Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Nov. 6
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 6 [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week swim 5x, ride 3x, day off from running
swim: done, 5x = 6350 yds
bike: once, but miles were greater than run miles for the week so that's a win = 46.5 mi
run: 6x, 45.5 mi

I did an okay job with varying run mileage and pace. Shortest run was 6.5 miles, longest was 10.5 . I did one tempo 5k. Still working on the speed vs easy variation.

this week: at least one day off from running; ride 2x; swim meet Saturday! (swim 5-6x)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. TC.

My life is very hectic as I get ready to wrap up a job that I've been in for many years. Nonetheless, I'm shooting for walk/jog 30 minutes or easy bike 60 minutes 6 times this week.

And my retirement gift to myself is on the way! Hey Sally Shorty Pants--look what I got!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 6 [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gorgeous!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik -- good work and good luck in your swim meet Saturday.

Congratulations on your retirement and the new bike, Tri3.

My goals last week were:
Quote:
run three times, swim three times, bike twice, lift twice, and yoga once. Maybe I'll climb too.
I did all that and it went fine. Long run was 12 easy. Long bike was 45 mostly easy. I think Saturday's oceans swim was my last no-wetsuit swim for a few months (womp womp).

This coming weekend, I am a last minute sub for a trail Ragnar -- it doesn't seem to be a very competitive group and it should be fun day of trail running and camping.

This week, I'll have four runs (but hold about the same as my normal weekly mileage), two bikes, two swims, two strength sessions, and yoga class. I'll do my daily p/rehab. I might go climbing.

I hope everyone has a great week!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am good apart from being bored out of my mind sitting in Calgary airport waiting for my flight to England.

No goals this week except to enjoy my time with family. I am on holiday until the 15th and I have left my training/food journal at home. I feel kind of burnt out and I really want this time away from my usual routines. I am very excited about seeing my sister and my dad as it's been over a year since I've seen them.

Hope all the women have a great week.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 6 [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Enjoy the family time!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful new bike! How fun. Congrats!

I had my last tri of the season on Sunday with 3rd in AG (40-49). That was a surprise. There just weren't a lot of women out there. I did okay. My swim was crud - I've not put much swim time in this last month. Bike was good for where I'm at. Run was crud. I hate running in sand, which is what this race was for the most part. But, it was a local race and I got to see a lot of my peeps out there racing about.

Last week was a pretty good, and light, week. I was on recovery from the 70.3 I did the week prior and trying to stay limber for the race yesterday.

Swim x0
Bike x2
Run x1

I'm ready for R&R. My hot tub just got repaired today and it is heating up. Woot! I can't wait for my daily soak. It has been out of commission for many months, so this is a great day!

On the radar this week:

Swim x2
Bike x2
Run x ? - baby'ing my achilles for a bit
Hot Tub x7

Cheers!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 6 [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on the podium, Hillary -- what a nice surprise to close out your season!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I'm ticked off. I overdid it running a few weeks ago, didn't take enough time off, and now me left knee hurts to walk. I have been without much cartilage in that knee for decades so I should know better by now. Very angry at myself and too frustrated to do much of anything. I didn't work out all weekend or yesterday because I was so annoyed with myself.

Even more frustrating is that I'm signed up for a trail race on Black Friday (Black Toenail Friday, and the sweatshirts have a hilariously gross cartoon of a foot). It's supposed to be cold and SNOW this weekend (I am not emotionally ready for this) and I'm out of town next weekend, so I may not even get to get to a trail beforehand. According to my Facebook memories I was doing trail runs in shorts and a t-shirt this time last year.

So I am Miss Grumpy Pants over here.

Tri3, love the bike!
Scheherazade, jealous of your vacation! Our trip next weekend is much less glamorous, just driving to Chicago to celebrate hubby's 40th with a whole lot of football and friends.
I hope all the ladies have a rockin' week.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply