Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How was your week? Nov. 15
Quote | Reply
Write about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
5 runs
4 swims
1 ride
2 x yoga + practice the class I hope to teach this Sunday
go to the rock gym once
food goal: no sugar (candy/desserts). My dietician is supportive of this and wants me to work on a plan (ie: if I crave sugar I will (a) wait 20 min? eat an apple? what will I do?) this past week I learned how well DISTRACTION works so maybe that will be part of it.

Did:
6 runs (39.8 mi) including one race (5k, 3rd female, 21:45 which I'm ok with - it was about what i expected for my current 5k fitness)
no rides and did not go climbing
2 swims (3k, 3.5k)
2x yoga
pretty rotten with eating

Goals for this week:
6 runs
4 swims
Large dent in lit review
large dent in fellowship application

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My goal was: "NOTHING" and I am disappointed to say that I rode the Mtn bike to work & back one day, and did run with the dawg ~10k on Sunday. Other than that, lots of walking, and playing with the kids at the pool. Awesomeness. ;-)

This week: Base 1.
Run: 4x (all aerobic nothing too hard or crazy, work on form)
Swim: 2x (long stroke, drills, form)
Ride: 1x Mtn bike on weekend (~2hrs? maybe 3? we'll see)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last Week Goals....
Trainer - 2x @ least 50 min
Swim - 2x @ 50 min
Run - 2x @ least 30 min
Yoga - 1x (Trying to start doing this)
CROSS COUNTRY RACE ON SUNDAY TO FINISH THE WEEK!

What I did...
Trainer - 3x equaling about 4 hrs.
Swim - 1x (oops...)
Run 2x
Yoga - 1x... (holy crap Hot Yoga is Hot!!)
So overall I accomplished most of my goals.. I just really don't like swimming when it gets cold out.. I start my morning off cold in the water and then I work out in the cold for the day... So swimming is a toughie for me...

This week:
Run 2x
Swim 2x
Trainer 3x
Zumba 1x
Easier Hot Yoga Class on Friday...

Will c how this week goes.. My grandfather is in intensive care an hour away so I'm going to try and keep up the training and still c him and work from 7-6pm... hahah.. Should be exciting, but unfortunately he isn't doing as well as the doctors hope so it is a must to make the trips to c him... Hope you all have a good week!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 1 or 2 runs if my ankle is feeling better: WIN! 2 runs
- 1 or 2 swims: WIN! 1 swim, felt good!
- 1 or 2 bike rides: WIN! 1 bike ride
- 2 core/strength: WIN! actually did 3 x core/strength.

i'm having fun lifting & carrying heavy things at the moment, including my own ass ;) looking back, i sort of did a minimum of the aerobic stuff, but i'm ok with that for this time of year.

this week's goals:
- 2 or 3 runs
- 1 or 2 bike
- 1 or 2 swim
- 2 or 3 core/strength
- continue personal improvement work

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I like lifting too.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't have any goals for last week (or at least didn't post any). But I did pretty well anyway.

Did:
2x core
2x hips
2x commute
2x yoga/pilates

This week I would like to:
hips x2
abs x3
yoga/pilates x2
commute more often than not
swim (just once) - I'm like tarjay, that cold water is just not cool in the winter. It will take a lot of self-talk all week to make this happen by the end!

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run or do something else to get warmed up before I get in the pool and then the cold water feels good

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anybody else has any suggestions as to how to convince themselves to get in the pool when its 20 degrees in the morning let me know... because I live in Iowa and its only going to get colder... On top of the fact that I went swimming this Monday and my ears were hurting really bad.. So I'm up for any suggestions...
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [tayjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The second you get up (ok *after* you pee) put your suit on, then some warm comfy clothes. I find that as long as I have my suit on and am warm on the trip to the pool, I am far more likely to make it there. Find the fuzziest trackiedacks, socks, sweatshirt, etc. Get WARM. Good luck!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [tayjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
could be worse - they're having trouble getting the new geothermal system hooked up at the rec centre where i swim (which was closed all summer for renovations). apparently the heat won't be operational until nov. 19th, and we've already had some snow here! none that hung around, but our nights are consistently below freezing now.

agree with andy - if i've put my suit on, i'm definitely going, and wearing huge amounts of warm, cozy clothing over top will even steel me to scraping ice off the car in the morning before i leave..

