Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you, how was your week, and what are you doing for American Thanksgiving?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sadly do not get a long weekend this week, so it's the long slog to Christmas for me... :(

I cannot kick this cold that I have, I agreed to do a lunchtime yoga challenge at work (for the next 19 work days) and I am really, really, really regretting agreeing to the 25km "run" this upcoming weekend.

Hope everyone to the south can stay healthy and survive (or enjoy) family time this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC - what do you have planned?

Things in life continue to be somewhat hectic, mixed in with a whole bunch of hurry-up-and-wait. Last week landed up being 2 trainer rides and a whole bunch of walking through airports and parts of Toronto. I also met one of the womens; her stories are even more badass when you hear them in person!

I'm hoping to use exercise this week to deal with the current roller coaster and also hoping that the cough finally makes its way out of my system.
M: swim (done) + bike
T: run + strength
W: swim + bike
Th: run + strength
F: swim + run
S: rest
Su: bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi ladies,

I survived my first week out in the big wide world on my own in a long time! I spent some time with friends, did copious amounts of work for my concert, designed and printed and collated and folded programs for my concert, and finally played my concert.

This week I'm house-sitting for some friends who have gone away to visit family for Thanksgiving week. I have to finish a college course by the end of the day on Saturday, which..... I haven't started yet. Whoops. This self-paced learning thing is proving a challenge when you leave it all to the last minute, and I darn well should know better. Going to see an apartment this evening, even though I'm still in the beginning stages of figuring out what next steps look like.

Happy Thanksgiving, US womens, and sorry for the non-holiday for everyone else. Have a good week anyway ;o)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck with the class UK2ME--you can do it! Rosie the Riveter that stuff! I'll be thinking of you.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ladies,
I am new to this post but I will throw my hat in....
Last week was a bust. I felt a cold coming on (fatigue, scratchy throat, etc.) but chose to barrel on through until I sucomed to the illness. Then I took 3 days off. I finally did a short easy run on Saturday, easy bike and Sunday and now I am working my way back into full on off-season training. I have the whole week off to train, recover and rest so hopefully I can wrap up this illness. I have successfully transferred the illness to my husband....:-(

Have a great week!

Kat Kong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey y'all, all's fine here. I did everything I said I would last week. It's the end of the semester, so I'm behind with work, but the situation is pretty normal. We had one sort of adoptive family Thanksgiving yesterday, and rather than do anything more this week, my hubby and I decided we just want to spend a bit of time with each other. So, we're just chilling at home. Hopefully the break will let me catch up a bit (huh, never gonna happen).

I have a 15-year-old, blind, deaf shih tzu. He has kidney failure and heart issues, but somehow he keeps on keepin' on. He's been coughing and we're trying to figure that out.

For training this week, I'm doing the local Turkey Trot. It'll be my first race since I sprained my ankle, so I'm just taking it slow and easy. Besides that, it's 4 bikes, a swim, and a few planks (I'm now doing them more consistently, and for longer. So, begrudgingly, I admit it's working).

Last edited by: GiantNewb: Nov 25, 19 18:42
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get better ED!!!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feel better! So glad you got to hang with a womens.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Soon you will be the planking QUEEN!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe and Scherezede, I hope you feel better.

I am headed to CT today to spend Thanksgiving with my cousin's family. My parents and one of my siblings will drive from Maine.

Last week I swam 5 times (2775 yds), rode once (46.5 mi), and ran 6 times (46.4 mi). I also had a better week mentally and using healthy coping skills, though not perfect (6/7 on that).

Goals this week:
1. healthy coping skills
2. keep the running under control
3. do PT exercises
4. bike at least twice (one done)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi ladies! Can I join in here with you? I've been reading ST on and off for a while, and figured I should say hi. :-)

A little about me - I've been doing triathlon for about 6 years. Or 7. I can't remember. I've done all distances, but the Oly and 70.3 are probably my favorite. I hate short and fast. I'm trying to embrace the offseason for the first time since 2017. I'm a professor, scuba diver, cat lover, and I travel as much as possible. I am also quite familiar with Dr_Cupcake, since she is my IronBae and favorite racing partner-in-crime.

My goal for the week? Not to eat like a giant idiot. I'm also toying with racing my turkey trot on Thursday, instead of just running to enjoy it. Here's what I have on tap for the week:

Monday: 2200 swim
Tues: 40' run and strength
Wed: 1 hour of ladders on Zwift
Thurs: 5k Turkey Trot, strength
Fri: 2200 swim
Sat: 1 hour Zwift workout
Sun: Rest
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition [IronScholar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! Welcome!
Professor of what?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey all. Welcome to the new womens!

