Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Sept 27
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept 27 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:

- 3 runs, 1 @ ~23k: done.
- at least 1 core: done.
- 1 swim to rest legs: done.
- cycling when i feel like it: 1 ride done.
- detox from poor food/beer: week went well, weekend went to hell with our annual toga party. had a couple of beers saturday night, and got stuck with some leftover party food. demolishing fruit and veggie platters doesn't bother me, but we ended up with a large number of oatmeal raisin cookies, many of which i have eaten. fortunately there are only 4 left, 1 of which i'll probably have tonight, and another tomorrow (tanker will eat the other two).

in better news, despite less-than-ideal circumstances, i did place 3rd in my AG at a hilly trail 5k on saturday, taking over a minute and a half off last year's time :)

this week's goals:

- 3 runs; 1 @ ~25k, 1 easy, 1 hill repeats.
- at least 1 core workout
- at least 1 swim
- try for 2 bike rides

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Goals - run 5 times (did 7: one day off but one double) for 42.9 miles; bike three times (did 2: 1h50), swim once (fail), decrease gum chewing (2 days without).

This week's goals: 5 runs (two done). Swim Tuesday and Friday. Ride twice (one done). NO MORE GUM.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First off, way to place K!! Nice work! :)

My goals were:
Bike: Cycle commute more often than not + 1 mtn bike ride = DONE + FAIL
Yoga x1 = FAIL
Core x4 (2 done already) - 2/4 = FAIL
Run: Just one short test run by the end of the week
= FAIL

Haha, I sucked. :P

I did however do a race on Sunday with my hubby - sort of a team bike race/scavenger hunt/obstacle course thingy (Urban Assault Ride). It was TONNES of fun. :) We totally rocked it out at all the obstacles, but couldn't figure out one clue, missed a stop, and then had to backtrack later. :( Ended up costing us about 15-20 extra minutes, putting us in 7th instead of the 2nd we probably could have gotten otherwise. Also, I dropped Josh on his knee trying to do the wheelbarrow and he can't walk well today. Other than that though, it was a blast. And I am surprisingly sore from it.

Goals this week:
Cycle commute more often than not
Core x 4
Run x 3
Yoga x 1

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last weeks goal
3 swims (met)
30 minute stationary bike & strength session before and after (met)
3 mile run (failed! because I was running around trying to shop clothes for a date... it can never do! exercise needs to come first! men second ;-)

This week's goal:
2 swims (1 done; 2nd one tomorrow)
30 minute stationary bike & strength session before and after
3 mile run (I WILL get up early in the morning to do so!)

P.S. Something kind of bother me today at work which is kind of related to my training. I work in a profession where I need to wear uniforms. The uniforms that I used to wear used to be very loose fitting because I need to maintain full range of motion of my limbs. However, as I trimmed down/shapped up due to my training, I donned new uniforms today which fitted me very well and showed my physique. My colleagues were surprised and most had complimented on how well I looked in my new (and shapely) uniform. But, one individual had to commented on how she is going to start exercise now because she cannot have me look better than her (WTF?) I even had my supervisor asking me what size was the pants that I was wearing. Huh? Somehow the people at work think it is easy for me to get to this point when they had no idea of how much planning/training/restrains to sweets/and just plain, old hard work are put into it. I mean I always would commend and cheer on someone who seriously want to train but it is seriously annoying when someone thinks that 2 kickboxing classes would do the trick, and oh, I am also known in the work place as someone who is always eating meanwhile the other girls are skipping lunch or are drinking some kind of weird diet liquid drink, and they always say how come I am not fat but skinny :-)
Last edited by: Jean: Sep 27, 10 21:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sprint tri on Sunday....got 3rd in my AG. Not what I expected but between my goggles fogging up right away and my front brake being stuck "on" I did ok.
This week I'm doing whatever I feel like....no plan.
Gran Fondo bike ride in Santa Rosa coming up. That should be fun!

*Anne*
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept 27 [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
one individual had to commented on how she is going to start exercise now because she cannot have me look better than her (WTF?)

She won't follow through with it. :-)

Tuesday swim done!

Last edited by: tigerchik: Sep 28, 10 10:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- Continue to focus on the diet (cutting out the snacking, smaller portions, a lot more veg, cutting back on the alcohol) - GOOD, better than prior weeks
- 5x runs (1 intervals; 1 hills; 3 easy - intervals and 2 easy already done!) - DONE
- 1x swim (pool is open again - yay!) - FAIL
- 2x rides (1 short+hard OR hill-repeats; 1 LSD) - 1 short+hard and 1 hill climb so B- on this one.

Just can't get motivated to go to the pool yet. :-(

This week:
- 4x runs including a 5k race on Sat (2 easy with dog; 1 5k race; 1 8k with strides or intervals - not too hard tho)
- 1x swim - really! ;-)
- 2x rides (aim for a LSD on Sun and one more hill climb ride)

Really getting worried about Silverman 1/2IM in 6 weeks!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply