Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? May 7/8th Edition
Quote | Reply
Spill!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 7/8th Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goals were 3 swims, 1 ride, and let running take care of itself. Done except - as usual - the cycling. I am really good at deciding I am too tired or don't have enough time for that (or would rather study, which is a legitimate reason).

M - 6.5 mi (workout: 1 mi 6:27, 2 mi 12:24)
T - 9.5 mi + 1400 yds
W - 5.1 mi + 2300 yds
T - 9.5 mi (workout: 2 x 2 mi - 12:36, 13:10) + 1500 yds
F - 6.3 mi + 2800 yds
S - 6.5 mi (graduation!!!!)
S - 11.5 mi

Totals: 8000 yds + 54.8 mi run. None of the swims were anything spectacular, but I felt GREAT this morning after 3 days out of the water. hehe.

I had a rough week for eating last week - 2 bad days. On the upside of things, 5/7 used to be a GOOD week so I am glad that is now a bad week :D I am doing far better overall, just had trouble last week with graduation festivities.

I am teaching in a public school these next two weeks (finishing student teaching - I missed time while I was visiting schools for next year so I am making it up now), then I have two weeks on campus finishing my work as a research assistant and beginning the process of turning my thesis work into journal articles; then I move to the island for the summer. It will be a happily busy month!
Goals for this week - 2 FAST swims, 1 ride (I will do it!!!), let running take care of itself

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on graduation! You rock. I'm so excited for you. Well done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First taper week of 3. Still had ok totals. I wish I had run and biked a little more, but legs still fatigued from Boston (even though I didn't do it hard, still tired )

Mon Run 6 miles , swim 3500
Tuesday run 6.4 miles - took p.m. w/o off
Wed run 7, swim 2600, bike 16.2
thursday run 3.2
friday run 3.1, swim 4200
sat bike 38 w/ transition run of 7 (90 degrees out)
sunday run 10.5

OK week, but felt rather tired and didn't do too much. I'm hoping this week I'll feel like I'm getting more energy back. Trying to eat a little less since I'm not working out as much.

Happy training to all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5 runs - done, got to the club track workout, did a long run of 9, still working on getting the weekly mileage up
3 bikes - done, with one being about 2 hrs of 'motorpacing' behind my friend who's much stronger than me.
1 swim, should have been two.

Tigerchik - congrats on your graduation! YAY!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- swim x 3 (missing one due to a concert on thursday night): WIN including going to the pool after the race on sunday
- cycle x 3: WIN though there was pretty much no intensity
- run x 5 incl my first 10k race in almost 3 years on sunday: WIN with 6 runs and almost 3 minute PR at the race
- core/strength x 4 but no heavy lifting: WIN

this week's goals:
- swim x 4
- cycle x 4 incl. longer ride (50+km) and hopefully commuting to the market on saturday
- run x 6
- core/strength x 4
- kick the headcold that's settled in on me :(

race report for the 10k is here: illadvisedracing.blogspot.com/2012/05/mudpuppy-chase-10k-may-6th-2012.html

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Was out of town for work Sunday afternoon-Tuesday afternoon...STAR testing. Teaching online, we have to test at locations throughout the state, so I headed to Bakersfield, as we have no teachers that live in the area.
Monday- Run 15 mins (treadmill hotel, very slow calibrated had me running 1mph faster than I usually am on a treadmill) Swam 700 yds (got kicked out of my lane due to someone "reserving" the lane...not posted anywhere at the gym :( )
Tuesday- Run 16 mins (different treadmill at the hotel, better calibrated)
Wednesday- Swim 1200 (working my way back up, was happy to be back at my usual gym)
Thursday- "1st" open water swim of the season followed by 10 min run. (not my first open water, that was Oceanside, but 1st with my training group)
Friday-off
Saturday- Bike/Run Brick 34/10min
Sunday-Off
Monday- Run/ swim brick - Run 15 swim 1100 yds.
Kind of hectic with traveling, then getting home and completing expense reports within one day of returning home. No races scheduled until September, as of right now.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 7/8th Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 min PR in 10 K = amazing. Good job!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 7/8th Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks :) three years of run base makes a huge difference - prior 10k PR was only 6 months after i started running!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Run 5x including 1x drills/plyometrics; 1x tempo; 1x long (2hr+) -> Small 'd' done, got 5 runs in but my long was only 70min ;-)
Ride 3x including 2 commutes and 1 road or MTB of 2hr min -> DONE and feeling v. strong on the bike now.
Swim 1x. -> FAIL. Same old issue - when to find the time.
Diet: keep on tracking and keep on undershooting the targets. -> DONE, with 1 bad day ;-)

This week:
Run: 5k race on Mother's Day, so what ever short & easy runs I feel like doing (~3-4 runs)
Bike: Commute X2
Swim: I'll be realistic and say "0".
Diet: Same as above but try to drink more water.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 7/8th Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all for the congrats.

MistressK, congrats on the PR!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks - congrats on your grad! :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I wish I were graduating!

M: trainer for 1 hr. Not in shape for biking.
T: on the track for a classic workout: 5 x 1k repeats at 3:40 with 2:00 rest. 2 mile warmup, dynamic stretching, workout, walk home.
W: 10 miles at 7:00 pace
R: 10k tempo in 39:30 (not including a short break to tie my shoe and go to the bathroom, which made it probably like 41:00) 2 miles warmup, 1 mile cooldown
F: 10 miles at 8:00 pace
S: 10 miles at 7:00 pace. Lots of dancing.
S: about 11 miles at ?? not sure, played around on trails with runner guys who I slowed down quite a bit. Could have been 7:00 pace sometimes, 9:00 pace others.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 7/8th Edition [darkhorsepick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are you studying? I know you're in grad school.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Law School! Just one year left before I face a glutted legal job market!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 7/8th Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike ride done!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply