Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Oct. 30
Quote | Reply
How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 30 [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had an okay week. I hadn't set goals... needed the headspace of working out to feel more settled with my family member's illness. I do feel better.

I ran 7x (54.7 mi), biked once (4 mi), and swam 5x (6025 yds)

I tried to donate blood last Tuesday, had low iron, and was able to donate today :-)

goals for this week swim 5x, ride 3x, day off from running

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, Women!

Hurray for blood donors!!

I had a good week. Light training followed by a 70.3 on Saturday. Well... not quite a 70.3. Swim was cut short because of fog so I literally swam for less than 5 minutes. But the bike was nice and strong, posted a time I was okay with. I should have been 5 minutes faster, but fatness and light training killed that one. I was great through the first 4 miles of running and then it got hot. Like 95 degrees kind of hot. Do you know why I sign up for an end of October race? Because it isn't supposed to be hot. Oh well. I survived and finished, but the run was rough. Just too darn hot for me.

Upcoming: another light-ish week with an OLY on Sunday (in my backyard). This will be the last race of the year. Not sure what I'll do in the off season. I need to take some time to let my Achilles calm down. It is reminding me that it exists, but isn't a problem (yet). I'll keep up my OWS and indoor biking and will probably do the 100/100 run challenge. And, I'll stick with my race weight challenge. I'm ready to reset after a great season of training and racing injury free. Woot!

Rock on women!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 30 [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the finish! Bummer about the swim getting cut short, and the heat.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik. Glad you were healthy enough to donate blood and get in some movement despite the circumstances.

SLO, congrats on the race and good luck this coming weekend. Will you take an off-season?

I had a busy but good week. My goals were:
Quote:
My goals this week are run twice, swim twice, bike once before the weekend trek, lift twice and do yoga once. Also, my daily p/rehab which I often forget to write but usually do.

I only ran once because I went rock climbing (whoops!) but last week's 4 miles balances out last week's 32. I hit all my other goals before taking off for my epic biking weekend. Our bike-camp-bike ride ended up being ~200 miles door to door with lots of climbing on the first day (~7,500 feet) and some climbing on the second day ~(3,500 feet). I don't do group rides very often but this weekend was epic, I made new friends riding and at the campsite, ate great food, and enjoyed some spectacular views. I didn't take many photos but for the social media inclined, check out recent posts under the hashtag #RaphaRides.

This week I'm planning to run three times, swim three times, bike twice, lift twice, and yoga once. Maybe I'll climb too :D

I hope everyone has a great week.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well it wasn't the best week for my non-exercise goals (or frankly my exercise goals). We'll just call it done and move forward shall we? On the bright side I got some bulbs planted over the weekend so at least my spring should be colourful?

This week to be honest I'm on countdown to my holiday (we leave next Monday) but I am aiming for 3 trainer rides, 2 runs and 1 upper body/core (DONE - and I dragged a fellow FF to the gym as well). I also made it today's yoga class. There aren't any more currently scheduled and that makes me sad.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 30 [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing wrote:
Hi, Women!

Hurray for blood donors!!

I had a good week. Light training followed by a 70.3 on Saturday. Well... not quite a 70.3. Swim was cut short because of fog so I literally swam for less than 5 minutes. But the bike was nice and strong, posted a time I was okay with. I should have been 5 minutes faster, but fatness and light training killed that one. I was great through the first 4 miles of running and then it got hot. Like 95 degrees kind of hot. Do you know why I sign up for an end of October race? Because it isn't supposed to be hot. Oh well. I survived and finished, but the run was rough. Just too darn hot for me.

Upcoming: another light-ish week with an OLY on Sunday (in my backyard). This will be the last race of the year. Not sure what I'll do in the off season. I need to take some time to let my Achilles calm down. It is reminding me that it exists, but isn't a problem (yet). I'll keep up my OWS and indoor biking and will probably do the 100/100 run challenge. And, I'll stick with my race weight challenge. I'm ready to reset after a great season of training and racing injury free. Woot!

Rock on women!
And the fog was gone by the time I started the sprint. At least it wasn’t as hot as it was the weekend prior... over 100.
Now time for me to get back into real training, I was 20 minutes slower than last year.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 30 [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDCali wrote:
And the fog was gone by the time I started the sprint. At least it wasn’t as hot as it was the weekend prior... over 100.
Now time for me to get back into real training, I was 20 minutes slower than last year.

Indeed! One week earlier and I would have had a DNS! I have my limits... Kudos on your sprint race!!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply