Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? May 28/29 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone is recovering well from some long races.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 28/29 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals this week: ride 3x (one done - mountain bike this AM and loved it!), swim at least twice, let running take care of itself, hip exercises 2x.
Rode 1x; I traded the other times I had planned to cycle for hiking and kayaking. Swims check; running check; hip exercises GOOSE EGG.
The "mountain bike" ride (I was on a hybrid on the road; not sure what to call it) was way fun.

M - 8.7 mi run + 1 hr mt bike
T - 9 mi run
W - 8 mi run + 1600 yd swim
T - 4.2 mi run + 2700 yd swim
F - 9 mi run + 1000 yd swim
S - 8 mi trail run w/ 2 mi hike in the middle + 1000 yd OW swim!!!
S - 7 mi trail run w/ 2 mi hike in the middle (different mountain :-) + 45 min kayak

Totals: 6300 yd swim, 1 hr mt bike, 55 mi run, and a couple hours of "other"

Eating went well... 6/7 ... the bad day was a complete accident. I found a package of Reeses Pieces in the cupboard after dinner, decided to snack on them (so far so good), looked at the nutrition facts and thought it said "3 servings, 90 cal per serving." Ate most of them, looked again, and saw 190 cal/serving. OOPS. That resulted in freak out but rather than coping healthfully, I decided I had already "messed up" and binged more. :P

Goals for this week: 2 swims, 2 rides (1 ride done this am :-), let running take care of itself, hip exercises 1x

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- swim x 5 including 1 OWS (done yesterday) and the race swim: WIN
- cycle x 4 including a long hill-fest (done yesterday) and the race: WIN
- run x 6: WIN
- core/strength x 3 but no lifting heavy, mostly just mobility stuff: WIN
- get lots of rest and sleep: eeh, not so much.
- fix the fingernail nick i put in my wetsuit yesterday; have already found a local retailer who carries cement, but i can't get there until friday: WIN. fix worked perfectly.

not so much a long race, but i did hit a 3min PR at the odd 750m/30k/7.5k sprint i did on sunday morning - first tri of the season. race report should be up on the blog this afternoon, with the TL;DR version being that the swim felt pretty good but was 30sec slower than my best at that distance, i took 3sec off my best T1 time, my legs didn't want to do much for the first half of the bike course (need more training on my tri bike, specifically on hills) and the run was tougher than i'd expected as it was on a stony fitness trail and had a couple of nasty little rises to it (still 3mins faster than the same distance 2yrs ago on a flat, paved course). happy with my effort and the PR, and can't point to anything that really went wrong - good tune-up race! :)

this week's goals:
- swim x 4
- cycle x 4
- run x 6
- core/strength x 4

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week's plans:

M - 2hr of ride or run; 1hr swim (seriously): SWIM DONE - honestly I did it!!!
T - Run 35' aerobic - DONE
W - Run 45' w/intervals - DONE
R - Ride (Commute) 1hr; Run 35' aerobic - only ran, didn't ride, small "d" done
F - Run 45' tempo - FAIL, I was home sick all day with food poisoning!!!
St - Try to get in a bike ride with Kate ;-) - DONE Also managed to get in an angry 2hr MTB ride.
Sn - I might do a local 8k race - it's a hard one. Have to see if the sked permits. - Nada, and I'm OK with that.

Added in some weights & core & plyometrics (WCP I call it) last week (T and R) and was happy with that. Will continue. Diet was OK until the blow out on Friday - not a recommended weight loss plan!!!

This week, traveling to Belgium for work on Fri, so it'll be a bit of a shit show.
M: Run 45'; WCP - DONE
T: Ride 2x
W: Run 55'; WCP
R: Ride 2x; optional WCP
F: Run ez 35' - fly out.
St: lose a day, arrive in BEL late Sat
Sn: 1/2 marathon in La Roche-des-Ardennes - complete with beer garden after!!! :-) The course looks very hilly and fun, lots on trails! Very excited!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You all have had some great weeks. Well done!

I did nothing. At all. I did manage to come down w/ major sinus infection. I'm blaming the decreased immunity and the gross water we swam in combined. I've been on antibiotics for 5 days and just now getting better. Maybe the triathlon gods' way of letting me know not to start back too soon?

Anyway.
Goals this week
Start 4-6 week of weight training. I am hoping for a little injury prevention. I want to lift 3 days this week.
bike 1-2 times
run 40 miles
swim 1-2 times.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 28/29 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope you feel better soon.

I think AP is excited about her race because of the beer garden, not because she gets to run ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Hope you feel better soon.

I think AP is excited about her race because of the beer garden, not because she gets to run ;-)
And it's a Belgian Beer Garden!! ;)

My week
Tues- Swim 1000 yds Yoga 1hr (had a sub, very strenuous, was very sore next day)
Thurs- Swim 1200 yds, Run 2.5 miles (mostly along a boardwalk in Long Beach, CA)
Fri-- left town for Fresno to go to cousin's son's graduation party on Sat. One stop on the way to eat dinner.
Sat- Run 1.4 miles 20 mins on hotel treadmill.
Sun- Played with my almost 7 month old nephew
Mon- drove home...6 stops on the way home. Lots of traffic due to freeway construction...luckily I wasn't driving by that time.

This week goals-
Yoga- 1x
Swim 2-3x
Run- 4x
Bike- 1x (at least)
Working another swim meet this weekend, Fri, Sat, & Sun, we have nice warm sunny weather planned.
Next weekend is our Special Olympics Chapter Games @ Cal State Long Beach, my sister will be competing in Rythmic gymnastics on Sunday, I will be a fan in the stands (volunteer) on Saturday pm for Swimming (that's the sport where I know the most athletes, because I used to coach when my sister swam.) I am also working a swim meet that Saturday...action packed few weekends and my summer hasn't officially started yet...final exams for our students are not over until the 15th and then we have a week to finish up grades.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Partly true, A, but the course looks FANTASTIC!!! Hilly, lots of green hills, trails, single track, plus windy streets thru the little willage... it will be outstanding. Beer always helps ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Family matters kept me from training most of last week and until today. this week was a scheduled recovery week, so I'm hoping I can get most of the workouts in by doing a couple of doubles of the next several days.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 28/29 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M: 30 min run at 7:30 pace
T: 15 min warmup, dynamic stretching, Track 8 x 400 at 77 secs/400, 75 sec rest (I don't know how people do this workout with only a minute rest, but that seems like the standard!)
W: 45 mins at 6:45 pace
R: 45 mins at 6:45 pace, again..my schedule is a little too tight for creativity
F: 60 mins at 7:00 pace
S: 2 hour mountain bike, rock climbing
S: 1.5 hour mountain bike, tennis

I've been sick this week, so not much in the way of aerobic activity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saturday I walked to the gym, 15 minutes. Then I swam for 20 minutes, walked to Starbucks then home, another 20 minutes.

Tuesday I met with a personal trainer at the gym and had to face a harsh reality of how badly I've let myself go.

Wednesday went for a 4.5 mile run/walk with a friend.

Tonight is the personal trainer again. When I get home I'll pull out the calendar and plan my next week's food and exercise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: JenSw: May 31, 12 13:08
Quote Reply