Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? September 10
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 10 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week: it is my last week at home before I move west and my goal is to enjoy it. I have some pool passes I should use; I have a goal for 1 long ride; but aside from that the main goal is sort/organize/pack and have a good week for food. This will be day 4 w/o bingeing.

I did enjoy my week. The unstructured time was hard - I didn't have a good week with food :-( but eating during the road trip went well (we left yesterday).
It was hard to say goodbye to so many people! And the boyfriend is in Maine :-(

sport week:
M - 35 mi bike
T - 6.2 mi run + 60 min stairmaster + 45 min. yoga
W - 8 mi run + 70 min stairmaster
T - 9 mi run + 30 min stairmaster
F - 7.75 mi run + 4500 yd swim
S - 54 mi bike
S - 9.3 mi run

totals: 4500 yds, 89 miles bike, 40 miles run, 3.5 hours other

This week: I am traveling M through Th, arriving in Oregon late Thursday night. I will be playing it by ear based on hotel fitness centers (this morning), staying with an aunt and uncle one night, have a day in Salt Lake City with my brother (hiking I hope!), and then I'll be in Oregon. The goal is to not have eating issues on the road trip.

Have a good week, ladies. MistressK, I hope your hand is doing ok.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- swim x 3: WIN!
- bike (on trainer) x 3: FAIL.
- run x 3: WIN with 4
- core/strength x 2: FAIL with 1.

wrist is doing ok; running is no problem, though i severely doubt gore's claims about the waterproof cast liner being breathable - it gets really hot and swampy in there fast, and then there's the issue with it getting a bit waterlogged after a swim and dripping for up to an hour afterward. i nearly went hypothermic yesterday morning when the pool's water heater was down, so only tepid water for showers, the hot tub was closed, and even after a bowl of porridge & going back to bed for a nap with (very warm sleeper) hubby i was still freezing due to this wet, cold thing locked onto my wrist! not to mention the soaked spot on the bed where the cast sat and dripped despite my best efforts to squeeze & dry it out.

i think swimming will actually be decent rehab for the wrist. it's not comfortable, but it's not the break that hurts - it's the outside of the wrist where the ortho has told me i may have some pain due to the shortening of the radius. he's concerned about my ability to flex the hand back, and the resistance of the water as i pull is working that range of motion slightly. i'm too chicken to try butterfly, but i can passably swim free and breast, though i'm keeping the swims and sets short with a decent amount of rest in order not to overtax the injured arm.

didn't get my cx bike back from the shop (new f & r derailleur cables and housing, new bottom bracket and a new chain they mistakenly put on but won't charge me for) until sunday morning and i didn't want to set my tri bike up on the trainer just to pull it back off a couple of days later, so just the one easy spin on sunday. i hate having to sit up all the time, but even with the cast the wrist isn't ready to support any weight on the bars. might help if i put a spacer or two under there; will keep trying, though not in any way that could cause damage.

this week's goals:
- swim x 4
- bike x 3
- run x 4
- core/strength x 4

think we'll head out to the race site for the oly i was supposed to do on sunday (signed up back in march) and volunteer instead.

tigerchik, hope all goes well with the road trip!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
First CX race of the season went OK on Saturday. Started new residency (prosthetics) last Tuesday... that is going to be good, I think.
Mostly just trying to get in a new groove with my during the week activities. Starting Wed. I'm working 10 hour days - 6am-5pm, with a 1hr lunch. Sad part is, probably not able to do a workout during lunch. No clean up facilites and working with patients is not often too reliable for schedule stuff.
Bad news - I think for some reason my iron levels are dropping again. Noticed I started sleeping like crap again and my feet woke me up a couple of times freezing. Plus in the race I didn't feel so strong, breathing and effort level was back to how it felt when I was anemic.
So, I decided to bump up the supplements. I never stopped taking them, but was decreased down to 2-3x per week. Was thinking about raising that back up a touch until I felt better.
I might have to see out a dr. that might be able to work with me more on this... cranky stuff though.
Got my board exams scheduled for Nov. 15/16 (for orthotics (not just feet, you know)). We'll see if I get in on the practicioner exam in Dec., that's in Florida.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had my first half-Iron in Montreal on Saturday.
Took 2nd in my age group, 6th woman over-all with 4:55 finish.
I was hoping for under 6 hours, so I was ecstatic with the result of under 5 hours!!!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 10 [robot_ap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on a great race, robot_ap. Determination, was it good to be back at the cx? MistressK, you know we're all rooting for you.

Didn't quite meet my swim goal because I ended up doing a 2 mile ows yesterday instead of 5--just didn't have any pep, so called it quits early and gave it another go today. Ended up with 23K yards for the week.

Went back today and got the 5 miler done. My longest ows yet. It went well, and it means I'm going to have some massive yards this week. Most important goal of the week is to do a test run of the race site with my paddler.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 10 [robot_ap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome finish!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic work all... tc, leaving is never easy but just wait for all the adventures you are going to have... all the new people you'll meet... might have to try and meet up in a few weeks when we're in OR for Leadman! ;-)

Last week: Did a quick road trip to Spokane Thurs/Fri to visit a customer, and our weekend was packed with NewCo stuffs so we did virtually zero training (aside from some running). Busy busy busy, which means tired tired tired!!!
Run 5X (Tues Thurs Fri Sat Sun) -> WIN+ I actually ran 6 times last week and it felt awesome to be running that much again. Managed to get a nice run on the Centennial trail in Spokane one lovely crisp morning....
Swim 1x (Sat OR Sun unless the hotel has a decent pool but they rarely do...) -> FAIL - our weekend was just super busy and we got NOTHING done.
Bike 2x (Sat & Sun) -> FAIL see above.

This week: I am at a conference all week in Chicago, so training will be limited which sucks as Leadman is 10 days away. Eeep! Oh well, taper time right? haha ha... (cries softly in the corner)
Run 3x (once in IL hopefully!)
Swim 3x (the hotel has a 25yd lap pool, one swim already done [2000yd] - man 25yd pools are odd-feeling - and trying to do flip turns when it's barely 3.5' deep is even odder-feeling - this may be a good thing as my swim is by far my weakest link heading into Leadman...)
Bike - I'll be honest and call the big fat goose egg now... ZERO. I might luck out and get a short spin/brick on Sat or Sun but I think I'd rather spend the time with the fam instead. We'll see.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Sep 12, 12 11:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All of you inspire me so much!!! Well done everyone. TC - travel safely.

My week was all running
M - 9.1
T - day off
W 8.2
Th 12 - progression run.
F 4
Sat - 7
Sun - 22 w/ last mile at 7:23 pace.
Total - 62.5 miles.

Good week, but my legs are tired this week. I think I'll take it as a recover week. I'll try to get in a few swims and bikes instead of the pounding of running.

Happy training everyone!!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 10 [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome long run!

The trip is going pretty well. I am in Salt Lake City, Utah --- I went for a really cool hike today. Had some eating issues the past two days - road food is hard :-( but back on track today.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? September 10 [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, nad, those are some miles!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply