Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? September 3 (Labor Day) Edition
Quote | Reply
MistressK, I hope you're healing!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 3 (Labor Day) Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Goals for this week: journal every day, swim 2x, ride 5x, run as foot allows, no bingeing.

I ran but didn't meet any other goals. I am home and have less pool access - not worried about it. I like the stairstepper and had fun on that :-)
I also binged once (maybe twice?) don't remember. I did write in my journal a few times and need to catch up tonight.

M - 8 mi run + 70 min elliptical
T - 5 mi run + 70 min stairmaster + 1 mi walk
W - 9 mi run + 40 min stairmaster
T - 6 mi run + 55 min stairmaster
F - 6.5 mi run + 90 min stairmaster
S - 4 mi run + 60 min canoe
S - 5 mi run + 60 min canoe + 35 mi bike

Totals: 43.5 mi run, 35 mi bike, 1 mi walk, 6.5 hours of "other"

Goals for this week: it is my last week at home before I move west and my goal is to enjoy it. I have some pool passes I should use; I have a goal for 1 long ride; but aside from that the main goal is sort/organize/pack and have a good week for food. This will be day 4 w/o bingeing.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 3 (Labor Day) Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2....

last week:

Run 4x -> DONE
Swim 1x -> DONE
WCP 2x -> Fail and I e=really noticed it on my swim :-(
Ride 6x including one 4hr+ ride. -> Small "D" done - 6 rides yes, but no 4+hr ride instead a good hill repeat session.

This next week: BUSY!!! I have to go to Spokane for work all day Fri so Thurs & Fri are mostly write-offs...
Run 5X (Tues Thurs Fri Sat Sun)
Swim 1x (Sat OR Sun unless the hotel has a decent pool but they rarely do...)
Bike 2x (Sat & Sun)

I reg'd for Seattle Marathon today, very excited!!! However, I still have to get through Leadman... This week and next week are very work-heavy (Spokane this week and Chicago ALL next week - yes, instigator, I'll be PMing you...). I'll call it "extended taper"...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Met my goals of 25K swimming and a 4 mile ows. This week it's 27.5K and a 5 mile ows.

Got the clear to jog one mile. Hammie and hip rebelled, so I may have to wait another couple of weeks to try again.

Solidarity forever sisters. Happy labor day!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Sep 3, 12 19:06
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 3 (Labor Day) Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dudette, that is awesome. Kinda jealous - wish I had the time to swim like that... :-) I'm going to try and channel your spirit for Leadman...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did nothing after Monday. Swam 1800y and felt great. Then I worked a couple 12 hour days at work, my cat got very sick, my parents are in town then I had to put my cat to sleep. I;m brokenhearted. So total clusterfk of a week. And it totally sucked except the parents' visit part.

I got talked into doing the Seattle Half Marathon because I am friends with some ST womens on Facebook and someone brought it up. Next thing we know there is a group of us running. I guess that means I should start training.

In the spirit of that, I ran a hard 20 minutes today before taking my parents to the Mariners/Red Sox game. Still need to plan out the rest of my week but in general:

Run 4x
Swim 2x

I'll work back up to running 6-7/week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: JenSw: Sep 3, 12 22:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone. It's so fun to hear how all of you are doing.

I had a good week. I meant to make this week more of a recovery week, but ended up w. 56 running miles. My legs are feeling ok, so I'll go w/ it.
I got only one bike, and no swims in.

I think I'm going to try a new strategy for this week. Continue on course w/ my marathon training, which is going very consistantly. And instead of trying to get both bike and swim in, I'll just try for swims. My new goal is to get at least 2 swims in a week. That will let my legs rest for running, but still work on a big weakness for tri's. It'll be interesting to see if consistant swimming helps me at all. Can't hurt :)

So this week my goals are
Run 56-60 miles w/ a 20 miler on Sunday.
Swim 2 x
Core 3 x

Happy training everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks so much!

assuming i can get the waterproof cast i was denied last week:

this week's goals:
- swim x 3
- bike (on trainer) x 3
- run x 3
- core/strength x 2

it doesn't look like i'll need surgery, but the swelling waited until the day after i got the cast to go down so i can practically slip the damned thing off and it provides next to no support. i have another ortho appointment on wednesday, so they'll replace the cast then. have run a few steps and it felt ok, so once i don't have to worry about a sweaty cotton cast liner i'll start with short runs, get a bike set up on the trainer so i can spin, and get back in the pool. managed to do a fair bit of walking in the meantime.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
When training for my fall marathon last year, I found that cutting back the biking dramatically allowed me to get in a lot better, higher-quality runs. I basically rode once or twice in the 4 weeks leading up to the marathon and I really noticed the difference. Let us know how it plays out fo ryou...

Ap

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 3 (Labor Day) Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You so seriously don't want to channel me for Leadman. Besides being slow as s$#t, I'm a klutz to boot--neither of which helps.

Leadman looks awesome. How are you feeling about the training?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feeling kind of "EEP"-ish about it. I know I'll finish, and I know that I am undertrained for the swim and somewhat for the bike. But everytime I look at the website etc, I get excited. It's been a long time since I've been excited about a race!!!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 3 (Labor Day) Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excited is good. The whole point is to have fun. I get in trouble when I forget that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know! Sometimes I read the main forum and think to myself "WTF is up with these overachievers who can't have a bit of fun..." I love Dave Roche's RRs - sooo funnay.

Anywhoo, I've got ~2.5 weeks, there will be a RR, have no doubt... oh especially since Bend's Oktoberfest is on the day before and the day of the race... it'll either be another hangover half or a wicked post-race party :-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone posted a question asking if he should go to sprint Worlds or stay home and essentially train more.

I'm like, uh, WORLDS! That sounds like a lot more fun than swimming more laps.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advise.
I go back and forth thinking that biking will give me more endurance, and then thinking it'll take away from my running.
I'm actually still 14 weeks out from the 'thon, so still building mileage which is a scary time for me since that's when I tend to get hurt.
I think you're right. I think biking is too much. I'll hold off until after my A marathon in Dec and just swim and run.

Good luck this weekend. It's so great to be excited for a race. If you get a chance, I'd love to read a race report.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 3 (Labor Day) Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Give it a try for a week - have a run-focus week. See how it feels. Some folks do need the extra cardio they get from the bike. You won't know if you don't try right?

Race is on 22nd, still lots of time to freak out! ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 3 (Labor Day) Edition [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAHAHAHA! That's hilarious.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 3 (Labor Day) Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had 2 coaches and they've always said if you want to be better at a sport, do that sport. Want to be a better runner? Run. I also would cut back on biking in favor of more running. But I also love running and once did a 120ish day run streak and felt great.

Jen

Quote Reply