Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Oct. 22 Edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 22 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week: 3 swims, 2 rides, let running take care of itself. No bingeing!

Done, done, and done! I have been eating a lot at night but it hasn't been bingeing. I have also been able to eat an occassional dessert and not wind up bingeing, which is a big deal for me. In the past if I eat sweets I end up bingeing, so enjoying them in moderation is new. Last week I had a big, homemade, delicious cinnamon roll. This morning I had a chocolate chip muffin. Another reason to eat these on occasion is I live in a gluten-free household and am absolutely dying for BREAD, so I am trying to eat some of it while I am at school - I don't want to end up bingeing on an entire baugette one day because I am bread-deprived. I currently feel like, if I baugette and butter were placed in front of me, I WOULD eat the whole thing, so I am trying to counteract that in small, manageable, non-bingeing bread amounts.

Sorry if that makes no sense to you all; those are the disordered voices and how I am trying to process them and prevent disaster. :-)

M - 6.5 mi run + 6000 yd swim
T - 8 mi run + 12 mi bike + 1600 yd swim
W - 6 mi run + 6000 yd swim
T - 9 mi run + 1 hr stairmaster
F - 6.7 mi run + 5500 yd swim
S - 8 mi run + 6 mi bike
S - 30 mi bike

totals: 19200 yd swim; 48 mi bike; 44.5 mi run; 1 hr stairmaster

Goals this week: at least 3 swims (1 done), at least 2 rides, let running take care of itself; shoulder exercises 2x.
Also: keep track of money I spend. I am trying to be better about packing all the breakfast/lunches/snacks I need (I leave in the AM for the day, so breakfast and lunch happen at school), but I usually end up buying stuff at school and it would be cheaper if I could pack everything. The idea this week is to figure out what it is I end up purchasing so I can get it at the grocery store and pack it instead.
Another goal: less snacking at night.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Oct 22, 12 11:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Decent week. Blew off biking on Wed. because I wanted to go get a new dress for a rehearsal dinner on Friday for the wedding I was going to be in on Sat. Found one at Marshall's for $25 - score.
Studying went Ok, I went through a practice exam and have a little better idea of how to tackle a few things.
Had a good run on Friday at home and visited a friend in the middle of it.
Goals for this week is to do regular workouts, eat a bit better and sleep better (that part migh just be hope).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a good week. Got all workout done including 1:30 on the trainer after driving 3 hours home from a race in Indianapolis. And speaking of the race (Indianapolis marathon relay), it went well. I went from being assigned the shortest leg to running the longest and hardest leg. I ended up being faster than I thought I would be but not as fast as I was last year at this point of the year. So overall, I would say racing was a success. It gives me hope that I am starting to get back the fitness I lost over the summer while I was broken. And my relay team was 5th.

This week looks like this:
Monday - recovery run/strength
Tues - cycle
Wed - run/swim
Thurs - yoga
Fri - run/strength
Sat - long run
Sun - cycle (already up to 2 hour trainer rides - why do I have to live in the midwest)

Hope you all had a great week!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: Not very much at all I'm afraid - I am being audited M thru R so very little free time in those days. However I do have Fri booked off ... ;-)
M: 3mi -> DONE
T: OFF -> DONE ;-)
W: 3mi -> DONE
R: OFF -> DONE ;-)
F: 10mi -> DONE but didn't feel good. After effects of the food and stress from the audit.
St: 5mi -> DONE and felt better
Sn: 18mi. -> DONE and felt awesome actually! I even split this run too, even with a ~1hr low grade climb in there.
Diet: This will be a tough one, when busy like this, with food being brought in to work, I'll eat whatever comes my way. -> FAIL I did terrible here, ordered-in food is my nemesis!

Side note: Audit went extremely well and I kicked serious butt. BooYeah!

This week:
M: OFF
T: 5mi/CWP
W: 10mi
R: 5mi/CWP
F: optional 3mi/optional CWP
St: 5-7mi
Sn: 20mi.

The 20milers will be a real litmus test for me; I have one more planned for the following weekend as well, and if I feel like crap after that 2nd one, then I will seriously reassess my decision on full vs. 1/2.
Drink more water.
Drink less wine (booo I know).
Get lots of sleep.
Eliminate work stress whenever practical/possible.

5 weeks to go!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 22 Edition [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Got all workout done including 1:30 on the trainer after driving 3 hours home from a race in Indianapolis.

That is awesome.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

TC - well done on the eating. I can't imagine living w/o gluten. You're doing really well. I saw your thread on main forum about the paleo diet (that sure turned into a debate).

My running week went well. 57 miles total. And biking good (hit goal) 3 bikes for 4 hours total. But totally missed the core, didn't do a session.

Goals this week.
Run at least 50 miles, have a 10 mile race on Sunday, small taper toward end of week.
Bike 2-3 x for 2-4 hours total.
And CORE - must start core. I'd love 3 x this week, would settle for 2.

Happy training all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- run x 6: WIN
- bike x 2: FAIL - only 1
- swim x 4: WIN
- core/strength x 4: WIN

i sacked up and started doing some real swims - no more "ooh my wrist is still kinda broken" excuses, because it doesn't really hurt in the pool. legs actually came back pretty well from the 25k trail race; had a really effortless run on sunday after a really enjoyable mtb ride.

this week's goals:
- run x 5
- bike x 1
- swim x 3
- core/strength x 4

i broke the middle toe of my right foot sunday night while taking my pants off to get into bed! ran 30mins last night without issues, though, so i should be good to go for the 6 hour ultra on saturday. last race of the season!

cheers!

-mistress k