Hope you finally kick those coughs/colds, edbikebabe and Sheherazade.
UK2ME, hope you are doing well on your own and getting that class taken care of. You got this!
GiantNewb, hope the doggie is OK!

Last week was pretty good, I finally felt like I got back into a groove. I'm dealing with some IT band/glute/hip weirdness right now, because of course I am. I have been slacking on the PT these last few weeks going out of town, etc. so I am sure that's not a coincidence. I'm not running anything fast or long but the easy runs feel fine. I also lifted for the first time in a while and am still feeling it. Ugh!

I will probably take tomorrow and Thanksgiving off training completely and come back Friday (I have the day off work) with a barre class and a run, then get back into my schedule of long ride/"long" run Saturday/Sunday. I will NOT be doing any Black Friday shopping except for maybe the odd fitness/running toy. (Good sales I've seen so far are Zoot and Aeropex -- any others?) It has been gloomy, dark, and cold here, so not a very good motivation for getting out the door but I am trying.

Hope you all have a relaxing few days whether you celebrate American Thanksgiving or not. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I plan to eat and drink whatever I please. =) We go out to an early dinner but we host family for pre-dinner coffee/mimosas and post-dinner desserts. I already have the apple crisp and champagne in the fridge and just need to tidy up the living room, sweep up the dog fur, and set up the dessert table. It's just family so I don't have to get the place TOO clean (haha).

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronScholar wrote:
Hi ladies! Can I join in here with you? I've been reading ST on and off for a while, and figured I should say hi. :-)

UMMMMMMMM HIIIIIIIIIIIII

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Hi! Welcome!
Professor of what?

Of AWESOMENESS

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy ::checksdateohshit:: Thanksgiving Eve Eve ladies!

I hope everyone has a happy and healthful week. Safe travels to all and safe spaces to those who need them this week.

Last week's goal was...uhhhh? Three? Puppy? Snack? Fuck. I have slept maybe 10 hours in the past three days, and have been killing myself with work and getting ready for the family to descend upon the house for Thanksgiving. My in-laws are already here. My MIL infiltrates my kitchen tomorrow with the palmolive, playtex gloves, and sponges she packed IN FLORIDA to make stuffing and attempt to clean up after herself. Pray for me. At least the kitchen is already SPOTLE- oh crap my husband did things in the kitchen today. Sigh. 4am wake up call again for tomorrow so there will be no commentary from the MIL on the status of my kitchen.

This week's goal, and I am making it my OLD YEAR RESOLUTION to say this for the last damn time before the calendar changes: SURVIVE

M- emergency rest day. Worked from 6:30am to about 6:30pm, with a break in the middle to rush home and scrub the kitchen and make things. And do laundry. And other things I can't remember any more. Our floors got professionally cleaned, and to keep the cats happy and sane we slept with them in the basement while the floors dried out overnight. I did not sleep. And when I did, I woke up with my feet in cat hork. This is my life.
Tu- 1900yd swim and lifting. And volunteering at the museum all day for my only moment of zen this week. Also attempting to fold laundry and failing. Goodness I'm tired.
W- 2000yd swim, 45min Zwift, lifting, and why not? Because it's not like I have four side dishes and two pies to make tomorrow, as well as welcome the rest of the family here. Haha, oh ha ha, fuck.
Th- 5k Turkey Trot! And THE MAIN EVENT. The timeline is planned to the 15 minute mark and so help me god if one of the family botches it they get to eat birdseed outside with the cardinals.
F- REST DAY THANK EVERY LAST STAR THAT EVER EXISTED
Sa- 8mi run and strength
Su- Yoga, because I will need it. Badly.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lordy, that's a lot. Take care of yerself. When my mom comes for a visit, she works like crazy in my garden. These days, I'm glad that she has something to focus on that is out of the house, and is also not directly me--just indirectly about my gardening. I can't imagine if the routine was for my mom to be in my kitchen working like that.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition [Kat_Kong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome welcome Kat!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oooooo upcakes Ironbae!!!!! Welcome!!!!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
I also met one of the womens; her stories are even more badass when you hear them in person!

I think you misspelled "dumbass" there, but thanks for the kind words - it was great to meet you and your Mr.!

Hang in there, womens. You're all strong and brave and have a 100% track record of getting through challenging times - do your best to fight on through, and offer yourself grace when you struggle.

Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Hi! Welcome!
Professor of what?

Sports media. I'm deep in the sports world :-)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
IronScholar wrote:

UMMMMMMMM HIIIIIIIIIIIII

Hiiiiiii Bae. <3
Quote Reply