Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? May 21 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 21 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: 4 swims, 3 rides, day off from running. Academic goal is to plan how I am going to get all my work done this summer, and get started on it :P

done, rode once, done, sort of

M: 6.6 mi run + 975 yd swim
T: 5.6 mi run + 1125 yd swim
W: 6 mi run (track workout- 400s that were all over the place as I don't run outside enough to pace well) + 4475 yd swim
T: 9 mi run (4.5 mi tempo)
F: 8.5 mi run
S: 3.5 mi run + 1175 yd swim
S: 27 mi bike

totals 7750 yd swim, 27 mi bike, 39.2 mi run

I finally was able to give blood on Saturday!
I think I did a good job of the schoolwork last week. I did some planning and feel a little less stressed.
My left hamstring was a little sore last Sunday, and I didn't think much of it, as it was the first time I'd run hills in awhile. However, it's been a bit more problematic so my goal this week is to get that under control, swim a bunch, and average 3-4 hrs a day of research work.
Hope everyone has a good week.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: May 21, 18 7:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr TC, don't push the hamstring. It can only go downhill from there, so be nice to it.

Doc got me on a second antibiotic that seems to be helping. Did a very slow walk/jog this am. I don't have any reserves left, that's for sure.

Hope all the womens have a good week.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Womens and thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik -- take it easy on the hamstring.

I'm glad you're feeling better Tri3.

My goals last week were:
Quote:
... jump into a local Oly this weekend so including the race I'll have 4 bikes (2 easy), 4 swims (only one pool!), 3 runs (2 easy) yoga, strength, and PT.

I never made it to yoga because I was trapped in a conference Monday - Wednesday but did everything else. My race went fine -- I was tired and untapered but that was planned (ugh). New coach wanted me to try something different and really push the bike and try to PR my 40K without worrying about the run. I was nervous but I did it and had the 3rd fastest female split on the bike and still managed a respectable run split (that felt awful, BTW). The course was a little long across all disciplines so my overall times weren't what I'm hope for but I was happy that I executed my race plan.

This week it's 3 bikes, 3 swims, 4 runs, yoga, strength, and PT -- and then a nice little taper the following week leading up to my 70.3.

I hope everyone has a great week.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long weekend here; it was glorious, with lots of lying in. (Even Saturday morning when I'd forgotten to turn my alarm off, but I just rolled over and went back to sleep.)

Another decent week of training in the books. Actually took my TT bike off the trainer for my brick; I need to work on holding my watt targets outdoors when I have more to focus on than a line on the computer screen.

Had a good start to this week too. The holiday meant the local pool didn't have any lap swimming hours so we headed to the nice pool (an hour drive away) to get today's swim done. I also had a tempo run on the books which I was anxious about but it went well. It's a relatively big week this week and then an easier one next week. Just taking it one workout at a time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals from last week : swim 2x (done-1550m Monday, 1900m Wednesday), walk/run 2x (done, actually ran a little on Tuesday, otherwise all walking), ride- (done-pulled out my road bike and old helmet and did about 11 miles, overdid it a bit though and slept the rest of the day), Disneyland-didn’t happen due to the aforementioned overdone bike ride, and my sister didn’t want to go.

This week’s goals: swim 2x (1 done 2500m), run/walk 2x- (one done-most running I’ve done in a month), ride 1x.

Today marks 1 month since my accident, and it is also my 2-year fracture-versary (elbow-due slow speed bike fall).

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply