Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Oct. 6 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope all the womens are well. Is anyone racing Kona this weekend?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 6 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week
day off from running done, total mileage 45 or under close 46.5
swim 15k done
bike 4x nope rode once
do well w/food done!

M: 8 mi run + 3000 yd swim
T: 7.5 mi run + 3200 yd swim
W: 7 mi run + 3400 yd swim
T: 8 mi run + 2000 yd swim
F: 7.5 mi run + 3400 yd swim
S: 35 mi bike
S: 8.5 mi run

totals 15,000 yd swim, 35 mi bike, 46.5 mi run

would have ridden Sunday but went to the beach instead... I am proud of myself for taking the day off from schoolwork. My mom used to say "there's always an excuse not to study" but I am the opposite: I can always find an excuse to do work... and I really didn't want to do work. Today I am back to being motivated to do work. :P

Have realized that if I want to get in more bike mileage, I need to run and/or swim less, which might mean not doing those two things 5-6 days a week. Hmmm. (Or bike commute). And I should bike more, it is low hanging fruit... I am a slow cyclist. I am such a routine girl; I like the run for about an hour and swim for about an hour thing :P
goals for this week = 15k swim, day off from running, bike 4x... and vary the run mileage more.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Swim x 4: FAIL with 3. Errands & long run took precedence on Sat.
Bike x 2: WIN
Run x 6: WIN with over 60k for the week.
Core/strength x 4: WIN

This week's goals:
Swim x 2
Bike x 2
Run x 6
Core/strength x 4

I'm not entirely sure whether or not I'm going camping this weekend..

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Not a bad week.
Failed on 3x bike. Only did 2x.
Did do 2x strength train, 2x swim, and 5x run with a long run.
Both bike rides though were lots of fun and out on the dirt roads. Second one was with the hubby and he made me kill it a few times on the ride.

This week's goals
swim 1x
strength 2x
bike 3x, one of which is a CX race on Sat.
run 5x
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had an okay week. Out of town for work Mon/Tues. Got in a short run Tues & then played home catch-up the rest of the week. Friday I played indoor soccer with a friend. 3 x 40min games. My soccer/sprinting muscles are sadly out of shape and I spent Sat/Sun being stiff sore. Still got in a short bike on Sun, the weather was nice (but very windy) - I couldn't pass it up.

This week goals: 5 runs, including a 5km as a baseline. I'd like to do it on the same route every couple of months and see how/if I progress.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals: run 4x - DONE and feeling fantastic (finally!), ride 2x -DONE , skate 4x - DONE and although one session wasn't great I rebounded nicely for the next session (didn't warm up enough).

Ordered my long track Canadian Masters skin suit.
Finalized my hotel for the World Winter Masters Games next Feb in Quebec City (during Carnivale d'hiver! yay!)
Had a few social events last week where I ate poorly/too much and drank too much wine (ow)

This week:
- Run 4x including a 5k "race" with the kids :-)
- Skate 3x
- Ride 1x

Enjoy Thanksgiving this weekend :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the bike commuting. How long would it be? I love riding to & from work, even on the days I have a close call with cars. It's faster than driving, I arrive at work in a better mood and ready for the work day, and we save HEAPS on gas (which is almost $6 a gallon up here in Canuckistan). Just try to find a safe route and make sure you are really REALLY visible. They truly are free miles....

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply