Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ITB Surgery Rehab Update
Quote | Reply
Hi all- just had to share! Since most of my girly girl friends don't quite get my excitement but I knew you all would! Well today I ran 30 minutes including 3- 1 min walks. I am trying to keep myself reigned in a bit just from a "don't screw this up" standpoint. But anyway no pain at all!!! I am running now on a treadmill and hope to transfer outside this week to a dirt trail. I am still riding 25 miles twice a week and have cut back my swimming a bit so I can focus more on rehabbing my run.

But anyway- I am thrilled and actually found myself huffing and puffing with the run. It was soooo great- So atleast for next season I should be able to do a sprint distance. My goal is to run an easy 5k for Turkey Day and then be at 6 miles in January so I can sign up for some Olympic distance and then who knows maybe 1/2 and full IM someday!

I will keep you posted. Thanks so much for the support!

COtrimom

Quote Reply
Re: ITB Surgery Rehab Update [COTrimom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yay! yay! yay!

that is good news indeed.

i'm having a hip resurfacing procedure done in january ~~ should be out of commission for 4 months or so ~~ it is SO AWESOME to hear others' stories of a return to pain-free running.

wishing you well with your continuing recovery. you go girl!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good news! Enjoy the endorphins!
Quote Reply