Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Sept 6
Quote | Reply
Post it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept 6 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week:
- run 6 times, one of them 2h15 min
- swim 3 times
- fix flat on bike... bike once.
- 3 yoga classes

I did run 6 times, one of them was 2:17, total 55.5 miles (long run 16.5).

I swam three times: 2300, 2100, and 3000 yds. I also got in an OW swim of 30 min.

I fixed the flat on the bike and did a ride (whole 25 minutes)!

I walked 5 miles total in cooldowns from running and one 2 mile walk on the day I didn't run. Yoga = 2 classes.

Successful week. Nutrition - met with nutritionist and I have lost 6 lbs since April; I am happy with that. Also happy with bingeing less (only once in the past two weeks). We are working on getting my body fat down (this is ok with her) and I am supposed to be lifting.

Goals for this coming week:

5 runs, 3 rides, 3 swims, 2 x lifting, one yoga class. Continue to do a good job with eating :D

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last weeks goals: 4 runs, 3 bikes, 3 swims, and 2 fucks

all achieved. Got one extra fuck!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:
swim: 1 pool, 1 ow - CHECK
bike: 1 short, 1 medium - CHECK
run: 1 medium, 2 short - CHECK
other: stretch lots (everywhere) and probably ice the hip - STRETCH, NO ICE, BUT FEELING FINE!

This week:
swim: 1 pool, 1 OW (first time in Lake Monona - hope it isn't too nasty...)
bike: 2 short
run: 2 short
Let's see, what else this week? Oh, yeah, RACE IRONMAN!! Thank goodness, I am starting to get really bored with this taper. :D

Race goals:
1). Finish. This will happen.
2). Under 15 hrs. This is probable. (Well, I hope anyway, I guess I honestly have no clue, this being my first... I feel like I'm jinxing myself writing this.)
3). 13.5 hrs. If everything goes absolutely perfectly, I think I can do this. Again, no real clue...
4). Make sure my family has a good time visiting and spectating. Yeah, no real control over this, but I'm a pleaser. :P

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice work on the goals. BTW, you mentioned something on your blog about writing up some hip exercises? Yes, you should! :)

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept 6 [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll make that post a goal for the week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good luck! will be thinking of you!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:

- swim x 3. must do this! - actually swam 4 times, so WIN.
- bike x 3, and at least 2 of those on my tri bike. must leave the new ride alone for a bit! - FAIL. 1 ride only, but it was on my tri bike
- run x 3 - WIN. even felt good enough to tack another 4km onto the end of my long run, though i probably shouldn't have since it was 6 days out from a race :p
- try to get out rollerblading and hit the driving range with my sweetheart. we missed our date at the range on friday because i ended up working late :( - hit the driving range twice, mini golfed twice (one outdoor, one indoor glow-in-the-dark), went cosmic bowling and go-karting! we didn't manage to get out rollerblading, though; the weather sucked most of the weekend.

this week's goals, while tapering for my last race of the year (oly on saturday):

- swim x 2, 1 OWS (the OWS was done yesterday)
- bike x 1
- run x 2
- rollerblade x 1 - might as well take advantage of having some extra time on my hands!
- increase sleep

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
AWESOME. I did NOTHING. ;-)

This week:
- 3x runs
- 1x swim
- 1x LSD ride on w/end

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When do you get to Madison? We're headed there tomorrow (Wednesday). I can't believe it's here! Anyway, have a great race!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept 6 [spacebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Madison, so... three years ago? ;) I'm reading all this stuff about people packing and freaking out about leaving something behind... it's pretty nice to be here already!!

Have a safe trip!

-----

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh cool. Have you done a bunch of your training on the course, then?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I'd say a good 80% of my training was on the course (we live 5 miles off the stem and 3 from the run course). Other than the lake, which I avoid like the plague due to the rumors of how bad the algae is! I'm getting in it for the first time tomorrow, so we will see... Riding the bike course all the time has been both a blessing and a curse though - I got SOOOO sick of it midway through the summer, but by golly, I know those hills better than the back of my hand.

-----

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's really why we decided to Ironman in the first place - I mean, you can't live in the same town, spectate and volunteer every year, and NOT ever do it. That's just lame!! ;)

-----

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't wait to hear about how your race is; I'm so psyched for you.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept 6 [spacebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How was the race for you?

-----

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My only goal for this week is going to be to get that post up on hip exercises. I've got a cold so I think I'm just going to be layin' low.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eek, it took longer than I had hoped, but I made it to the end with plenty of time to spare so I'm pretty happy! It was my first one, so I had no idea what to expect and it was so much harder than I had anticipated. I learned a lot of good lessons for next time. :) It sounds like you had a good race?
Quote Reply