of us just love women for who and what they are.

My wife of 30 years has a great ass, not small, but great. She is 5'5-1/2" and has some belly fat at 128 pounds. I love that little extra especially with a crop top. When I met her in college, she had the greatest butt and stomach.

Stop worrying about your weight. You gals are endurance athletes and can kick most guys asses. Celebrate who you are not what you are or how you look.

Personally, I love women with athletic legs, a nice butt (not flat or small), small boobs with a white tight braless t-shirt, and a nice tummy. You can have the anorexic models in the magazines.

So HTFU and celebrate who you are.
You are all lovely!
Quote Reply
Re: I don't have the body of a model...and? [FungShuay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree completely with what you said. Even though I'm lucky and have a robo-babe of a wife with one mighty fine ass (it has improved with age, truly gravity defying) even with some age wrinkles and some stretch marks from the kids she's finer than ever. She's a square meal with all the food groups and I get all the nourishment I need from her. Now, I won't mind if she packs on some lbs, I think it would actually be sorta fun, and she knows that I wouldn't mind some extra junk back there anyway. Guys have a wide range of likes/dislikes and it all boils down to personality. While I got lucky and hit the jackpot with my main squeeze, there were some before I got married 11 years ago that had it going on in the looks dept, but were nearly brain dead upstairs. Now that wasn't bad for a fling, but certainly not the kinda thing you want wiping the drool off your chin when your on your death bed. Any guy who is worth a damn likes to experience brain stimulation as much or more than he likes other things stimulated. Also, any woman is a model - she can show her stuff in the privacy of her own bedroom for her man and feel like a million bucks. Get toasted on wine and do a fashion show for your hubby, starting with a lot of clothes and getting down to next to nothing, maybe some sexy tasty stuff that he bought you as a gift.
Quote Reply
Re: I don't have the body of a model...and? [FungShuay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love it!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply

Prev Next