Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? May 27 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 27 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone! I hope you're all enjoying your Memorial Day.

I hit all my goals last week. I went over on the long ride and the long run, mostly because I'm following a training plan for a 70.3 in September, but I have an oly in a few weeks and I'm focusing a little on preparing for that run. Feeling a little tired today, so I'll probably take the swims and bikes easy this week to even things out.

My plan this week includes 3 swims, 3 bikes, 4 runs, and 2 strengths. My local tri club starts ows this week, and I'm excited to get in a lake! A reason for regular lake swimming was one of the most exciting things about triathlon to me :)

Been thinking about y'all. TC, hope you're using those healthy coping skills. And Cupcake, I've been thinking a lot about you and your friend.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy long weekend if you get one!! (Canada celebrated last week).

Hope everyone had a good week.

I'm happy to report that I raced and finished yesterday. My time was s-l-o-w, but considering my inconsistent training, not at all surprising. It was fun, but not fun enough to jump back into doing more triathlons. My niece talked me into a 10km in July, so I'm going to make a real effort to get out for more runs, even if they are short.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 27 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on your finish! Running a 10k with your niece sounds like fun.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 27 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This week - I'm running a conference Tues through Fri and am not sure yet what I'll have for workout access. Goal: no unhealthy coping mechanisms. I had one or two rougher days this past week.

I am pleased with my workouts, got to swim some meters! I did some of these runs with some tempo and/or progressive segments. I also used my healthy coping skills the whole week :-)

M: 5 mi run + 1375 yd swim + 7.5 mi run
T: 6.2 mi run
W: 3.2 mi run + 2100 scm swim
T: 5.5 mi run + 1125 yd swim
F: 9.3 mi run
S: 8 mi run + 1225 yd swim
S: 18.3 mi bike + 5 mi run

totals 6021 yd swim + 18.3 mi bike + 49.7 mi run

Highlight of the week was giving a friend a bday gift that she LOVED.
goals this week - keep using healthy coping skills, do a run with intervals shorter than a mile, do a long run

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dr TC, thanks for getting us started. I'm glad you had a good week. GiantNewb - hope the new plan is going well; sounds like you're remembering to listen to your body. edbikebabe - a 10k with your niece sounds fun and well done on your tri finish!

My week was pretty good - the highlight was Dan coming back. I missed him! Workouts went pretty well too; for various boring reasons I landed up missing one swim workout and "strength" was more like some bedtime stretching but I swam my fastest 100s ever, ran my fastest 5k ever AND had a decent long run so I'll take it.

This week I'm at a conference so this morning I was at a new to me pool at 5.30am; I had some anxiety because they have assigned lanes and we were circle swimming but it worked out okay. The plan is also to run on some new to me trails so that should be fun. By the end of the week I will ideally have 3 x swim, 3 x bike and 4 x run under my belt. Finally, my birthday is this weekend and I'm hoping for a quiet night at home to celebrate :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ladies,

It sounds like everyone had a pretty decent week last week :) Kudos to all for keeping the spark alive.

My goal last week was to enjoy foot freedom out of the walking boot. You could say I did just that. I tossed the weekend plan out the window when IronBae rolled into town for a conference and shenanigans ensued. I took Saturday as a rest day, and Sunday... I RODE MY DAMN BIKE FOR THIRTY THREE MILES AND IT WAS AMAZING. I wore a very old and very busted-in (broken in is too light of a term) pair of cycling shoes and they felt fine. My foot didn't bother me at all during or even after the ride. I've had some residual soreness, especially in the morning and at night, but nothing concerning or unmanageable. So much so that when Bae said she had a swim and a run on her schedule today, I also gave myself a swim and a run (well, a 2:1 run walk for 40 minutes). And I FEEL FINE. Oh praise baby triathlon Jesus. I'm still playing it cautious this week and will stick to my training plan, but if there aren't tears of relief right now I don't know what else I could be feeling.

This week's goal: Behave (lol).

M- 2200yd swim, 40min run (ended up being around 3.4 miles) and core
Tu- 10min cardio warmup and heavy lifting session
W- 40min elliptical intervals, resistance band session, and core
Th- 2200yd swim and heavy lifting session
F- rest day
Sa- 2 hour bike ride with the team! This is also our neighborhood block party day. Always a fun night :)
Su- 3000yd OWS clinic with the team! Also, attending a sneak preview of the Museum of Natural History's new fossil hall!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 27 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hooray for some tri sports with no pain!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 27 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd have been a bit anxious about the assigned lanes and circle swimming at a new pool w/ new people too. Hope you have a good bday!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go Cupcake! And congrats, Scheherezade, on doin' yo thing on the road! It can be really intimidating in someone else's pool, and I'm glad you figured out the lane thing.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, everyone! I hope you all are off to a great week.

GiantNewb, getting those first few long rides, long runs, and open water swims in are the best. Hoping those are good omens for a good season.
edbikebabe, congrats on the race and I'm glad you had fun! Happy training for the 10K.
Dr. T, yay for healthy coping skills and nailing swims and runs.
Scherherazade, yay for Dan coming back and getting a swim done despite the anxiety. (New pools do that to me, too, ugh) And happy early birthday.
Dr_C, hooray for an awesome bike and some gentle swimming and running!

Last week went as well training-wise as I could have hoped. I front-loaded the week with two rides, an easy run, and hopefully my last PT session. Then we went out of town for the long weekend and I did two wogs (I'm only running 2 minutes at a time right now) on the road. I got to see some new-to-me scenery and get in some movement between the long car rides, so that was much appreciated. The weekend itself ended up being a bust but there were good moments of visiting old friends and eating barbecue. I also got to hang out with very cute kids and a friendly dog.

I'm off to a slow start this week being in the car all day Monday, but I did do my food prep and another wog yesterday and am shooting to get back into my three-trainer-rides-per-week routine, starting tonight. I am hoping to get the momentum going again soon. Happy training, womens!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all, belatedly checking in from the East Coast and pleased to see many positive updates!

Nice work getting all your goals GiantNewb.
Congratulations edbikebabe.
Glad to hear you're doing well with your training and your healthy coping Dr. Tigerchik and thanks, as ever, for getting us started.
Happy Birthday Scheherazade!
Cupcake, I'm so happy to see your update -- good luck as you progress.
Midtown, glad you're wogging again and enjoyed kid and dog time.

I've mostly just been poking around with my family though I did swim, bike, and run 3 times last week and did yoga twice. More importantly, I returned to rock climbing (inside) which was a major accomplishment for me since climbing was the last "thing" I hadn't returned to after my accident.

I also signed-up last minute for an open water swim in the Hudson River -- but course, I didn't pack a wetsuit and just decided to wing it. This was unwise. Between the cold, the current(s), the random giant sticks and icky trash, and the FIVE FOOT DEAD STURGEON FLOATING BY ME I think I'll stick with the ocean :P

This is my last week of unstructured swim, bike, run so I've been taking advantage of it -- just moving by feel and enjoying a mix of non-triathlon sports before buckling down for a build to my late-summer 70.3 races (August, September).

Have a great week!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 27 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SoCalTricurious wrote:
the FIVE FOOT DEAD STURGEON FLOATING BY ME

Gagging a little over here. That is so gross. Also, I'm kind of impressed that you could identify what kind of fish it was!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 27 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not that impressive because sturgeons look like creepy dinosaurs with ridged backs and I stopped in total disgust -- I can never add images correctly but just imagine the fish of your nightmares.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ick about the fish.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SoCalTricurious wrote:
the FIVE FOOT DEAD STURGEON FLOATING BY ME I think I'll stick with the ocean :P

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply