Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IMC roll call
Quote | Reply
As MDraegerNYC and I were pedaling away across the scenic vineyards and wheat fields of Eastern WA today, we wondered what other womens are doing IM Canada.

AndyPants, we know. To my dismay she told me D! was out (what's up with that? No tickleberry's for you!)

But that was all we came up with. Who's in??
Quote Reply
Re: IMC roll call [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll still be there though! My friend Samantha will be staying with me and so will some weird French guy that can't get enough of me ;) hahaha Khai will be there again... he's one of the womens, right?

I'll be sure to stand with my HUGE Tickleberry's while you guys are riding by. Suckers.

I actually know quite a few people racing this year so it should be a great week... especially because I'm NOT racing :D

Quote | Reply
Next year! Next year! Next year!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. Watching and routing for you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep moving forward, just keep moving forward...

~~ I am no longer broken... ~~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there volunteering (and signing up for next year)!

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately I won't be making the trip to spectate this year. First time in 4 years. I look forward to watching everyone's result!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep P and I will be there, I may even get to wear my team kit afterall (with the coolwings it works quite well for keeping me non-crispy).... I am not feeling super confident about the race due to nagging doubts about my bike set-up: gearing, saddle. I put on my old trusty Old Squishy saddle this morning for my trainer ride and should have done that weeks ago. Had to lower my saddle height by about 1cm as a result, so I'm glad I can use the trainer sessions to get the feel dialed in. As for gearing, I may just slap on a 27 and call it good - swapping out my 53/39 for 50/34 at this point seems like a bad idea/flirting with danger/etc.

sigh.

FWIW, the run and swim are feeling great these days! ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: IMC roll call [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I keep alternating between panic and calmness in regards to the race. If memory serves me right I do this everytime.

I finally gave up trying to break in a new tri saddle and put on my road bike saddle last week. That and my DeSoto 400 mile shorts were perfect for an 85+ mile ride this weekend.

Running...meh, my long run will be this week and I'm shooting for 2 hours. My MO has been to run as little as possible and keep my hip and knees happy. It could be a sufferfest on race day for the run, we'll see.

Swimming: Michelle and I anticipate coming out at about the same time 1:30 best case, 1:45 not great but we'll take it. We had a smack down at camp tow years ago and matched eachother stroke for stroke.

Gearing, I love my triple :-)
Last edited by: QRgirl: Aug 10, 09 17:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You both will do great. I always panic before my races so you are not the only ones. You put in the training, you are ready. Finishing in 17 hours is totally doable. I'll be cheering you on from home and promise I won't go to sleep until all of you are across the finish line.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: IMC roll call [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'll be cheering you on from home and promise I won't go to sleep until all of you are across the finish line.
I'll be there and I can't even promise that :D

Quote | Reply
I so wish I could be there to cheer for you guys. It's the first time since 2001 that I won't be at the race (spectating or competing). I'm trying to get my traditional happy face smiles into transition so you can put them on your bikes and have then smiling at you when things are rough AND when things are great. Anyone willing to provide me an address and I'll post them from here in Australia?

Best of luck everyone!

If on line entry is a possibility I am seriously considering signing up for IMC #5 in 2010 despite introducing myself as a nutbar last year during the run as I hobbled my way through with more blisters on my feet than I care to remember (double digits on BOTH feet). IMC training will be what I need to get off all this extra "comfort food" fat from my muscle depleted fat ladened body.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm getting so excited for you and Michelle! Good luck with your final workouts and I hope you are getting excited for race day!
Quote Reply
Re: IMC roll call [MEL K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SEND TIMTAMS!!! ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummed to not do it this year...but I'll be thinking of you all, trust me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's a timtam? Like a Timbit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tam

A little bit of heaven. Best is a Tim Tam Slam...mmmmm

;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: IMC roll call [MEL K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See Karen you change your name and I had no idea it was you. It would of been nice for you to be there but I guess being in Australia is a little bit better! Later..

I'll be there racing this year.

As like someother ladies, I am going through stages of panic and excitment.

18 days to go

Lana

Quote Reply
Re: IMC roll call [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going to cheer on two friends. It is my first time at IMC - any good tips on places to spectate, especially on the bike course?
Quote Reply
Re: IMC roll call [lmnilson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike course is really tough because it is completely shut down. If you can get up to Yellow Lake that would be cool but you won't make it back in time to watch them in transition.

I usually just nap while everyone is on the bike. I've never tried getting on the bike course because it is such a hassle.

I like to hang out right along the lake. You see everyone come thru and you are close to town to go grab food.

Jen

Last edited by: JenHS: Aug 12, 09 20:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are so inclined, it is great to volunteer at one of the transitions. It only takes a few hours out of your day and it gets you into the athlete compound. It is a great place to cheer on your friends and help the other racers as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep moving forward, just keep moving forward...

~~ I am no longer broken... ~~
Quote Reply
Re: IMC roll call [tri_2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Lana, you can't get mad at me for the name change it's right in my signature line. Don't worry I'll be YVR K again soon enough. While traveling Aus on my weekends has been a ton of fun my work has been the biggest let down of the year. I'm counting the minutes until I can work in my functional school back home. Three principals in three terms and I can go on.

But back to IMC, you will totally ROCK it in your new lean machine of a body!

And Andy you can buy Tim Tams in YVR - i've seen them at the IGA on Broadway (the original one by the liquor store).

Best of luck everyone! It's such an amazing race. Plus I hear STEVE KING IS BACK!!! It doesn't get much better than that.

K

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds yummy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe you can still drive up to Richter Pass. In 2006 I had friends up there cheering me on and Julian in England was both there and at Yellow Lake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Julian will be here too, he lands in Vancouver on the 17th! Yippee!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: IMC roll call [Brokeneck dave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!! I am volunteering at bodymarking in the morning but if I don't go out on the bike course I am thinking of seeing if they need help in the transition area. I have heard so many great things about IMC, really looking forward to being there and cheering everyone on. Good luck to everyone who is racing!
Quote Reply

Prev Next