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
When I lived in Boston, I always hated how my hair froze when I got out of the pool and walked the 5 minutes to class. It's a pain, but I would bring a thermos of hot, hot tea (leave in locker room) and a hair dryer and a big fat wool hat with ear flaps. Knowing that I would have those comforts at the end of the workout made it easier to get there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow, can't believe that you guys are swimming outside.

last week's goal: all met
4 swims: monday, thurs, fri, sat
a 35 mile leisurely bike ride: tues
zumba & core: tue eve
a 3 mile run & yoga: wed

this week's goal:
2 swims: fri, sat
2 three mile runs: did one session on monday, 1 more to go either tomorrow or thurs
zumba: thurs
core: did 1/2 on mon, one more 1/2 to go either tomorrow or thurs
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are trackiedacks? Is that a Canadian word?

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jean, I swim indoors.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's Aussie for track pants (i.e.: sweat pants). ;-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
wow, can't believe that you guys are swimming outside.

LOL! I feel like I just got innocently called out for being a wuss. Which I am, because I too swim inside. :P And we don't even have snow here yet.

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to confess. I swim inside too but first I warm up in the whirlpool for 10 minutes, then I go into the sauna for 15 to 30 minutes to bring up my heart rate to probably about 180, THEN, I go swim my 40 minutes in the pool. after I finish, I go back into sauna again to bring back my temperature. And that pool is heated ;-). I don't know if I can go back to jump straight into the pool now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday evening we were swimming outside ; we sat around by the pool and talked after the workout. ( I know I'm gloating but we don't get to gloat much in New Orleans - except about the World Champion Saints, Mardi Gras, the food here, the live music and the amazingly friendly people ). The pool was heated , though. Two weeks ago we were still swimming in Lake Ponchetrain ( with wetsuits ). We swim near some old pilings that brown pelicans and giant blue herons sit on .
Of course, the summer months have a daily heat index of 120. I have to get up really early to run 'cause it's 80 degrees by 6am. It was 80 degrees last saturday but low humidity. Sunday I had to wear a long sleeve jersey for a bike ride.
Hey , doesn't someone make swim specific long sleeve shirts and tights ? Something snug with low drag ?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [Nola Joe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.girls4sport.com

I have a bunch of their rashies - wore a l/sleeve one for IMWA actually. Love *all* their stuff. You can still see me and their rashie (hee hee) under the Tri stories in the Community section ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found it. Cool!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
quite out of date... but... ;-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mixed week.

Got in 30 miles, includes the half marathon.Was overall pleased with half mary pace but had intestinal issues that added to my official finish time.Ran
No weights, never felt energetic enough
Put on a couple more lbs.
Ran 5 days.

Now that I type that out, last week sucked.

I did put some thought into goals for next year. Still ruminating on them but they will be focused on annual mileage and consultancy as opposed to specific race performance.

Dropped plans for full Seattle marathon to the half marathon. My running has felt really blah, my body is achy, and I'm bored much of the time. No need to torture myself, I'll do enough of that next year.

This week is a reset.

* Run at least 20 minutes every day, mostly trail or tmill to help with recovery
* Weights 2x
* Cold baths after runs 50 minutes or longer
* Drop 1 lb
* Finalize goals for 2011
* 10 mile long run Sat or Sun

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I did put some thought into goals for next year. Still ruminating on them but they will be focused on annual mileage and consultancy as opposed to specific race performance.

What's consultancy?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
D'oh, consistency.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply

Prev Next