Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I (male) want to be the best dressed cyclist/triathlete on a bike- what do you like to see?
Quote | Reply
I (male) want to be the best dressed cyclist/triathlete on a bike
What do you like to see.
Besides losing my beard what color combination, vests, long sleeve, full tights and.........
Please include photos or links to photos.

http://www.truckeecyclocross.com
California
Quote Reply
Re: I (male) want to be the best dressed cyclist/triathlete on a bike- what do you like to see? [onewheelskate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What do you like to see.
Besides losing my beard what color combination, vests, long sleeve, full tights and.........
geez. you are more pathetic than me!!!
Quote Reply
Re: I (male) want to be the best dressed cyclist/triathlete on a bike- what do you like to see? [onewheelskate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
White bike shorts. Definitely white.
Quote Reply
Re: I (male) want to be the best dressed cyclist/triathlete on a bike- what do you like to see? [lisac957] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't think he should wear red bike shorts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lets assume for a sec that you are serious. Then yeah. the beard must go.
This is maybe personal but things that I think "serious tri guys" think are HOT but I think its to impress each other not girls, that I think are really NOT hot:

-tri suits. Not hot. Wear shorts and a top. tri suits say, I wish my mum signed me up in ballet when I was a kid. These 'outfits' are so NOT HOT
-anything that is below the waist must be black or navy blue
-aero helmets are NOT hot unless you are a pro
if you are not they look stupid. I think they even look stupid on pros
-compression socks. Good Lord. I dont care the why or what just NO.
-Mdot tattoos I think look dumb and when I see a guy with one I think he'd rather just walk around with his penis out and since that is illegal he tattoed an Mdot on his calf instead
-speedos. Not too many men can carry that look off. But yes you need to train in them. Just please don't parade your junk around, get in the pool, swim, leave.
Thanks for listening.
Quote Reply
Re: I (male) want to be the best dressed cyclist/triathlete on a bike- what do you like to see? [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Lets assume for a sec that you are serious.

Thanks for listening.
because I'm fashion challenged I seem to be pathetic.
I usualy do the Form follows function.
It seems that color sense and workable combinations have left the room when it comes to style.

thank you for your observations

California
Quote Reply
Re: I (male) want to be the best dressed cyclist/triathlete on a bike- what do you like to see? [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This is maybe personal but things that I think "serious tri guys" think are HOT but I think its to impress each other not girls, that I think are really NOT hot:

-tri suits. Not hot. Wear shorts and a top. tri suits say, I wish my mum signed me up in ballet when I was a kid. These 'outfits' are so NOT HOT
-Mdot tattoos I think look dumb and when I see a guy with one I think he'd rather just walk around with his penis out and since that is illegal he tattoed an Mdot on his calf instead
-speedos. Not too many men can carry that look off. But yes you need to train in them. Just please don't parade your junk around, get in the pool, swim, leave.
Thanks for listening.
+1
That pretty much sums up my views too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Thanks for listening.
Consensus on the Mdot tattoos and the compression socks.

Disagree on>>>
- tri suits ARE hot, if you have the body for them. Where's the thread where I listed "hot"? small waist, flat stomach, round glutes..... then, you can wear a tri suit!
- aero helmets ARE hot. You don't even have to be super fast for them to be hot. It shows you are taking the sport seriously.
Quote Reply
Re: I (male) want to be the best dressed cyclist/triathlete on a bike- what do you like to see? [alycat13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Thanks for listening.
+1
That pretty much sums up my views too.
x3. Agree 100%. Had a good chuckle re the tri-suit slam and the compression socks. Thanks for the visual.
Last edited by: julieb2008: Jun 22, 09 11:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kbee - this should be required reading for all male triathletes. It should be added to the "Triathlete's Training Bible".
Quote Reply
Re: I (male) want to be the best dressed cyclist/triathlete on a bike- what do you like to see? [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
kbee - this should be required reading for all male triathletes. It should be added to the "Triathlete's Training Bible".

Totally disagree. I guess that's why people have choices and different attractions.

Tri suits: fine. They serve a purpose. Same with skinsuits in cycling.

Below the waist: I've seen some very hot white kits.

Aero helmets: It's a race. Why not use what will make you faster? Faster is hot.

Compression socks: Compression tights are even better.

M-dot tattoos: Sounds like kbee has issues. Personally, I did (most) tattoos.

Speedos: Depends on the body wearing it.

Actually, most of the above describes Faris Al Sutan and he is HOT!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Disclaimer: Please take my advise with a grain of salt, because I frequently violate almost all of KBEE's Laws on a regular basis (except the MDot one).

I say: wear what you feel comfortable in. When you feel comfortable, you will make whatever you are wearing look better. If you pick clothes to look cool you may end up wearing a v-neck t shirt and a flat brimmed baseball hat or worse yet, a fouxhawk.

If you are losing the beard, may I suggest a racing fu man chu. Very areo, very fast.

Rules I violate on a regular basis.
That is very interesting. That may explain why my trisuit is pink. KBEE, you just saved me some dough I would probably have spent on therapy.
-aero helmets are NOT hot unless you are a pro if you are not they look stupid. I think they even look stupid on pros
Yep, I look like a dork and I am going to do it anyway.
-speedos. I think speedos are kind of like democracy. They are the worst form of swimsuit except all the others. (Quote loosly borrowed from Winston Churchill)

Thanks Trackie for offering a different perspective.
Quote Reply
Re: I (male) want to be the best dressed cyclist/triathlete on a bike- what do you like to see? [mccannathon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

If you are losing the beard, may I suggest a racing fu man chu. Very areo, very fast.

A "racing fu man chu"? Seriously?

To the thread:
How about you just shave your legs, wear a non-see-through kit that fits you and have a good time on your bike. That's what I like to see. Probably not what you want to hear. Furthermore, it's unclear what audience you are trying to appear "best-dressed" for. I believe there are some serious differences between what men and women deem nicely dressed.

And lastly:
The hottest, "best-dressed" (whatever the hell that means), fastest cyclist can suddenly become a complete jackass for spitting on cars, running red lights and cutting off fellow cyclists. So before you drop $500 on an Assos cycling kit. . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

So what do you think of these color schemes?

California
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you have jaundice?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: I (male) want to be the best dressed cyclist/triathlete on a bike- what do you like to see? [scj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
What do you like to see.
geez. you are more pathetic than me!!!
Yeah, this first post is just sad.
Quote Reply
Re: I (male) want to be the best dressed cyclist/triathlete on a bike- what do you like to see? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
do you have jaundice?
lol I think a little pee came out!

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote | Reply
That's a pretty sweet look. I think I might have seen it before....

On the plus side, matching arm and leg warmers are available in certain neighborhoods in most major cities

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love seeing M-dot tattoos!!! Mine is quite hot too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I have been working on tri suites this winter at xc ski events here in Tahoe area.
What do you think of the LAVA LAMP SUIT?
yea or nay

California
Last edited by: onewheelskate: Jan 26, 10 16:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a hippie friend in MN who would love that! do you mind if i steal the photo to post for him (on a motorcycle forum)? :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i have a hippie friend in MN who would love that! do you mind if i steal the photo to post for him (on a motorcycle forum)? :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Go go to MN with the LAVA LAMP tri suit photo. Bounce back with your friends version.

California
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do not take your jersey off and walk around in the bibs. Any thoughts of "that guys kinda hot" goes out the door when that happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+4.

Also, nothing that allows your midriff to stick out.
Nothing that has your name emblazoned across your ass.
Quote Reply

Prev Next