Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMAZ in tri briefs?
Quote | Reply
I am trying to figure out the last details of the upcoming IMAZ and I am second guessing my clothing choice. I have been racing in a zoot swim top and Desoto tri briefs (no longer avail) for a long time. They work well in 1/2s and shorter races and it has worked out well. I like a thin chamois anyway and train in Suqoi shorties.

For the IMAZ, I plan to wear a Desoto skin cooler jersey over my 2 piece swim thing and just put on cool wings for the ride. For the run I plan to throw on a transition skirt and go.

Does anyone ride in your swim suit/ race brief? I searched and found some info, but would like more.

I love my Desoto briefs and can not find anything to replace their perfection. At least they don't wear out fast!

Thanks!
Colleen
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ in tri briefs? [Colleen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am debating the same thing right now. I got a new sugoi top that I like and am searching for bottoms and was looking for tri briefs. I haven't found any I like yet so I might just stick with the DeSoto Forza shorts. I am still hoping to find some tri briefs with a small pocket in the back like the forza shorts, but realize I probably won't find any.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Colleen & MM -

I did Kona in these -

http://desotosports.com/products/product.asp?Category=wmicro&ProdID=WMTS8

picture of the black: http://desotosports.com/images/products/WMTS8/thumb/WMTS8black.jpg

And I love them. I will do AZ in them as well - they're short enough to feel like you're in a brief, but they have a great pad. Enough coverage for me for the run. They are extremely low rise though - be forewarned :)

Rachel

PS - Maggs, 8:30 tomorrow for 2 x 20 in the ocean? Wetsuits on? email or text me!
Last edited by: runlikeamother: Mar 16, 08 13:00
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ in tri briefs? [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Rachel. They are super cute, but I would have one sunburned booty and back with that low rise. But if they are comfortable enough for an IM, I should be okay in the briefs.

Happy Training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wore Loius Garneau tri shorts in 3 IM races (from swim through run) and was perfectly comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ in tri briefs? [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a pair of those yesterday and did my 100 mile ride/9 mile run in them today. I do like them and decided they are what I will wear for AZ.

See you tomorrow. I say wetsuits. I swam in the ocean yesterday w/o and FROZE.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried riding in briefs at Cali 70.3 a few years ago and ended up w/major chaffing where my thighs rubbed against the seat. Very icky and sore (Although I chaffe _very_ easily. Your skin is probably tougher).

If you go for it you may want to bring along some anti-chaffe w/you in case you need it 20m in. I had done up my thighs and seat before the swim, but I guess most of it was lost in the water or something.

Also, maybe put a pair of bike shorts in your special needs just in case...
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ in tri briefs? [canuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually use alot of chamois butter and carry those little travel packs. I haven't had a problem in the 1/2 but wondered about a full. The special needs shorts sound like a good idea.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ in tri briefs? [canuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been doing all my trainer sessions lately in a pair of Zoot tri briefs to see how it feels to ride in a brief. I would like to do my next HIM and maybe IM in a brief and I was worried about the thighs chafing on the seat which is why I am practicing at home! I also have a pair of Desoto micro tri shorts on the way and I can't wait to try them! For me the huge benefit of the Desoto product is the eide, flat waistband.
So far I am in LOVE with exercising in the tri brief and a sports bra. It's now my "go-to" outfit for any at home workouts.

Jessica
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done IM Wisconsin in tri briefs (sugoi) a couple of the hot years. They were perfect for me. You can put a glob of vaseline underneath your seat just in case you have chafing on your inner thighs. I think almost anything can be an option as long you've practiced with it.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ in tri briefs? [BigV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I must be bigger than you gals! I am guessing when you say "tri brief" you are referring to a bikini bottom? My thighs are too hefty for that. I have done my last 2 IMAZ's in Zoot tri shorts. They have a couple of versions. On has a longer inseam and has pockets on the legs. Last years version had a 5-6 inch inseam and pockets on the hip area. I love then. Very comfortable chamois - on the thin side - you don't notice it on the run at all. I never had much luck with the desoto shorts - alway ride up on me. I like their tops though.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ in tri briefs? [Mizzou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i agree with you! I have lean legs, but still the thigh rubbing against the seat is torture for me, since I have super senstitive skin. I always go with tri shorts.

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply